Feb 6 patch discussion thread.

Razor.6392

> @"deShinigami.2387" said:

> > @"Lilyanna.9361" said:

> > > @"deShinigami.2387" said:

> > > > @"Lilyanna.9361" said:

> > > > > @"deShinigami.2387" said:

> > > > > No nerf to Elusive Mind.

> > > > > No nerf to Druid sustain. (Good thing they nerfed Reef Drake though.)

> > > > > No nerf to Larcenous Strike.

> > > > > Adding damage to Warrior Greatsword of all weapons is just a slap in the face.

> > > > >

> > > > > This patch will do absolutely nothing.

> > > >

> > > > Read. Those buffs were for PVE on warrior only. Smh.

> > >

> > > Greatsword Slice: The damage of this skill has been increased by 35%.

> > >

> > > No, it was now. Smh

> >

> > You're getting mad basic autos getting buffed. Again, why are you crying? They usually use two skills to try and kill you. This is actually making them use their greatsword now.

>

> Yes, because no Warrior ever equipped a Greatsword before this patch hit. It's not like Greatsword has been the strongest weapon on Warrior since release. I'm not saying that it will make THAT much of a difference. It's more of a question as to why.

> Greatsword has and will always be meta as long as Whirling Attack is the stupid busted kitten that it is today. This buff was completely unwarranted.

This doesn't change anything, so your panties are twisting for no reason. Spellbreaker already got put in line previously so I'm not surprised the changes were fairly small or didn't really impact much on the PvP side.

With war it just seems a lot of give and take, which is a good thing for this kind of class.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Crinn.7864" said:

> But SB now has _almost_ permenant swiftness from the new burst mastery trait.

Which is good, because now we can use our mobility skills for breaking snares as opposed to using them as reconnects. Kiting isn't as bad as it was historically (thanks to dagger leaps), but can still get ugly sometimes. More uptime without the cost of significant chunks of damage lost in the process.

Honestly, this could turn into a huge buff for warriors.

The balance was unimaginative, and heavy handed.

Again they nerf classes when they should be buffing others, and in general just mucked everything up.

I still need to check it in-game but it seems to me that quickness uptime will suffer because they over-did it with replacing it with alacrity. So it will be likely that a Firebrand will be required to fill in the mesmer's down-time.

For scourge they took the laziest path, and just nerfed everything instead of adding counter-play mechanics to shades... Now not only do we have a 1/2 second cast time, they also increased all cool-downs by 2 seconds, what's worse, most of the nerfs are not split, which means PvE scourge which wasn't in the best place, is only worse now...

Ah well, it's official, Arena Net can't handle balance. At least lets hope they don't make us live with their mistakes for another 3 months.

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> The balance was unimaginative, and heavy handed.

> Again they nerf classes when they should be buffing others, and in general just mucked everything up.

>

> I don't know what their aim was with confusion, but at this point, might as well rename it, because it has nothing to do with the intent of the condition (which after it's second iteration was to punish you for spamming skills).

> I still need to check it in-game but it seems to me that quickness uptime will suffer because they over-did it with replacing it with alacrity. So it will be likely that a Firebrand will be required to fill in the mesmer's down-time.

>

> For scourge they took the laziest path, and just nerfed everything instead of adding counter-play mechanics to shades... Now not only do we have a 1/2 second cast time, they also increased all cool-downs by 2 seconds, what's worse, most of the nerfs are not split, which means PvE scourge which wasn't in the best place, is only worse now...

>

> Ah well, it's official, Arena Net can't handle balance. At least lets hope they don't make us live with their mistakes for another 3 months.

Confusion is named that way because you harm yourself by attacking yourself rather than the enemy (hence why it's called Confusion..)

> Again they nerf classes when they should be buffing others, and in general just mucked everything up.

>

> I don't know what their aim was with confusion, but at this point, might as well rename it, because it has nothing to do with the intent of the condition (which after it's second iteration was to punish you for spamming skills).

> I still need to check it in-game but it seems to me that quickness uptime will suffer because they over-did it with replacing it with alacrity. So it will be likely that a Firebrand will be required to fill in the mesmer's down-time.

>

> For scourge they took the laziest path, and just nerfed everything instead of adding counter-play mechanics to shades... Now not only do we have a 1/2 second cast time, they also increased all cool-downs by 2 seconds, what's worse, most of the nerfs are not split, which means PvE scourge which wasn't in the best place, is only worse now...

>

> Ah well, it's official, Arena Net can't handle balance. At least lets hope they don't make us live with their mistakes for another 3 months.

