Worst class in the game right now?

Nimon.7840

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Scar.1793" said:

> Power Rev and Necro, deep in the depths of Oblivion.

You say that, but they're pretty op in Fractal though...

(Very good cc/ aoe/ condi spam, very bulky, cheese through most encounters)

Even the power one is super good in fractal.

You don't need to be the highest dps to be good yknow..

As for PVP/ WVW, you have scourge still dominating in those areas..

So how the heck is Necro bad? Just because they're not top tier in raid, which is like 5% of the game content?

> @"Aomine.5012" said:

> > @"Scar.1793" said:

> > Power Rev and Necro, deep in the depths of Oblivion.

>

> You say that, but they're pretty op in Fractal though...

> (Very good cc/ aoe/ condi spam, very bulky, cheese through most encounters)

> Even the power one is super good in fractal.

> You don't need to be the highest dps to be good yknow..

>

> As for PVP/ WVW, you have scourge still dominating in those areas..

>

> So how the heck is Necro bad? Just because they're not top tier in raid, which is like 5% of the game content?

That's not it.

Power reaper is pretty bad. I never met a good power reaper in fraktals. Most of them die quickly, do. No dmg and almost zero cc because they would have to fck up their rotation, which will drop their DPS a whole lot.

As for necro in a whole. It is still bad. Sure scourge is used a lot in wvw and PvP. And even on 4 raid encounters it's good.

But.

Build diversity is missing completely. In all 3 gamemodes you are forced to play condi-scourge.

Sure you can measure around with power reaper in PvP. But I don't think this will work good in higher tiers than I am in right now. If that still works, PvP people don't seem to be good players to me.

And in wvw a lot of people playing celestial. We'll it's still a lot of Condi dmg.

But let's take the downvoted rev:

-condirenegade is still very good in pve

-healrev is very good in pve

-powerrev is pretty good in PvP and wvw roaming and zerging

- healrev can be played in wvw as well

Necro?:

-condiscourge for pve

-condiscourge for PvP (with a little bit of reaper)

-condiscourge for wvw

-No solo roaming possible, because necro needs a babysitter

This thread wasn't all about, how much scourge is used. Consider gameplay (boring or challenging) and builddiversity

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > @"Aomine.5012" said:

> > > @"Scar.1793" said:

> > > Power Rev and Necro, deep in the depths of Oblivion.

> >

> > You say that, but they're pretty op in Fractal though...

> > (Very good cc/ aoe/ condi spam, very bulky, cheese through most encounters)

> > Even the power one is super good in fractal.

> > You don't need to be the highest dps to be good yknow..

> >

> > As for PVP/ WVW, you have scourge still dominating in those areas..

> >

> > So how the heck is Necro bad? Just because they're not top tier in raid, which is like 5% of the game content?

>

> That's not it.

> Power reaper is pretty bad. I never met a good power reaper in fraktals. Most of them die quickly, do. No dmg and almost zero cc because they would have to kitten up their rotation, which will drop their DPS a whole lot.

>

> As for necro in a whole. It is still bad. Sure scourge is used a lot in wvw and PvP. And even on 4 raid encounters it's good.

>

> But.

>

> Build diversity is missing completely. In all 3 gamemodes you are forced to play condi-scourge.

> Sure you can measure around with power reaper in PvP. But I don't think this will work good in higher tiers than I am in right now. If that still works, PvP people don't seem to be good players to me.

>

> And in wvw a lot of people playing celestial. We'll it's still a lot of Condi dmg.

>

> But let's take the downvoted rev:

> -condirenegade is still very good in pve

Depends on the group and who is willing to take you, since other classes do much better with less effort.\

> -healrev is very good in pve

Heal rev is no where near Druid good in PvE. Dont believe me? Go in the raid lobby and ask to be the healer with a heal rev

> -powerrev is pretty good in PvP and wvw roaming and zerging

Powerrev is OK at roaming but unlike other classes is completely shut down by EVERY CONDI ROAMER EVER, because Rev. Why roam on a rev if you get ganked by condi theif or condi mirage, or condi soulbeast/druid ? Those make up the majority of what I see now in most roaming scenerios

> - healrev can be played in wvw as well

Firebrand- No organized zerg is going to want a heal rev when a firebrand does the job better.

Honestly, Necro is in a good spot as far as viability goes, and the desire for the class in all gamemodes is pretty fair.. Yes reaper could use a buff or two. But it is not so far shifted out of EVERY meta like Rev has been.

Also I voted mesmer for the LOL's

Edit: Also, taking into consideration someones subjective view of a classes gameplay does not offer a real valid benchmark on how the class is doing. Thus people will more likely turn to time played or for most pvp and raid scenario's how often the class is used vs others.

> @"Solori.6025" said:

> > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > @"Aomine.5012" said:

> > > > @"Scar.1793" said:

> > > > Power Rev and Necro, deep in the depths of Oblivion.

> > >

> > > You say that, but they're pretty op in Fractal though...

> > > (Very good cc/ aoe/ condi spam, very bulky, cheese through most encounters)

> > > Even the power one is super good in fractal.

> > > You don't need to be the highest dps to be good yknow..

> > >

> > > As for PVP/ WVW, you have scourge still dominating in those areas..

> > >

> > > So how the heck is Necro bad? Just because they're not top tier in raid, which is like 5% of the game content?

> >

> > That's not it.

> > Power reaper is pretty bad. I never met a good power reaper in fraktals. Most of them die quickly, do. No dmg and almost zero cc because they would have to kitten up their rotation, which will drop their DPS a whole lot.

> >

> > As for necro in a whole. It is still bad. Sure scourge is used a lot in wvw and PvP. And even on 4 raid encounters it's good.

