How do you feel about the World Restructuring Idea.

Xykris.6758

Original discussion forum: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/26547/world-restructuring#latest

As I'm sure a lot of you all know, Anet is currently considering making some changes to WvW in the form of Alliances. (For more information, see original forum)

While having a discussion forum is a great way to answer some questions and concerns, I can't help but wonder why they are not just using the poll system to just see how many players actually want this. They say that they may or may not implement this and that if they do, it wouldn't be for quite some time. This poll is simply being made to help simplify the ratio of For vs Against. Granted, this poll is more so going to represent the thoughts on what we currently know and therefore may change in the future as more info becomes available.

**This poll is anonymous** simply to avoid any players from being harassed about their answers and to also hopefully allow those that have an opinion that aren't really the vocal type, to weigh-in. :)

Feel free to continue discussing here if you so choose however it is probably best that if you have any concerns to go to the original thread where some of the Anet devs seem to be more responsive.

> @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> Don't really care if the moment to moment game play isn't fixed.

This.

Won't matter how much you shuffle people around, if the quality of game play continues to degrade it won't matter.

--------------------------------

Also if people haven't noticed, in the last year there hasn't been any big bandwagons and stacking going on, in fact a lot of the top servers have gone down to more mid tier status, TC MAG JQ, YB DB previous to that. SoS got one of their old retired blob guilds back and another retired one more recently, the only real problem is BG that's basically left from the old era, but that problem is contained in tier one at the moment. Hell they were so far ahead in this weeks score they stopped playing from yesterday. While the new system is a reset button, I am concerned that the system will restart the stack wars again through alliances, although that should be a brief time since servers reset every 8 weeks anyways.

Gonna miss Mag /t, and not super-excited about having to join a guild/alliance for access to coms instead of having server TS(not that Mag uses coms all that much, but it's nice to have on occasion). That said, the population imbalance has been a herd of elephants in the room for a long time, and I'm thrilled it's finally being addressed. As an added bonus, there seems to be much NaCl from BG about the restructuring, so that alone makes me smile. :tongue:

Main thing I'll miss is my server and the community within it. I transferred to Fort Aspenwood from IOJ back in Jan of 2013 and stayed here ever since. Best furry server in Tyria thanks to my heavy recruiting and my slogan "You can't spell Fur Affinity without FA!" lol Hopefully the change in WvW will be positive for all.

I think it's a long overdue change. But ANET could still screw it up. They have to keep focused on the priorities which are to have competitive matches while still making sure that people can play with their friends.

It's a tough balancing act, some players will try to exploit the new system's weaknesses. If transfers are too easy after the system goes live then we will fall back into the same problems we have now.

> @"Kagusaki.3176" said:

> Main thing I'll miss is my server and the community within it. I transferred to Fort Aspenwood from IOJ back in Jan of 2013 and stayed here ever since. Best furry server in Tyria thanks to my heavy recruiting and my slogan "You can't spell Fur Affinity without FA!" lol Hopefully the change in WvW will be positive for all.

Agree with the community sentiment. I've been a player on Northern Shiverpeaks since launch and have never had a reason to consider leaving my server as i've met a lot of great people and had many fun times here with them. The server linking's that brought us together with other servers also brought some less than hospitable allies at time so while I'm interested in the proposed changes, I don't like the idea of losing this friendly community I've been with for years now. Not to mention I'm not fond of the idea of encountering some of the trolls and tryhards that have thus far been contained on other servers, but I suppose we'll see who falls where and at least with alliances we can attempt to stick together.

> @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> > Don't really care if the moment to moment game play isn't fixed.

>

> This.

> Won't matter how much you shuffle people around, if the quality of game play continues to degrade it won't matter.

>

> --------------------------------

> Also if people haven't noticed, in the last year there hasn't been any big bandwagons and stacking going on, in fact a lot of the top servers have gone down to more mid tier status, TC MAG JQ, YB DB previous to that. SoS got one of their old retired blob guilds back and another retired one more recently, the only real problem is BG that's basically left from the old era, but that problem is contained in tier one at the moment. Hell they were so far ahead in this weeks score they stopped playing from yesterday. While the new system is a reset button, I am concerned that the system will restart the stack wars again through alliances, although that should be a brief time since servers reset every 8 weeks anyways.

>

Well, with alliance numbers being capped I think that stacking will be a lot more difficult. Each new season will see a regrouping of people into the newly generated worlds and each world balanced as close to equal numbers, and skill sets where possible so they say, as possible. So it seems to me that the stacking like BG experienced "back in the day" simply won't really be an issue. Looking forward to seeing how this all works though! :)

well as roamer im gonna miss my server i guess well not the server but my servers community/teamspeak.

im not gonna end up in ally cus no1 cares about roamers at the end the blob does the big things i (we roamers) do the little things that no1 notice.

so ye im just gonna be pushed even harder into solo play if u ask me.

> @"reddie.5861" said:

> well as roamer im gonna miss my server i guess well not the server but my servers community/teamspeak.

> im not gonna end up in ally cus no1 cares about roamers at the end the blob does the big things i (we roamers) do the little things that no1 notice.

> so ye im just gonna be pushed even harder into solo play if u ask me.

I appreciate roamers a lot though I recognize it is harder to show thanks to them as their contributions aren't shown for the whole map to see. Doing things like scouting, flipping enemy camps, tapping objectives, and picking off stragglers or those trying to regroup with their zerg do add up over time though and can help the server in a lot of generally unnoticed ways.

> @"reddie.5861" said:

> well as roamer im gonna miss my server i guess well not the server but my servers community/teamspeak.

> im not gonna end up in ally cus no1 cares about roamers at the end the blob does the big things i (we roamers) do the little things that no1 notice.

We have a guild on SF that was donated as a roamers paradise. Right now we're trying to pull together misfits and any guild less from our own server, but we may turn back to the roaming aspect when this shakes. I suspect many other servers have similar roaming guilds in place, now is the time to start asking about it though. Even if you only end up with 5 people in a guild that's 4 more than you may know on a strange server full of strange names.

> @"reddie.5861" said:

Hey no reason the teamspeaks have to disappear. They can be renamed, or just used asis by the owners. Whoever these people are can offer the given TS up for use by whatever world they're connected with and so on... or not :) Up to them of course.

> @"reddie.5861" said:

Yes, shares the same concern to be recruited with "I'm a roamer". Worse come to worse to be thrown into a random world with match making. If the new community suits me, I'll probably ask for an invite if it's possible.

Wow this got busy fast lol.

> @"reddie.5861" said:

I know what you mean. I am from the Northern Shiverpeaks server and am also a roamer. I usually play solo though because other games (mainly WoW) have turned me off of guilds seeing as there always seems to be drama. Due to that, I have avoided joining guilds in general and seeing this change, I have mixed feelings. On one hand, I'm glad that my friends and I will be able to play in WvW together, however I'm not to keen on the idea of joining a guild. I also feel like it may become more difficult roam depending on where I end up. :/

> @"SweetPotato.7456" said:

> I am amazed at the result of this poll, when I suggested this idea, most everyone that read the thread was against it lol, glad it is happening!

>

> Yes, it is going to be a bit harder for the roamers, as am I a roamer. but the idea is for over all health of the wvw game play.

To be honest I am amazed also given what I've read in the main thread.