Players helping players

howcos.1734

After playing for 5 years almost every day I have my first serious problem. The energy bar on both my characters depletes to almost nothing after a few steps. I've emptied the cache and the problem is still there. The game is unplayable. Searched the forum's can't find a solution. Any help would be appreciated.. Thanks.

Just to be sure. Energy is associated with the revenant and is a blue bar above skill 1-3. Are you talking about that or something else like the endurance bar (above the health bubble).

If it is the revenants energy bar, I would suggest checking if you have a skill put on autofire (different from skill 1) that uses energy quickly (auto fire is when the skill is highlighted with two arrows around it)

If it is the endurance bar, check if you have W, A, S or D manually linked to the dodge key in your preferences

Does this also happen when you hold the right and left mouse buttons to move or only when you hold the W key down?

If you have a second keyboard available, try swapping them to see if that fixes it.

My guess is that your keyboard is either detecting double taps when you hold down W causing your characters to dodge, or your dodge key (V by default, I think) is stuck giving input.

Thanks guys. It's the endurance bar . I should have been more precise. W. key use: Sometimes the character dodges backward, sometimes forward. A key and D key character dodges left with A. Right with D. When the bar depletes the character "gitters in place". The bar goes to full if I stop pressing any key Then the same very fast depletion of the bar happens again. I will check my preferences. And if that isn't the problem will try my back-up keyboard. Will report on progress or not. Thanks again for the replies. Much appreciated.

Looks like your controls or keyboard are messed up. WASD keys are used to move your character around, but double pressing a key will make it dodge in that direction. After 2 dodges your endurance is depleted and must regenerate. Try switching off the "Double Tap to Evade" option in the movements options.