You seriously think scourge didn't need nerfs? I mean the amount of condi's/corruption it can apply and the speed at which they can re-apply them wasn't alarming?

I mean seriously, leaving a point node in pvp or die instantly against a necro (a game mode which focuses on fighting for points) wasn't broken? I agree i played my fair share of OP scourge but it definitely required fixing. I say it got nerfed less then it deserved.

> @"Abelisk.4527" said:

> > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > The balance was unimaginative, and heavy handed.

> > Again they nerf classes when they should be buffing others, and in general just mucked everything up.

> >

> > I don't know what their aim was with confusion, but at this point, might as well rename it, because it has nothing to do with the intent of the condition (which after it's second iteration was to punish you for spamming skills).

> > I still need to check it in-game but it seems to me that quickness uptime will suffer because they over-did it with replacing it with alacrity. So it will be likely that a Firebrand will be required to fill in the mesmer's down-time.

> >

> > For scourge they took the laziest path, and just nerfed everything instead of adding counter-play mechanics to shades... Now not only do we have a 1/2 second cast time, they also increased all cool-downs by 2 seconds, what's worse, most of the nerfs are not split, which means PvE scourge which wasn't in the best place, is only worse now...

> >

> > Ah well, it's official, Arena Net can't handle balance. At least lets hope they don't make us live with their mistakes for another 3 months.

>

> Confusion is named that way because you harm yourself by attacking yourself rather than the enemy (hence why it's called Confusion..)

>

>

No, you're right, i misread the thread, it actually makes sense what they did. They are privileging the damage on skills instead of damage over time. I read it as having more damage up-front.

> @"bLind.6278" said:

> > @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > But SB now has _almost_ permenant swiftness from the new burst mastery trait.

>

> Which is good, because now we can use our mobility skills for breaking snares as opposed to using them as reconnects. Kiting isn't as bad as it was historically (thanks to dagger leaps), but can still get ugly sometimes. More uptime without the cost of significant chunks of damage lost in the process.

>

> Honestly, this could turn into a huge buff for warriors.

>

It's kind've stupid for classes that already had trouble kiting warriors though. I'm rather triggered that ArenaNet goes and buffs warrior's gap closing capabilities, and continuously leaving Reaper in the dust as far and mobility and target stick is concerned.

>

>

>

These are good changes. Adding counterplay does not solve the overall strength of the spec. Having some counterplay does not instantly mean that a 2-4 boons corrupt + other 3 conditions and perma cripple are not overpowered.

For people like you, it would be fine to add a 100k damaging ability that ignored downstate, as long as it had counterplay, right? No, that's not how it works. Hold this L, and be glad that using scourge no longer puts you on the same level than a post-op lobotomy patient. Rejoice! Now you can actually say that you _outplayed_ someone as scourge, while as of 2 hours ago, that term simply was impossible to combine with "scourge" in the same sentence because some sort of universal force prevented it from happening.

> @"Pridedemon.3041" said:

> > Again they nerf classes when they should be buffing others, and in general just mucked everything up.

> >

> > I don't know what their aim was with confusion, but at this point, might as well rename it, because it has nothing to do with the intent of the condition (which after it's second iteration was to punish you for spamming skills).

> > I still need to check it in-game but it seems to me that quickness uptime will suffer because they over-did it with replacing it with alacrity. So it will be likely that a Firebrand will be required to fill in the mesmer's down-time.

> >

> > For scourge they took the laziest path, and just nerfed everything instead of adding counter-play mechanics to shades... Now not only do we have a 1/2 second cast time, they also increased all cool-downs by 2 seconds, what's worse, most of the nerfs are not split, which means PvE scourge which wasn't in the best place, is only worse now...

> >

> > Ah well, it's official, Arena Net can't handle balance. At least lets hope they don't make us live with their mistakes for another 3 months.

>

> You seriously think scourge didn't need nerfs? I mean the amount of condi's/corruption it can apply and the speed at which they can re-apply them wasn't alarming?

> I mean seriously, leaving a point node in pvp or die instantly against a necro (a game mode which focuses on fighting for points) wasn't broken? I agree i played my fair share of OP scourge but it definitely required fixing. I say it got nerfed less then it deserved.

It needed some nerfs, but what it needed was a proper rework of shades, so they could be counter-played. The underlying issues with shades are still there, they just broke the class instead of fixing those.

Of course not everyone knows what proper balance is, or how to effect it.

