Can barely get to 8-9k on dps golem.

TastyTofu.3597

> @"Shayd.9648" said:

> > @"Mevaris.5970" said:

> > No need to panic. At the moment I can maintain 28.5k dps on golem. Pro tip: use staff clones :)

>

> Is that for condi or power? I’m assuming condi?

Condi mirage. There is no way you can maintain that much without perma phantasms via power.

> @"Mevaris.5970" said:

> > @"Shayd.9648" said:

> > > @"Mevaris.5970" said:

> > > No need to panic. At the moment I can maintain 28.5k dps on golem. Pro tip: use staff clones :)

> >

> > Is that for condi or power? I’m assuming condi?

>

> Condi mirage. There is no way you can maintain that much without perma phantasms via power.

Good to know. Did you change up traits or skills at all for what was meta pre-patch outside of swapping to staff?

> @"Mevaris.5970" said:

> > @"atlashugged.7642" said:

> > Should have tried playing instead of moaning.

> >

> >

>

> Wow. You proved me wrong. Nice job :)

I'm not trying to prove you wrong. My post was more directed at op and those like him.

Unlike him, you actually seem to be trying to adjust rather than demand that anet adjust the entire game to keep you from having to learn a new build/rotation.

> @"Shayd.9648" said:

> > @"Mevaris.5970" said:

> > > @"Shayd.9648" said:

> > > > @"Mevaris.5970" said:

> > > > No need to panic. At the moment I can maintain 28.5k dps on golem. Pro tip: use staff clones :)

> > >

> > > Is that for condi or power? I’m assuming condi?

> >

> > Condi mirage. There is no way you can maintain that much without perma phantasms via power.

>

> Good to know. Did you change up traits or skills at all for what was meta pre-patch outside of swapping to staff?

Dueling Chaos Mirage. Axe+ torch / Staff. The point is to spawn 3 staff clones asap and don't overwrite them with axe clones. You have to spam all your manipulation skill while on staff. Only use torch phantasm when you are about to switch back to staff.

> @"atlashugged.7642" said:

> Should have tried playing instead of moaning.

>

>

So we have a power dps build that is actually usable and some people are saying they have got similar numbers on a condie staff build meaning my dream of Staff being good is finally real.

This patch is fucking amazing.

> @"TastyTofu.3597" said:

> I did more damage by just having phantasms out pre-patch.

- Add buffs to yourself. search up a raid site and visit their benchmarks page to see the realistic/appropriate buffs to add.

- Add 25vul on the golem, and other condis if needed.

- Don't stop attacking it after hitting it once, your dps will be recorded over the entire time that golem is alive from the first hit you do to it.

- visit my latest creation if you need a build

Confusion definitely feels undertuned in PvE. That said, I'm in favor of shifting its damage to on-attack rather than passive.

Conditions need a rework. Bleed and Burn do the exact same thing. Poison also does the same thing in PvE where enemies do not heal. Torment is the only condition which is slightly unique.

With a proper Confusion rework, they can make it something that you use skillfully at the right time when you know your enemy is going to be attacking a lot, rather than something you ramp up over battle. It should not be spammed off cool-down. Confusion should be used skillfully, something on the side from your bleed and torment to achieve a dps increase if used at the right time.

ANET, we need to talk about *Purity of Purpose*. Confusion is the very essence of what a Mesmer should be: Punishing an enemy for their actions. It is one of the only unique conditions in that regard, and I want you to do it justice, damnit!