Teleport Skill Lag

Cougre.6543

So lately while playing PvP I've noticed that on many occasions while fighting someone they'll use a teleport skill, but their model stays behind for a good second while they appear practically invisible in their true location. It's thrown me off a number of times, and if others can please confirm this maybe we should get a fix.

It is not even rare. This happens every single time. It gets me killed more often than I'd like to admit and its pretty annoying to see a bad player feed on Hitreg and unintended exploits.

It gets all the way more annoying with P/D Thief. When I tried it out I could see people hitting thin air for up to 2 seconds while I was pew pewing already.

It's one of the reasons why Thief's Infiltrator's Strike + Steal practically always works out even on people who expected it to happen. You get hit by Steal and Bunch of AAs before Thieves location updates from the IS location. Had to drop this tactic because I could not bear the thought of winning due to such advantage.

This bug has been around for a while, from what I've seen it happens when an enemy stands still after teleporting. The game doesn't visually update the affected character's location until the player actually moves. I notice this most often with guardians using sword 2 > sword 3, since sword 2 is a teleport and sword 3 roots them in place.

No idea if/when it'll be fixed, but it's a pretty major bug so I can only hope the devs are working on it

it's a hack not in game issue or lag from other players.

this been recorded and send to anet a few times, player shows to be "lag spiking" around the map but his or her abilites/hits are still landing on you as if they weren't lagging up at all. It's one of the few hack tools out at the moment that allows for players to stay "alive" in a match.