What they should have done, is make shades work closer to how Renegade summons work. As in enemies should be able to dispel shades, because the damage will still be there, the shades are still going to be on point, except the class will either have been nerfed to death, or barely touched, because they **didn't adress the issues**.

Which is the common theme with a lot of the balance, the balance team doesn't address the actual issues with the classes. They're afraid to do actual reworks, so they just tweak the numbers. They should have done to shades something akin to what was done with phantasms.

Which is also what should have been done with Renegade skills, etc.

> @"Totemist.9862" said:

> will the scrapper and renegade buffs make a difference?

> also, gg druids, u needed a combination of boon corruption/removal, poison AND control to kill them... nothing can 1v1 them now

No the renegade buffs fail to address the problem with renegade; that the summons are cc'd and killed immediatley thus being just a waste of energy. Also the short bow skills are still as slow and clunky as ever, increasing their damage does nothing if the skills are impossible to hit.

Ahahah , ele still in the same spot as before, oh wait, not rly , it got worse. Bread and butter skill actually got nerfed which is riptide. Skills that were not used, won't be used, why? Cause they are badly designed. Cast time too long, must face target or any other thing that is slapped on them. Sword buffs are irrelevant, but riptide nerf is significant sustain reduction. How can you even imagine to nerf ele i dont get it

> @"Razor.6392" said:

> >

> >

> >

>

> These are good changes. Adding counterplay does not solve the overall strength of the spec. Having some counterplay does not instantly mean that a 2-4 boons corrupt + other 3 conditions and perma cripple are not overpowered.

>

> For people like you, it would be fine to add a 100k damaging ability that ignored downstate, as long as it had counterplay, right? No, that's not how it works. Hold this L, and be glad that using scourge no longer puts you on the same level than a post-op lobotomy patient. Rejoice! Now you can actually say that you _outplayed_ someone as scourge, while as of 2 hours ago, that term simply was impossible to combine with "scourge" in the same sentence because some sort of universal force prevented it from happening.

So in your mind, making a class useless in other game modes, because people couldn't be bothered to play Ranger and kill it by using their brains was a good thing?

You know what's sad? They could have made PvP with scourge about strategy, and could have made playing vs scourge the same kind of thing. But they went the fast and easy route, and people like you, that never seen proper balance in a game, will never enjoy that.

Luckly i get my main pvp fix from games that know how to do balance, so that doesn't concern me so much.

> > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > The balance was unimaginative, and heavy handed.

> > > Again they nerf classes when they should be buffing others, and in general just mucked everything up.

> > >

> > > I don't know what their aim was with confusion, but at this point, might as well rename it, because it has nothing to do with the intent of the condition (which after it's second iteration was to punish you for spamming skills).

> > > I still need to check it in-game but it seems to me that quickness uptime will suffer because they over-did it with replacing it with alacrity. So it will be likely that a Firebrand will be required to fill in the mesmer's down-time.

> > >

> > > For scourge they took the laziest path, and just nerfed everything instead of adding counter-play mechanics to shades... Now not only do we have a 1/2 second cast time, they also increased all cool-downs by 2 seconds, what's worse, most of the nerfs are not split, which means PvE scourge which wasn't in the best place, is only worse now...

> > >

> > > Ah well, it's official, Arena Net can't handle balance. At least lets hope they don't make us live with their mistakes for another 3 months.

> >

> > These are good changes. Adding counterplay does not solve the overall strength of the spec. Having some counterplay does not instantly mean that a 2-4 boons corrupt + other 3 conditions and perma cripple are not overpowered.

> >

> > For people like you, it would be fine to add a 100k damaging ability that ignored downstate, as long as it had counterplay, right? No, that's not how it works. Hold this L, and be glad that using scourge no longer puts you on the same level than a post-op lobotomy patient. Rejoice! Now you can actually say that you _outplayed_ someone as scourge, while as of 2 hours ago, that term simply was impossible to combine with "scourge" in the same sentence because some sort of universal force prevented it from happening.

>

> So in your mind, making a class useless in other game modes, because people couldn't be bothered to play Ranger and kill it by using their brains was a good thing?

> You know what's sad? They could have made PvP with scourge about strategy, and could have made playing vs scourge the same kind of thing. But they went the fast and easy route, and people like you, that never seen proper balance in a game, will never enjoy that.

> Luckly i get my main pvp fix from games that know how to do balance, so that doesn't concern me so much.

>

Bro , the problem with scourges was, that it had almost no counters, except very heavy hitting ranged classes. They were great at 1v1 and group fights, only downside being mobility and lack of "immunities" aka blocks

Well as far as i red the patch notes ... .

