has Vampiric Presence been buffed?

bunnyblender.8954

Vampiric Presence: The power contribution from the necromancer to the damage portion of this trait has been increased by about 1,200%. The healing-power contribution from the necromancer has been increased by about 560%. The functionality of this trait has been modified and currently increases its effectiveness by 100% when in shroud. This effect now has a 0.5-second cooldown.

I have been testing this and i'm wondering if it has been updated in the live system because it looks like the life syphon healing is still running off the old coefficient. If I understand the notes correctly the healing contribution has been increased by 560% but i'm not seeing a significant increase in the game? has anyone else tested this?

in pve blood magic was as good as soul reaping for a power reaper. atleast in a group.

in most other scenarios you are right yes.

at this rate we might get a "good enough" by 2021... still assuming (since PoF release) there is more to come and certain changes are just the beginning of a change towards "more in-line with other professions" by creating more/easy adjustable mechanics without breaking e.g. sustain in pvp.

Well life siphon is a bothersome mechanism that can quickly be out of controle in anet's view. I'd say that at this point it's pretty awesome to see how much they try to keep badly designed mechanisms like that in the game. After all it's not like the feedback from players have ever been positive on their life siphon but they still keep up with it.

The necromancer's support is lacking due to the reliance on life siphon which is underperforming due to it's low numbers and the fact that you need to proactively hit your foe to benefit from the effect. Dark field are plague and have been the least desired fields due to the fact that all they do is allowing to siphon life. Even runes and sigils that apply a life siphon are forsaken in favor of more common effects. And this have been the case for 5 long years with always the same feedback from the playerbase. The tradeoff is huge and the benefit is way to low to be worth it.

Back in vanilla game, the necromancer was also avoided in PvE because nobody wanted dark fields to cover the precious fire and water fields. Nowadays, the issue lie in the life siphon which is even worse than a single burn tick.

_Vampiric presence_ wasn't buffed. It was clumsily tweeked like a lot of other things. The result is that the necromancer once again lost a bit of it's survivability and still stay in oblivion when it come to support.

Granted anet's history in doing things, the trait will now stay like this for at least 2 to 3 years. It was insignifiant before and remain insignifiant now but we can't say that they did nothing.

> @"Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046" said:

> [PvP] This does nothing of significance tbh.

> power reaper in bloodline is silly.

>

> support, bunker, healing scourge may be something to use it with.

>

How do u want to bunker, if you cant cleanse any conditions?

And if you take all these condition transfers or removes, you will die a horrible death due to power builds

> [PvP] This does nothing of significance tbh.

> power reaper in bloodline is silly.

>

> support, bunker, healing scourge may be something to use it with.

>

What exactly heals on scourge? With scourge you have some access to skills that eat dmg and these skills are not well scalable for team fights where you get nuked with huge spikes. You also need to predict dmg to avoid it using barrier, which is now even more difficult due to the added casting delay.

So again, how is scourge in any way a healing spec? It offers no heal. It's a support spec, that after the nerf can't cleanse condis all that well or at least no longer cleanse them well without relying on rng through the plague signet, that has a clunky way too shield people for a few seconds, that needs to constantly attack and kill stuff to be even able to get that support out, that has no mobility, evades, blocks, invulnerabilites, no stability or anything else that would stand out.

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > @"Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046" said:

> > [PvP] This does nothing of significance tbh.

> > power reaper in bloodline is silly.

> >

> > support, bunker, healing scourge may be something to use it with.

> >

>

> How do u want to bunker, if you cant cleanse any conditions?

> And if you take all these condition transfers or removes, you will die a horrible death due to power builds

2 sigils that cleanse, convert, transfer.

magi or mender ammy

1-1-1 on scourge line or play around with corruption traits and gear whatever you prefer and gets you that full bar of life force.

Play pure defensive with transfers, cleanse on shade and full barrier use spectral traits and utilities.

Not using shade utilities.

axe/ -

dagger/ -

Cast everything on yourself, only work on enemy with channelling skills.

Heal trough channelling dagger , CC, barrier, heal on condition traits.

Top of my head.

used to play it and stopped because I became lonely at mid.

> > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > @"Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046" said:

> > > [PvP] This does nothing of significance tbh.

> > > power reaper in bloodline is silly.

> > >

> > > support, bunker, healing scourge may be something to use it with.

> > >

> >

> > How do u want to bunker, if you cant cleanse any conditions?

> > And if you take all these condition transfers or removes, you will die a horrible death due to power builds

>

> 2 sigils that cleanse, convert, transfer.

> magi or mender ammy

> 1-1-1 on scourge line or play around with corruption traits and gear whatever you prefer and gets you that full bar of life force.

> Play pure defensive with transfers, cleanse on shade and full barrier use spectral traits and utilities.

> Not using shade utilities.

>

> axe/ -

> dagger/ -

>

> Cast everything on yourself, only work on enemy with channelling skills.

> Heal trough channelling dagger , CC, barrier, heal on condition traits.

>

> Top of my head.

> used to play it and stopped because I became lonely at mid.

Yeah great. And still everyone will kill you in no time. Good thing we discussed that...

> @"bunnyblender.8954" said:

> Vampiric Presence: The power contribution from the necromancer to the damage portion of this trait has been increased by about 1,200%. The healing-power contribution from the necromancer has been increased by about 560%. The functionality of this trait has been modified and currently increases its effectiveness by 100% when in shroud. This effect now has a 0.5-second cooldown.

>

> I have been testing this and i'm wondering if it has been updated in the live system because it looks like the life syphon healing is still running off the old coefficient. If I understand the notes correctly the healing contribution has been increased by 560% but i'm not seeing a significant increase in the game? has anyone else tested this?

I honestly got to test the new vamp aura yesterday night and i can say that its not worth it. Considering that your other blood magic traits are not exactly worth wild to start with taking up blood magic over , spite, curses, soul reaping, or reaper, possibly even scourge just for vamp aura is just a bad idea. I tested this with several builds and none of them screamed at me that it was better than its previous version. While I think the numbers are where they should be per tick the .5 second cool down limiter ruins the potential. This could have been a very strong and viable trait for necro sustain but nope. Better off just trying to kill your foe before they kill you.

I would honestly prefer life from death over this new vampiric aura. Especially if you really wanna run blood magic with reaper or something to that nature.

At 2827 power (full zerker/scholar/spite sig/18 +5 infusions) new VP does 126 damage whilst old VP did about 32 damage. So against a single target you'd need to be hitting it 8 times a second for the old VP to do more damage - and this doesn't include Shroud hits. Against multiple targets is another matter however.

Not impressed with this change. Biggest problem for necro has been always that your hp buffer just does not help against burst damage, which is usually what kills you regardless of what you play. This vampiric stuff just does very little difference, in most cases it's better to do more (bursty) dmg to kill opponent faster when his invuln window is off. Not saying this traitline is totally trash but uh.. less useful still.

Nah, I would just improve the numbers and make the ICD apply to every target instead of one similar to chilling victory. No icd just means it will favor fast strikes when reaper itself has slow attacks in general. It would be fair for everyone instead of favoring one side.

Of course there is also the option of turning it percent based and without the ICD. It should be worse than EA in damage like Drarnor said but also have some sort of noticeable sustain. Too lazy to actually number crunch what it should be though.