Old habits die hard

Danikat.8537

It's been literally years since [Maize Balm](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vial_of_Maize_Balm "Maize Balm") farming was nerfed, and it wasn't even around that long (a year I think). On top of that I rarely did it, because I found it quite boring. And yet I still find myself looking out for potential farming spots - any time I notice lots of ambient creatures I find myself looking for groups of 3 close together and wondering if it'd be worth it. I just can't seem to break the habit even after all this time.

So I'm curious whether anyone else is the same. Is there anything you still find yourself doing (or not doing) because of how the game used to be, or even because of other games, even though you know it's different now?

I have honestly never even tried using it, I've always been curious about that item and still have a full stack in my inventory and everytime I clean my inventory I hover over them and think: "one day I'll try them" but I never have so far...

Which is kind of funny because I often kill ambient creatures when I'm just standing somewhere waiting for something, did you know ambient creatures have a loot table? They can actually drop stuff it's just very rare. (Don't know if it's a bug or not but it's been around since launch as far as I remember)

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> It's been literally years since [Maize Balm](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vial_of_Maize_Balm "Maize Balm") farming was nerfed, and it wasn't even around that long (a year I think). On top of that I rarely did it, because I found it quite boring. And yet I still find myself looking out for potential farming spots - any time I notice lots of ambient creatures I find myself looking for groups of 3 close together and wondering if it'd be worth it. I just can't seem to break the habit even after all this time.

>

> So I'm curious whether anyone else is the same. Is there anything you still find yourself doing (or not doing) because of how the game used to be, or even because of other games, even though you know it's different now?

Not only do I have the same reaction in areas of PoF|HoT that have tons of ambients... but I had to tamper down my excitement when I was at the local supermarket and saw that Flaxseed was 50% off.