Mirage Invul Evade Stomp

Yeah but on the other hand mirage lacks cc and other classes have lots of it. Not all clases csn have everything the same as others.

Thiefs can invisi stomp with no problems all the time yet they rarely do it. In my experience mirages also rarely do it.

I main mesmer but in pvp I rarely play it as other classes like scourge or firebrand need no skill or focus to win, at least in gold.

It absolutely doesn't matter what skills or invulns other professions have or what their cooldowns are or what color armor they're wearing or anything else this turned into. The bottom line is that dodging cancels channels on EVERY single other profession in the game and even the other two mesmer specs. That seems fair and intended. If Mirage is supposed to be the one traitline in the game to cast this aside, then that's a great 'feature' that the devs brought in (even if it was never hinted at in a single way).

> @"Tman.6349" said:

> It absolutely doesn't matter what skills or invulns other professions have or what their cooldowns are or what color armor they're wearing or anything else this turned into. The bottom line is that dodging cancels channels on EVERY single other profession in the game and even the other two mesmer specs. That seems fair and intended. If Mirage is supposed to be the one traitline in the game to cast this aside, then that's a great 'feature' that the devs brought in (even if it was never hinted at in a single way).

But that was exactly the point of "not having a regular dodge", or else it would be a downgrade. Any reasonable player would assume that much.

> @"Airdive.2613" said:

> > @"Tman.6349" said:

> > It absolutely doesn't matter what skills or invulns other professions have or what their cooldowns are or what color armor they're wearing or anything else this turned into. The bottom line is that dodging cancels channels on EVERY single other profession in the game and even the other two mesmer specs. That seems fair and intended. If Mirage is supposed to be the one traitline in the game to cast this aside, then that's a great 'feature' that the devs brought in (even if it was never hinted at in a single way).

>

> But that was exactly the point of "not having a regular dodge", or else it would be a downgrade. Any reasonable player would assume that much.

Oh so it was meant to undermine game mechanics? That was never made clear or even talked about. Would love a dev answer on that one.

> @"plushiesoda.8150" said:

> > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > @"plushiesoda.8150" said:

> > > > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > > > @"plushiesoda.8150" said:

> > > > > > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > > > > > @"Mist.6217" said:

> > > > > > > Vs say using something that provides stability? or popping an invulnerable skill right before stomping? No other case can do either of those? Complaining about nothing just to complain is really silly...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Do those have like 5s cooldown?

> > > > >

> > > > > do Mirage has access to 5sec invul or enough sustain to resist 3 hits after being CC ed?

> > > >

> > > > What class has 5 sec invul? Does power thief, ele or engi have enough sustain to resist 3 hits after being CCed?

> > > >

> > > > Mirage, like other classes, got the immune stomp through distorsion. Immunities last from 3 to 4 seconds usually, mesmer's fits there. Evade stomp is just the icing on top, something that other classes on similar footing lack.

> > > >

> > > > Your bias is showing.

> > >

> > > I don't even use mirage in pvp, too squishy to hold a point so not my play-style.

> > >

> > > Engineer has double elixir and more than enough stealth to cover a complete stomp, what kind of thief needs to stomp? if you ever see one doing that, please report him/her for match manipulation also... outside of team-fights, you cannot CC a good daredevil, a good weaver has more than enough sustain (something that mirage lacks) and can also pop up mist for it. On top of that unlike thief, engineer or weaver... or most power builds for what it matters, Mirage ain't a good elite to finish off downed people.

> > >

> > > Compare it to spellbreaker, druid or firebrand. Unless you're a rev or a necro Elusive mind is the smallest thing on a list of problems when dealing with a (even bad) Mirage at that kind of scenario.

> > >

> > > Noobtip: Distortion lasts for 1sec and elusive mind has an internal cooldown, you cannot cover the whole cast with evades.

> >

> > Sigh...

> >

> > First, not every weaver is a tank.

> >

> > Second, Engi elixir is on 48s cd. You cannot double elixir at will.

> >

> > Third, elusive mind has no cooldown. What are you even talking about?

> >

> > Lastly, distortion does _not_ last 1 second when used properly, that alone told me volumes about the kind of player that you are so I'll avoid replying anymore.

> >

>

> first, there´s a huge difference between having sustain and being a tank

>

> second, keyword here is at will

>

> third i was talking from the dodge roll perspective

>

> lastly distortion last 1 second regardless of how you use it, yes! you can chain it but even burning all your distortion sources you won´t be able to cover the whole stomp WITH DISTORTION ALONE

>

> that´s why I say EM/distortion are the smallest things on a list of problems when dealing with a (even bad) Mirage at that kind of scenario.

>

> people can be so quick to judge ¨sigh¨

I don't think you know how distortion really works. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Distortion

> @"GenerationX.9178" said:

> I don't know if people noticed it but I saw mirage use the evade to safe stomp. No other class and evade while stomping....the dodge on mirage is already really strong but also being about to use it while stomping making it impossible to interrupt.

Doesnt dd have a skill that ccs a downed followed by an incredibly fast stomp?

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Vasdamas Anklast.1607" said:

> > > @"Airdive.2613" said:

> > > Well, and daredevil can finish people with his elite skill. Go figure.

> > Daredevil has to equip that elite though. And mesmer get it all for free because you know...Queen Jennah is OP.

>

> Well mesmer has to equip mirage

I wish mesmer also had to equip distortion.

This is nothing compared to sevenshot... -_-

This is one of those things that just doesn't make any sense, like scourge design. At least they found a way to balance scourge, I hope they do something to fix mirage. (It wouldn't take much either imo, but it's tricky because the whole spec is build around ambushes, which trigger through dodges and mirrors)

> @"Kas.3509" said:

> Yeah but on the other hand mirage lacks cc and other classes have lots of it. Not all clases csn have everything the same as others.

> Thiefs can invisi stomp with no problems all the time yet they rarely do it. In my experience mirages also rarely do it.

> I main mesmer but in pvp I rarely play it as other classes like scourge or firebrand need no skill or focus to win, at least in gold.

Lacks CC LOL