Thief down state - worst of them all

emblack.3754

> @"Tails.9372" said:

> Let's see:

>

> Trail of Knives: best AoE P/P has to offer, works well with Signet of Agony if multiple targets are present

>

> Shadow Escape: quite useful, no complaints here

>

> Smoke Bomb: takes to long to be available and the stealth is too short to be useful

>

> One skill could use some improvements but overall it's actually one of the better downstates.

While smoke bomb relatively weak, it has saved me more than a few times in WvW where it delayed a stomp long enough for me to get a rally off an enemy player that was downed. That said I think it can warrant an extension to the time stealthed of 2 seconds.

> @"emblack.3754" said:

> Well it's not that our down state is that bad, it's that the other professions have it way better. I'm still stunned by how effective the necro drain is, and don't get me started on the ranger pet heal...

Thief i would say has the best in terms of delaying a finish. Ele is likely second, if its near a tower or keep and they are close enough to it then they would likely be first. Most of the others can easily be countered really. Mesmer i would say isnt as good due to the terrible random design of it, how many times you get put right next to where you were :/ Lol

I don't think thief down is that bad as a thief main. Condi thief has insane damage on its downed attack, and if you're power you should try invigorating precision. Under the right conditions your downed 1 will heal you faster than the bleedout does damage, I've actually healed myself out of downed state from invigorating precision alone and that's with marauder gear, not zerker.

I guess the overall point you're trying to make is true - a 1v1 against necro or ranger in downstate is basically a guaranteed loss for thief usually. But don't forget you can LOS with your downed 2, that allows for some interesting downed exchanges even against necro. Overall I think theif downstate is fine, just ranger and necro are too powerful.

Mesmer has arguably the worst downstate - their only downed state gimmick is made pointless by the fact that the clone appears first and the actual player has a symbol above their head. That being said, their downed state phantasm HURTS.

I don't think the game should be balanced around downed states though.

I guess there was no ranger on your team to deal with the Scourge? Of course not.. why play them, they are useless right..

Anyway, I'm almost certain that necro has a higher hp pool in the downed state meaning, there is no way you (or any other class) will win a downed state fight vs a necro. I could be wrong though, but I believe they do have a higher hp pool in downed state.

> @"DeadlySynz.3471" said:

> I guess there was no ranger on your team to deal with the Scourge? Of course not.. why play them, they are useless right..

>

> Anyway, I'm almost certain that necro has a higher hp pool in the downed state meaning, there is no way you (or any other class) will win a downed state fight vs a necro. I could be wrong though, but I believe they do have a higher hp pool in downed state.

I actually won a downed state fight against a necro once. I had my thieves guild buddies up and they were bashing him hard.