Do something against naked players

aelska.4609

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Cougre.6543" said:

> How much more damage do you take without armor anyway? Isn't it only like 5%? I know Frostball does it and he doesn't seem to take that much more damage.

It’s a hefty amount depending on the class, and remember Frostball is quite a bit more skilled than the average Gw2 player and knows how to actually avoiding taking damage when it’s unnecessary.

> @"Crius.5487" said:

> I'm not naked, I'm wearing my amulet.

Amulet is not enough..

+1 for this topic.. i see allot of players (moslty thiefs) running around naked because they dont need it.. (and die in 1-2 hits)

This armor system is also stupid where some parts dont count and others do.. its confusing for allot of players also

I had an argument the other day with some naked teammates. Told them to check it themselves but they still didn't believe it.

If you're reading this thread and still don't believe you're losing armor when naked, open the hero panel, and look at your armor rating while you equip and unequip either the chest, the legs, or the boots.

The whole concept of armor and armor-class just seems out-dated in the current pvp system.

When you can be a bunker as a light-armor: ele/mesmer/(even some necro builds) and have heavy-armor glass cannons, it just seems a bit pointless.

I think part of the stat standardization in PvP should probably do away with armor-class and just set everyone at the same base value with runes/amulet being the only possible source of additional toughness.

> @"Cougre.6543" said:

> How much more damage do you take without armor anyway? Isn't it only like 5%? I know Frostball does it and he doesn't seem to take that much more damage.

If you have damaged armor or unequipped armor, you lose stats corresponding to that. It doesn't make sense for PvP, but it's a legacy thing from the pve system (or from when you had specific armor skins for pvp)

> @"Ario.8964" said:

> I go naked to train to play glassy builds. In unranked I don't see a problem with creating an artificial challenge for yourself, we all know the game won't create a challenge outside of trying to bypass everyone's passives.

This is true. Intentionally putting yourself at a disadvantage actually works for learning a build. Unranked memes.

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > @"Cougre.6543" said:

> > How much more damage do you take without armor anyway? Isn't it only like 5%? I know Frostball does it and he doesn't seem to take that much more damage.

>

> If you have damaged armor or unequipped armor, you lose stats corresponding to that. It doesn't make sense for PvP, but it's a legacy thing from the pve system (or from when you had specific armor skins for pvp)

So does that mean people below level 15 are automatically at a disadvantage for not having helm, gloves and shoulders?

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > @"Cougre.6543" said:

> > > How much more damage do you take without armor anyway? Isn't it only like 5%? I know Frostball does it and he doesn't seem to take that much more damage.

> >

> > If you have damaged armor or unequipped armor, you lose stats corresponding to that. It doesn't make sense for PvP, but it's a legacy thing from the pve system (or from when you had specific armor skins for pvp)

>

> So does that mean people below level 15 are automatically at a disadvantage for not having helm, gloves and shoulders?

Pretty sure those can't even do PvP? But no, only legs, chest and boots are required for full stats. (check the wiki)

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > @"Cougre.6543" said:

> > > > How much more damage do you take without armor anyway? Isn't it only like 5%? I know Frostball does it and he doesn't seem to take that much more damage.

> > >

> > > If you have damaged armor or unequipped armor, you lose stats corresponding to that. It doesn't make sense for PvP, but it's a legacy thing from the pve system (or from when you had specific armor skins for pvp)

> >

> > So does that mean people below level 15 are automatically at a disadvantage for not having helm, gloves and shoulders?

>

> Pretty sure those can't even do PvP? But no, only legs, chest and boots are required for full stats. (check the wiki)

You can go to PvP at level 2, if you're new it's one of the best ways to find out what a class can do before committing to one.

> @"aelska.4609" said:

> Either you punish them for the obvious trolling, either you allow them to be naked without losing stats.

I don't see why you complain about it, it is not something that happens in every game, and I never saw someone pvp without armor after 2000 games.

Punish for what? For putting themselves in a disadvantage position? Usually who does that is a good player so if he is in your team probably he does a better job than you.

If they are merely given the stats so they can't purposely handicap themselves, they may still get naked, and standardized models of not, nobody should ever have to suffer a naked norn in their face right after loading. Not everyone knows all settings right after getting in the game. And that happening once is once too many.

Because of that, the best solution to deal both with naked trolls and cheaters getting naked so they can get killed faster by their friends or players paying them gold to lose is hiding their outfit and temporarily equipping them with the blandest armor sets, Tier 2 loot armor.

* Country armor

* Studded armor

* Worn Chain armor

Dyed with the blandest colors: Stone, pottery, clay.

Then lock their skins and dyes for the duration of the match.

Force the offenders to wear bland clothes, they won't stand out in any way. Not by being naked, not by wearing clown clothes.

> @"nicknamenick.2437" said:

> This armor system is also stupid where some parts dont count and others do.. its confusing for allot of players also

It's not stupid. Anet doesn't want people running around naked in PvP, but certain armor slots don't unlock on lvl 1 which is why they don't require those slots for armor rating in PvP as PvE levels should give no adventage here.

What did you say?

Do you understand the honor and the audacity to be able to play naked?

Do you know you need to be extremely skillful and have infinity knowledge of this game to try to play naked? That's why only a very few gifted people can perform this beautiful act and of course you can't.

> @"Elxdark.9702" said:

> What did you say?

> Do you understand the honor and the audacity to be able to play naked?

> Do you know you need to be extremely skillful and have infinity knowledge of this game to try to play naked? That's why only a very few gifted people can perform this beautiful act and of course you can't.

>

>

I don't think OP is complaining about the 1-2 people who can pull it off. But there are a lot of copycats out there who think they can get away with it when in reality they just end up handicapping their teams.

Anet should make it so you can't que naked and can't change PvE gear in que or in a match.