> >

> > But.

> >

> > Build diversity is missing completely. In all 3 gamemodes you are forced to play condi-scourge.

> > Sure you can measure around with power reaper in PvP. But I don't think this will work good in higher tiers than I am in right now. If that still works, PvP people don't seem to be good players to me.

> >

> > And in wvw a lot of people playing celestial. We'll it's still a lot of Condi dmg.

> >

> > But let's take the downvoted rev:

> > -condirenegade is still very good in pve

> Depends on the group and who is willing to take you, since other classes do much better with less effort.\

> > -healrev is very good in pve

> Heal rev is no where near Druid good in PvE. Dont believe me? Go in the raid lobby and ask to be the healer with a heal rev

Because people have no brain. 1 druid can give all the buffs he needs to give. Why take 2 of them? As a pure healer, druid doesn't stand a chance against rev and tempest in terms of healing output.

> > -powerrev is pretty good in PvP and wvw roaming and zerging

> Powerrev is OK at roaming but unlike other classes is completely shut down by EVERY CONDI ROAMER EVER, because Rev. Why roam on a rev if you get ganked by condi theif or condi mirage, or condi soulbeast/druid ? Those make up the majority of what I see now in most roaming scenerios

There are almost zero Condi roamers right now. It's all warrior, guard, ranger, thief, mesmer. Maybe some holosmiths. But only like 10% or less Condi roamers.

> > - healrev can be played in wvw as well

> Firebrand- No organized zerg is going to want a heal rev when a firebrand does the job better.

Problem with firebrand is, that it gives more boons.

>

> Honestly, Necro is in a good spot as far as viability goes, and the desire for the class in all gamemodes is pretty fair.. Yes reaper could use a buff or two. But it is not so far shifted out of EVERY meta like Rev has been.

>

> Also I voted mesmer for the LOL's

Yeah. First I was thinking about voting mesmer as well. Because it's way too good in all gamemodes

>

> Edit: Also, taking into consideration someones subjective view of a classes gameplay does not offer a real valid benchmark on how the class is doing. Thus people will more likely turn to time played or for most pvp and raid scenario's how often the class is used vs others.

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > @"Solori.6025" said:

> > > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > > @"Aomine.5012" said:

> > > > > @"Scar.1793" said:

> > > > > Power Rev and Necro, deep in the depths of Oblivion.

> > > >

> > > > You say that, but they're pretty op in Fractal though...

> > > > (Very good cc/ aoe/ condi spam, very bulky, cheese through most encounters)

> > > > Even the power one is super good in fractal.

> > > > You don't need to be the highest dps to be good yknow..

> > > >

> > > > As for PVP/ WVW, you have scourge still dominating in those areas..

> > > >

> > > > So how the heck is Necro bad? Just because they're not top tier in raid, which is like 5% of the game content?

> > >

> > > That's not it.

> > > Power reaper is pretty bad. I never met a good power reaper in fraktals. Most of them die quickly, do. No dmg and almost zero cc because they would have to kitten up their rotation, which will drop their DPS a whole lot.

> > >

> > > As for necro in a whole. It is still bad. Sure scourge is used a lot in wvw and PvP. And even on 4 raid encounters it's good.

> > >

> > > But.

> > >

> > > Build diversity is missing completely. In all 3 gamemodes you are forced to play condi-scourge.

> > > Sure you can measure around with power reaper in PvP. But I don't think this will work good in higher tiers than I am in right now. If that still works, PvP people don't seem to be good players to me.

> > >

> > > And in wvw a lot of people playing celestial. We'll it's still a lot of Condi dmg.

> > >

> > > But let's take the downvoted rev:

> > > -condirenegade is still very good in pve

> > Depends on the group and who is willing to take you, since other classes do much better with less effort.\

> > > -healrev is very good in pve

> > Heal rev is no where near Druid good in PvE. Dont believe me? Go in the raid lobby and ask to be the healer with a heal rev

>

> Because people have no brain. 1 druid can give all the buffs he needs to give. Why take 2 of them? As a pure healer, druid doesn't stand a chance against rev and tempest in terms of healing output.

>

Rev has the highest output, but it is too limiting, druid offers more. Which is why towards the original point. Until Rev can offer a group what a druid does.

It is not in a good spot. It is outshined and overlooked when in comparison with a druid. Which is why I challenged you to go into the raid lobby, and find a group that will take a healing Rev over Druid.

> > > -powerrev is pretty good in PvP and wvw roaming and zerging

> > Powerrev is OK at roaming but unlike other classes is completely shut down by EVERY CONDI ROAMER EVER, because Rev. Why roam on a rev if you get ganked by condi theif or condi mirage, or condi soulbeast/druid ? Those make up the majority of what I see now in most roaming scenerios

>

> There are almost zero Condi roamers right now. It's all warrior, guard, ranger, thief, mesmer. Maybe some holosmiths. But only like 10% or less Condi roamers.

>

I don't know what server you are in, but in NA prime I mainly see burn guardians- condi mirage- condi theif- and spellbreaker, followed by a firebrand support/condi scourge duo ( this combo is cancerous)

> > > - healrev can be played in wvw as well

> > Firebrand- No organized zerg is going to want a heal rev when a firebrand does the job better.

>

> Problem with firebrand is, that it gives more boons.

> >

It also gives on demand water fields :D. But this is also why I pointed out the inaccuracies on your part. No organized group is going to want a heal rev over a firebrand, for evidence of this we can turn to the last GvG tournament and note how often you see a healing rev vs firebrand.

Edit:

Would like to add Holo/spellbreaker duo roaming. I hate it. I hate it so much T_T