WvW Patch notes Feb 6th 2018

XenesisII.1540

No nerf to condi in general and invulnerabilities. Warriors can still dance Kalinka in the middle of a zerg invulnerable for extended periods of time. My Support Chrono build relying on healing power got destroyed - phantasm no longer heal me which added a decent amount of healing over 3s (1k), having illusions summoned I gained +300 healing power. Same happened last time when they nerfed Deadeye to the ground. I completely lost the desire to play it so it ended up in the bin while it was the only reason I bought this expansion.

I'm gonna see whether I delete a class or the entire game next.

This company keeps disappointing because it is highly inconsistent in what they do and whenever they say they're going to balance something they just break one thing in favour of the other, so each time a new class is more viable than last time and everyone plays that, but no real fine tuning that is necessary, e.g. not making core specs more viable, which leads to a P2W factor where you have to buy the expansion to keep up.

Revenants........ as if their hammer damage in WvW wasn't OP already they got buffed more. Shows exactly that these people do not play their own game because they have no clue as to what to do to make things right. Absolutely none.

My patience with them is over.

> @"Badass.7492" said:

> > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > @"Zero.3871" said:

> > > they didnt buffed reaper, but many other classes get dmg increase so indirect nerf.

> > >

> > > like the last 100 Patches, bad patch for necros.

> >

> > November 7th patch notes

> >

> > Reaper Shroud: Increased life-force consumption rate from 3% per second to 5% per second.

> > Life Rend: Increased damage by 25%.

> > Life Slash: Increased damage by 30%.

> > Life Reap: Increased damage by 25%. Reduced life-force gain per hit from 2% to 1.5%.

> > Death's Charge: Increased damage by 25%.

> > Soul Spiral: Increased damage by 40%. Reduced poison duration from 4 seconds to 2 seconds. Reduced number of whirl finishers on this skill from 6 to 4.

> > Executioner's Scythe: Increased damage by 33% on targets above 50% health. Increased damage by 30% on targets below 50% health. Increased damage by 28% on targets below 25% health.

> > Fading Twilight: Increased damage by 8%.

> > Chilling Scythe: Increased damage by 21%.

> >

> > you were saying?

>

>

> They forgot to mention that the 50% damage reduction that the shroud had on Reaper and Vanilla for 3 years with noone ever complaining about it and the Necro was balanced around for several years was just removed.

> Making it nearly impossible to play especially the Reaper in bigscale (in this case more than 10 players) since you need to get in melee to apply the damage without having any block, blink or invul that could help you survive.

>

??? Where is your support for this

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > @"kitten.7492" said:

> > They forgot to mention that the 50% damage reduction that the shroud had on Reaper and Vanilla for 3 years with noone ever complaining about it and the Necro was balanced around for several years was just removed.

>

> eh? what 50% dmg reduct

entering shroud was like an additional half of your total health (depending on traits of course). many necros used shroud as a defense, since we have no blocks/invuns/ports/stealth/etc. With the added death shroud decay + the added power creep from other classes, 1-2 hits from these one-shot wonders will wipe out my entire LF, and thats if I'm standing there not even attacking. And don't get me started on the SoS nerf awhile back.

The glacial pace that these balances are released, and the fact that they are so mediocre really has me losing interest fast. You wait 2-3 months for a change, and when that change occurs, your worst than you were previously. I'm just waiting for the miracle patch that makes the necro damage himself for 10k when they enter shroud, then lose another 5k when they exit shroud.

> @"mulzi.8273" said:

> > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > @"kitten.7492" said:

> > > They forgot to mention that the 50% damage reduction that the shroud had on Reaper and Vanilla for 3 years with noone ever complaining about it and the Necro was balanced around for several years was just removed.

> >

> > eh? what 50% dmg reduct

>

> entering shroud was like an additional half of your total health (depending on traits of course). many necros used shroud as a defense, since we have no blocks/invuns/ports/stealth/etc. With the added death shroud decay + the added power creep from other classes, 1-2 hits from these one-shot wonders will wipe out my entire LF, and thats if I'm standing there not even attacking. And don't get me started on the SoS nerf awhile back.

>

> The glacial pace that these balances are released, and the fact that they are so mediocre really has me losing interest fast. You wait 2-3 months for a change, and when that change occurs, your worst than you were previously. I'm just waiting for the miracle patch that makes the necro damage himself for 10k when they enter shroud, then lose another 5k when they exit shroud.

Nothing about shroud has changed in that regard. You still gain an additional *69%* base (more than an additional half), depending on how full your life force bar is, and the 50% direct damage reduction is still there as well...Where are you getting your information from?

> @"Dangus.6572" said:

> Thief got nothing. I wonder should I be sad or in euphoria.

Considering their stealth, mobility, and their one shot skills are still intact, plus buffs to pve side of things, I'd say be euphoric?

Most other classes were getting buffs and nerfs, even to stuff that didn't need it or rather I should say are useless.

> @"soistheman.7208" said:

> > @"Sarrs.4831" said:

> > >Celebration Boosters and Birthday Boosters now grant a 10% bonus to WvW reward-track progress.

> >

> > most important change, legit so happy they did this

>

> This is a bad news because I have been using these boosters thinking they affect reward-track... I guess I have been wasting.

At least they still gave bonus WXP?