New Sylvari here :)

remo.6487

Hello all, I just recently decided to settle into this game and call it my 2nd home. I fell in love with GW2 pretty quickly and went to get HoT to upgrade to full account.

Currently level 15 and enjoying myself very much as a thief - a lot to learn and a lot to do :) Just wanted to drop and say and I hope to get on with you guys online sometimes

Cya around.

Welcome to the game! :)

If you have any questions please feel free to ask, either on this forum or in-game. Most people are pretty friendly and helpful, although it can be tricky to give a full answer to complicated questions in map chat. The Wiki is also a pretty good resource, it's written by players and has a lot of useful information: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Main_Page

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> Welcome to the game! :)

>

> If you have any questions please feel free to ask, either on this forum or in-game. Most people are pretty friendly and helpful, although it can be tricky to give a full answer to complicated questions in map chat. The Wiki is also a pretty good resource, it's written by players and has a lot of useful information: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Main_Page

Asking things in map chat can sometimes result in... let's say less than friendly responses, unfortunately. Sometimes someone will respond "/wiki". In case you didn't know already, that refers to an actual chat command. "/wiki " (without the quotation marks) in chat, followed by a topic, will open a new page in your browser with the wiki page pertaining to the topic. Very convenient.

Welcome! I hope you will enjoy your stay! A piece of advice I would like to give is to not rush the leveling and exploration with your first character (with hopefully many more to follow). Take your time and don't be afraid to take the long way around; you never know what you may find.

> @"Dashiva.6149" said:

> Welcome! I hope you will enjoy your stay! A piece of advice I would like to give is to not rush the leveling and exploration with your first character (with hopefully many more to follow). Take your time and don't be afraid to take the long way around; you never know what you may find.

Thanks! I am doing just that - Frankly I don't like all the level 80 boosters and the rushing to end game content... I really love taking things slow, specially considering I've never really played before.. Besides that I really like to concentrate on the story development - which for me is something very special when it comes to MMORPGs.. So I usually find myself speaking to many NPC's aside from questing just to get more information about the zone/lore/useless information that the NPC give ya ;)

Anyways, Thank you all guys for the warm welcome, I did manage to find myself a friendly small guild which I hope to put to good use when I'll have questions. So far the learning curve [though kinda steep] is the best and most rewarding I've seen in an MMO [And I have played WoW haha] - Always learning new skill and weapons combo is such a nice feature :)

Cya all Online

> @"remo.6487" said:

> Hello all, I just recently decided to settle into this game and call it my 2nd home. I fell in love with GW2 pretty quickly and went to get HoT to upgrade to full account.

> Currently level 15 and enjoying myself very much as a thief - a lot to learn and a lot to do :) Just wanted to drop and say and I hope to get on with you guys online sometimes

>

> Cya around.

Hi! Welcome to GW2! You didn't ask for any advice, so I won't bother you with any. But if you run into any problems or questions, feel free to hit me up in game. Always happy to help a new player out!