spvp /wvw roam after patch

EUmad.7645

Its pretty hard to tell since they totally broke WvW last I checked (everyone dc every 5m) but what little time I was in... the build I currently run for roaming bruiser is considerably more potent with double mind wrack and quickness on every phantasm replacing fairly useless traits.

Condi mesmers was already dead in WvW, power has ruled the field for months imo. Not that they dont exist, they are just pointless one-trick ponies thats only good for dealing with single foes that bring zero cleanses.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> Its pretty hard to tell since they totally broke WvW last I checked (everyone dc every 5m) but what little time I was in... the build I currently run for roaming bruiser is considerably more potent with double mind wrack and quickness on every phantasm replacing fairly useless traits.

>

> Condi mesmers was already dead in WvW, power has ruled the field for months imo. Not that they dont exist, they are just pointless one-trick ponies thats only good for dealing with single foes that bring zero cleanses.

Power mesmer with illusion line for double F1 ? it is not a waste to take a line for a single trait ?

I can't speak to pvp. In wvw, I had been using condition chronomancer for roaming. It was awesome specifically because it was good in outnumbered fights. This is the last video I did with a few fights to illustrate.

I did a tiny bit of testing today, and this same build still functions. It has higher total burning burst (two prestiges and four phantasmal mage hits if everything goes right with continuum shift and chronophantasma), but there's many fewer illusions to shatter, the change to disenchanter really hurts because it was a huge value before, and the cooldowns feel much longer. So my guess it is a lot less survivable.

Needs much more testing...

> @"EUmad.7645" said:

> > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > Its pretty hard to tell since they totally broke WvW last I checked (everyone dc every 5m) but what little time I was in... the build I currently run for roaming bruiser is considerably more potent with double mind wrack and quickness on every phantasm replacing fairly useless traits.

> >

> > Condi mesmers was already dead in WvW, power has ruled the field for months imo. Not that they dont exist, they are just pointless one-trick ponies thats only good for dealing with single foes that bring zero cleanses.

>

> Power mesmer with illusion line for double F1 ? it is not a waste to take a line for a single trait ?

There is lots of good stuff in illusions now for Power shatter. They even mentioned the quickness trait.

> @"Levetty.1279" said:

> > @"EUmad.7645" said:

> > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > Its pretty hard to tell since they totally broke WvW last I checked (everyone dc every 5m) but what little time I was in... the build I currently run for roaming bruiser is considerably more potent with double mind wrack and quickness on every phantasm replacing fairly useless traits.

> > >

> > > Condi mesmers was already dead in WvW, power has ruled the field for months imo. Not that they dont exist, they are just pointless one-trick ponies thats only good for dealing with single foes that bring zero cleanses.

> >

> > Power mesmer with illusion line for double F1 ? it is not a waste to take a line for a single trait ?

>

> There is lots of good stuff in illusions now for Power shatter. They even mentioned the quickness trait.

Plus I run scepter/sword/greatsword.

So far no problems roaming wvw on my hybrid mesmer.

In fact I'm liking the new iMage - amazing for aoe bursts in groups, and the new iWarlock is also solid. Hell even the 2s occasional alacrity on Signet of Inspiration is cool. People spam skills all the time in wvw so confusion is still good from my point of view. Sure in a pvp match or duel vs better opponents then yeah I would change things up a bit to increase burst direct damage output among other things, but otherwise all feels good.

I got on tonight roamed a bit and didn’t have any trouble. Well I did have trouble with a condi mirage FB duo but I was able to retreat without issue. I kept coming across a berserker FB duo and with them it got to the point they would go the other way I also ran across a holo FB duo and was able to beat them. Now that I think about it... I saw a lot of FB....

Tomorrow I’ll try using a different build but I’m liking the Chrono build I have atm.

> @"Jace al Thor.6745" said:

> I got on tonight roamed a bit and didn’t have any trouble. Well I did have trouble with a condi mirage FB duo but I was able to retreat without issue. I kept coming across a berserker FB duo and with them it got to the point they would go the other way I also ran across a holo FB duo and was able to beat them. Now that I think about it... I saw a lot of FB....

> Tomorrow I’ll try using a different build but I’m liking the Chrono build I have atm.

It is kind of hard to judge since opponents always change. I met more shatter mirages than usual yesterday but also always met them outmanned (its a german PPT server, what can I say? If we win 10v20, they bring 40) so it was very hard to judge individual performance. But I really cant tell that much of a difference. FB still tanky as kitten, scourge still condi bomb like theres no tomorrow, sb still do zerker damage while being near immortal, druids still pewpew at range, thieves still +1 gank like its life and of course mesmer still shatter spike. The only thing I was unimpressed by was enemy eles, but then again maybe they where just plain bad (they where). My performance is roughly the same now as last week against the opponents I have met. Really liking the new quickness trait though.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"Jace al Thor.6745" said:

> > I got on tonight roamed a bit and didn’t have any trouble. Well I did have trouble with a condi mirage FB duo but I was able to retreat without issue. I kept coming across a berserker FB duo and with them it got to the point they would go the other way I also ran across a holo FB duo and was able to beat them. Now that I think about it... I saw a lot of FB....

> > Tomorrow I’ll try using a different build but I’m liking the Chrono build I have atm.

> It is kind of hard to judge since opponents always change. I met more shatter mirages than usual yesterday but also always met them outmanned (its a german PPT server, what can I say? If we win 10v20, they bring 40) so it was very hard to judge individual performance. But I really cant tell that much of a difference. FB still tanky as kitten, scourge still condi bomb like theres no tomorrow, sb still do zerker damage while being near immortal, druids still pewpew at range, thieves still +1 gank like its life and of course mesmer still shatter spike. The only thing I was unimpressed by was enemy eles, but then again maybe they where just plain bad (they where). My performance is roughly the same now as last week against the opponents I have met. Really liking the new quickness trait though.

I agree it is hard to tell. However, in my build I can tell a difference just in the ability to maintain 20-25 might stacks throughout a fight. Again my fights were mainly 1v2 with the occasional add to help them or myself. I never had to use signet of illusions for shatter recharge, just let it tick. But I also never ran across a scourge(or necro in general) which would have been a counter as I’m boon heavy.

> @"eldenbri.1059" said:

> I can't speak to pvp. In wvw, I had been using condition chronomancer for roaming. It was awesome specifically because it was good in outnumbered fights. This is the last video I did with a few fights to illustrate.

>

>

> I did a tiny bit of testing today, and this same build still functions. It has higher total burning burst (two prestiges and four phantasmal mage hits if everything goes right with continuum shift and chronophantasma), but there's many fewer illusions to shatter, the change to disenchanter really hurts because it was a huge value before, and the cooldowns feel much longer. So my guess it is a lot less survivable.

>

> Needs much more testing...

thumbs up for the video and the music loved it

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

The only thing I was unimpressed by was enemy eles, but then again maybe they where just plain bad (they where). My performance is roughly the same now as last week against the opponents I have met. Really liking the new quickness trait though.

Weaver saw a HUGE nerf to sustain with the HUGE hit to the healing on Riptide, the POINTLESS buff to healing on Water sword 3 makes no difference as its SO hard to land. The overall damage buffs were FAR from the level needed to bring Sword to the levels of damage others have.