Normal destroyer wings when?

Ayakaru.6583

Since my main is destroyer themed, I have long since asked for a destroyer backpack. You can't imagine my happiness when I heard you released destroyer wings.

And then for some weird reason I cannot begin to comprehend, you decided to make it green. GREEN destroyer wings.

Now I get this weird trope of the vinetouched destroyers, but.. why the backpack too?

Since you had no trouble releasing a second set of feathered (black and white) I've still been holding hope you would one day come to your senses and

release a set of normal, fire-red, destroyer wings.

For now I can do nothing but keep on praying to primordus for you to actually do it.. but just keep in mind, I'll gladly ditch out the 700 gems a second times (or however expensive they were last time)

> @"MithranArkanere.8957" said:

> I'd rather have dye channels being added for back items. Starting with a few, giving dye channels to more of them over time.

While that's on the wishlist of everyone, we know we'll never get them, because anet would have to remove every single back item from the game, and replace them.

They already said they're not gonna do that. and I think from their point of view it is easiest to just make 2-3 popular colours of every backpack where it makes sense.

(have you seen how many backpacks already exist?)

Well, many other features like mounts were not going to happen until they happened. And it isn't like they have to do all at once for all backs. It could be done over time, starting with the ones that have a corresponding dyable glider, since the dye channels are already made for them. It'd be an additional sales point for gemstore back&glider combos.

> @"MithranArkanere.8957" said:

> Well, many other features like mounts were not going to happen until they happened. And it isn't like they have to do all at once for all backs. It could be done over time, starting with the ones that have a corresponding dyable glider, since the dye channels are already made for them. It'd be an additional sales point for gemstore back&glider combos.

Yes, they would essentially have to do them all at once, as the entire system they're built on would have toa be remade andin all back items redone on the new system.

Yes, there's a ton of spagetti code (back items are coded as some strange mixture of item and effect, iirc). Yes, we can say that some early choices on hard-coding things were bad moves (though that's debatable) but however we slice it, from what devs have told us, dyeable back items and dyeable weapons will not realistically happen.