- I dont think that Revenant returns in PvP

- Buff to thiefs caused by additional alacrity on globe ( which is huge ... 2x uses when skilled)

- Why buff to Warrior GS-dmg ? It was already very strong

- I am suprised about the amount of changes to mesmer

- Changes to necro would not address the weakness of Reaper or Core ... they should have changed the other Bloodmagic traits too.

> @"Duzik.9137" said:

> Ahahah , ele still in the same spot as before, oh wait, not rly , it got worse. Bread and butter skill actually got nerfed which is riptide. Skills that were not used, won't be used, why? Cause they are badly designed. Cast time too long, must face target or any other thing that is slapped on them. Sword buffs are irrelevant, but riptide nerf is significant sustain reduction. How can you even imagine to nerf ele i dont get it

Riptide nearly did not got any nerf. Riptide is great for 3 reason :

- Evade 1.75s

- Water Field 4s to blast

- Regen Boon to clean condition.

The amount of heal was anyway very low, it won't change anything. It was 600 before, its now 450 with mender amulet. Nearly nothing. The heal from blast is around 1500, way bigger.

Sword DPS increase is nice but Sword reamins really hard to hit with come skills, have to hugs opponent... Thats the real problem now.

> @"Duzik.9137" said:

> > > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > The balance was unimaginative, and heavy handed.

> > > > Again they nerf classes when they should be buffing others, and in general just mucked everything up.

> > > >

> > > > I don't know what their aim was with confusion, but at this point, might as well rename it, because it has nothing to do with the intent of the condition (which after it's second iteration was to punish you for spamming skills).

> > > > I still need to check it in-game but it seems to me that quickness uptime will suffer because they over-did it with replacing it with alacrity. So it will be likely that a Firebrand will be required to fill in the mesmer's down-time.

> > > >

> > > > For scourge they took the laziest path, and just nerfed everything instead of adding counter-play mechanics to shades... Now not only do we have a 1/2 second cast time, they also increased all cool-downs by 2 seconds, what's worse, most of the nerfs are not split, which means PvE scourge which wasn't in the best place, is only worse now...

> > > >

> > > > Ah well, it's official, Arena Net can't handle balance. At least lets hope they don't make us live with their mistakes for another 3 months.

> > >

> > > These are good changes. Adding counterplay does not solve the overall strength of the spec. Having some counterplay does not instantly mean that a 2-4 boons corrupt + other 3 conditions and perma cripple are not overpowered.

> > >

> > > For people like you, it would be fine to add a 100k damaging ability that ignored downstate, as long as it had counterplay, right? No, that's not how it works. Hold this L, and be glad that using scourge no longer puts you on the same level than a post-op lobotomy patient. Rejoice! Now you can actually say that you _outplayed_ someone as scourge, while as of 2 hours ago, that term simply was impossible to combine with "scourge" in the same sentence because some sort of universal force prevented it from happening.

> >

> > So in your mind, making a class useless in other game modes, because people couldn't be bothered to play Ranger and kill it by using their brains was a good thing?

> > You know what's sad? They could have made PvP with scourge about strategy, and could have made playing vs scourge the same kind of thing. But they went the fast and easy route, and people like you, that never seen proper balance in a game, will never enjoy that.

> > Luckly i get my main pvp fix from games that know how to do balance, so that doesn't concern me so much.

> >

> Bro , the problem with scourges was, that it had almost no counters, except very heavy hitting ranged classes. They were great at 1v1 and group fights, only downside being mobility and lack of "immunities" aka blocks

Yes, that's why i said they should have **added counters** instead of nerfing the classes in all game modes, not just the one it was overbearing. Those counters could have been easy to add, they already have the tech done for Renegade utilities.

Instead you still have no counters (well you have a half a second reaction window, good luck) and they just nerfed the damage. So the underlying issues, are still all there, and they just nerfed the numbers. Which is lazy and unimaginative.

> @"Lasiurus.4067" said:

> > @"Duzik.9137" said:

> > Ahahah , ele still in the same spot as before, oh wait, not rly , it got worse. Bread and butter skill actually got nerfed which is riptide. Skills that were not used, won't be used, why? Cause they are badly designed. Cast time too long, must face target or any other thing that is slapped on them. Sword buffs are irrelevant, but riptide nerf is significant sustain reduction. How can you even imagine to nerf ele i dont get it

>

> Riptide nearly did not got any nerf. Riptide is great for 3 reason :

>

> - Evade 1.75s

> - Water Field 4s to blast

> - Regen Boon to clean condition.

