Shade skill changes

Capicorp.1537

I understand the need for these changes, but some of these go way too far and impacts survivability in all game modes.

"Scourge: Added a 0.5-second warning to enemy players on each shade and on the player when activating a shade skill."

* 0.5 seconds is too long a cast delay. I can no longer instantly defend myself from an attack AND if I am moving and do not have Sand Savant traited, F2 and F3 will miss because I will no longer be in the shade area. For a profession that already has low mobility, it is extremely frustrating that I can't effectively use the defensive shade skills while moving because of this change.

"Nefarious Favor: Reduced the number of conditions converted to boons from 2 to 1 in all game modes. Increased the cooldown of this skill from 8 seconds to 10 seconds in WvW and PvP."

* This shade skill was a strong support skill for all scourge specs regardless of game mode. It may have been too good in PvP and WvW, but why change this skill in PvE? This change combined with the change above makes it very difficult to cleanse conditions on myself and my allies during condition heavy PvE encounters. If you want scourge to be a "heavy support spec" why do you keep making it harder for scourges to do so and then don't even buff the damage?

Please modify these changes. You may have changed these skills to reduce scourge offence in PvP/WvW, but these changes gut scourge defence and support.

Desert shroud is probably the one shade skill that needed the warning. F2 and F3 already have long cooldowns in PvP and WvW, manifest sand shade barely does any damage, and they already nerfed the boon conversion on F2 this patch, which makes these changes mind boggling.

Scourge is awful to play now anywhere you go.

And F3 for barrier is even worse... you see an enemy casting some skill and you're expecting some damage. So you press F3 to gett some barrier. The damage comes in and then with that nice 0.5s delay your barrier. Great work. NOT.

F2 with only ONE condition cleared and boon converted is useless. So you just have F4 and F5 left. Wow...

> @"Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046" said:

> > @"Mikeskies.1536" said:

> > At the very least, defensive components of the skills should be instant and the damage components delayed.

>

> This.

No not this. Then every other freaking class would also need this. Like a stealt power mesmer that wants to oneshot you. Now does a loud "pling" when he casts his skills. So every fcking idiot is able to dodge.

Thats what they did to necro

At this point just change f1 to desert shroud make it and upgraded version of core necro and rework/throw all the skills into the 1-5 bar.

Make it so that when you trait for punishment skills you can use them in shroud but not other types of skills (corruption, spectral, etc)

your final grandmaster traits make them work with how you want to play around/within your shroud

1 changes the effective size of your aoe.

1 reduces the aoe effective size but makes the skills more potent

feed from corruption stays as it is.

Remove the support functionality as no stats fit what you need to make scourge work properly as a support and there are supporters that are way more effective at doing the job.

All the extra management people put into scourge and the cost of the profession skills are not worth the result.

Should have just given us a new shroud from the start and skipped over this no shroud business. It was a good idea to try it after everyone kept asking for it but now we know it does not work so can we go back to the usual. You are forced to play glassy with no defensive tools for laughable damage where as other professions have these tools are not as glassy and deal far superior damage. The concept looked good on paper and anet really wanted to please all those cries for a spec without a shroud because shroud was to blame for everything but le rip.

This is the conversation i had in my head after the made the first bug fixes now its going through again after finally people are starting to abandon the spec. XD

I know alot of you out there really like scourge for its flavor and playstyle but I personally cant say I do. Till i see great changes it scourge's mechanics and play style ill continue to consider it a flop.

the delay is terrible for everything on necro, i can;t cleanes fear quick enough to dodge before i'm knocked down or react to anything, how do you precast on the longer CD with the LF cost and everything else.

I can;t cleanse people in raids or fractals any more because of this. Terrible terrible mechanic. please fix anet, f2 through f4 should be insta cast, like i donno ALL MESMER SKILLS ALREADY ARE!!!!

It honestly feels so clunky, I always feel like I'm lagging which makes playing Scourge feel gross now. I already get like 290 ping, more does not feel good at all. Isn't barrier supposed to be a way to preemptively block damage? Are we meant to not only predict damage from tells, but also predict the tells as well? That's not even possible.

A fast cc bar is coming up? Too bad I missed the CC because the f4 fear is delayed.

Changing something as big as this shouldn't be the first option. Could have at least just skill split so PvE didn't get hit by the 0.5 second delay and that nefarious favor nerf. This kinda goes against all of the core gw2 values like "joy of movement", pre-patch scourge felt very smooth and flowy, I'm getting the opposite of joy playing scourge now. The delay affects more than just the shade skills, it affects the whole flow and movement of battle, and it's so confusing and clunky when your weapon and utility skill effects are instant but your shroud skills aren't.

Please skill split, I assure you no one will care about "clarity between game modes" for this change. It was a good duct tape fix for wvw and pvp but extremely unnecessary in PvE and makes me not wanna play scourge anymore. I know that's a big overreaction but it just felt so good before.

Also idk if it's the delay doing this somehow but my damage feels lower in fractals now too, like around a 25% decrease from pre-patch. I'm playing exactly the same as how I was before, chrono + druid buffs too, food, pots etc.

EDIT: nvm i updated arcdps and my dps is similar to pre-patch

That patch was the last coffin nail for me, I was always a necro, and though I tested all the other classes I always returned to my necros. But as the core necro can't do anything now, the reaper is just a shadow of old glorious days and now the scourge is a gutted and unfunny class... Atm I do only my dailies and exit the game. No fun anymore.

And I won't wait for a next expansion (if there will be one), just to see the new necro get nerfed again to the ground and miles below. Just sad and frustrating.

That 0.5s delay just made gaming experience worse. I just upgraded my pc to eliminate lag in wvw and now Anet decides to give sand shades a 0.5s lag. It's almost impossible to be a support scourge when you're the only class that has artificial lag and the nerf to the condi removal makes the class useless as support.