>

> The amount of heal was anyway very low, it won't change anything. It was 600 before, its now 450 with mender amulet. Nearly nothing. The heal from blast is around 1500, way bigger.

> Sword DPS increase is nice but Sword reamins really hard to hit with come skills, have to hugs opponent... Thats the real problem now.

Still a nerf , sword skills that got buffed , makes switching into water a little bit less painful , but cause of Riptide nerf its still poopy

> @"Lilyanna.9361" said:

> > @"vonhellsing.2819" said:

> > Nothing changes in 5 years out of game, again other class gone to trash in WvW with Ranger, TIef, Now NECRO. humpf!

>

> Necro needed to die. Period. Now you actually have to think.

Its amazing, Ranger is melee and don't use BOW, Necro now is healer kk JOKE ARENANET APRIL FOOLS in february. The most dangerous weapon in GW2 is MIMIMI! this kill classes in game.

> > @"Duzik.9137" said:

> > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > > The balance was unimaginative, and heavy handed.

> > > > > Again they nerf classes when they should be buffing others, and in general just mucked everything up.

> > > > >

> > > > > I don't know what their aim was with confusion, but at this point, might as well rename it, because it has nothing to do with the intent of the condition (which after it's second iteration was to punish you for spamming skills).

> > > > > I still need to check it in-game but it seems to me that quickness uptime will suffer because they over-did it with replacing it with alacrity. So it will be likely that a Firebrand will be required to fill in the mesmer's down-time.

> > > > >

> > > > > For scourge they took the laziest path, and just nerfed everything instead of adding counter-play mechanics to shades... Now not only do we have a 1/2 second cast time, they also increased all cool-downs by 2 seconds, what's worse, most of the nerfs are not split, which means PvE scourge which wasn't in the best place, is only worse now...

> > > > >

> > > > > Ah well, it's official, Arena Net can't handle balance. At least lets hope they don't make us live with their mistakes for another 3 months.

> > > >

> > > > These are good changes. Adding counterplay does not solve the overall strength of the spec. Having some counterplay does not instantly mean that a 2-4 boons corrupt + other 3 conditions and perma cripple are not overpowered.

> > > >

> > > > For people like you, it would be fine to add a 100k damaging ability that ignored downstate, as long as it had counterplay, right? No, that's not how it works. Hold this L, and be glad that using scourge no longer puts you on the same level than a post-op lobotomy patient. Rejoice! Now you can actually say that you _outplayed_ someone as scourge, while as of 2 hours ago, that term simply was impossible to combine with "scourge" in the same sentence because some sort of universal force prevented it from happening.

> > >

> > > So in your mind, making a class useless in other game modes, because people couldn't be bothered to play Ranger and kill it by using their brains was a good thing?

> > > You know what's sad? They could have made PvP with scourge about strategy, and could have made playing vs scourge the same kind of thing. But they went the fast and easy route, and people like you, that never seen proper balance in a game, will never enjoy that.

> > > Luckly i get my main pvp fix from games that know how to do balance, so that doesn't concern me so much.

> > >

> > Bro , the problem with scourges was, that it had almost no counters, except very heavy hitting ranged classes. They were great at 1v1 and group fights, only downside being mobility and lack of "immunities" aka blocks

>

> Yes, that's why i said they should have **added counters** instead of nerfing the classes in all game modes, not just the one it was overbearing. Those counters could have been easy to add, they already have the tech done for Renegade utilities.

> Instead you still have no counters (well you have a half a second reaction window, good luck) and they just nerfed the damage. So the underlying issues, are still all there, and they just nerfed the numbers. Which is lazy and unimaginative.

half a second window is plenty, only cause it's obvious when the skill is used, it even has sound, so you can evade based on sound as well. Scourge won't be that strong for sure, but I think it will find its play here and there. Even if it does not, it's still a plus. Plus if you add counter , that means you need to add a class that converts boons to conditions or cleanses conditions very well and it has to do decent dmg to actually kill scourge, you see where we are going?

* holosmith op damage not addressed -> overall even more buffed

* druid heal/bunker not addressed

* condi scourge seems to have no role anymore in pvp/wvw - even power blood sage scourge got nerfed

* firebrand nerf makes him second best support after druid now I guess

* thief, warrior dont see much difference

* mesmer to early to tell

* ele/weaver buffed - lets see if it is enough

druid/holosmith take over firebrand/scourge meta -> not sure if this is an improvement but pretty sure its not what ones considers balanced