Rework of reaper-shroud2

Arzurag.7506

Why not reworking shroud2 so that it becomes a throwable scythe that travels 1200meters into a chosen direction, then it can ricochete back dealing the same damage it did before in a line. Furthermore, you can reactivate the ability again to teleport yourself to the current position of the scythe, making it a reliable engage/disengage-tool. In addition you can move while the scythe flies.

This rework-idea is inspired by the warframe nezha, who has such ability.

example minute 0:37

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ3rb3uHnss

> @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> Because it doesn't need a rework?

> Could it be buffed? Sure. Swap projectile block for evade, speed up the cast time or increase the range. But I don't see the need for a rework, which would take time and effort to achieve basically what it does already (a gap closer ability).

Yeah I'm going concur with the "doesn't need a rework." Just because you could rework something does not mean that you should.

Although I wouldn't say no to RS2 granting superspeed when it ends or it being a full block instead of just a projectile destruct.

I just recently stumbled over nezha and his abilities in warframe and happened to read a thread about giving necromancer more mobility, so I thought I post a way to give necro, ergo, reaper better mobility without band-aid like additional movementspeed or superspeed.

But I have to admit I did not think it through, necro needs more mobility, but probably better not tied to shroud or reaper in general.

> @"Arzurag.7506" said:

> I just recently stumbled over nezha and his abilities in warframe and happened to read a thread about giving necromancer more mobility, so I thought I post a way to give necro, ergo, reaper better mobility without band-aid like additional movementspeed or superspeed.

> But I have to admit I did not think it through, necro needs more mobility, but probably better not tied to shroud or reaper in general.

In that you are right!

> @"NecroSummonsMors.7816" said:

> What Lahmia suggested is good, maybe would be appropriate a dmg reduce just to compensate for the buffs.

Compensation?

Compensation?

We are literally unplayable in both pvp modes right now. We do not need any buff "compensated" for. The fact that Anet keeps "compensating" for our buffs is the entire reason we are in such a bad spot right now.

> @"Crinn.7864" said:

>

> Compensation?

>

> Compensation?

>

> We are literally unplayable in both pvp modes right now. We do not need any buff "compensated" for. The fact that Anet keeps "compensating" for our buffs is the entire reason we are in such a bad spot right now.

>

>

To be honest you've a point, I'm just so used to buff and nerf to compensate, it just got in my mind. I want to play reaper again and feel rewarded so I would go for overbuffe everything, but anet seems to not be able to fix it. Then i think about mesmer with tons of evade, teleports and burst dmg...That's what not compensating for buffs create. A fking perma evade monster that in competent hands is almost unbeatable

necro is the weakest class in the game. if they continue buffing and nerfing it at the same time (and the same thing) they will not improve the place of this class in the game.

"lets buff the weakest class but add ICDs so the class doesn't get powerful or even meaningful but hey we made changes look at our balance!!"

meanwhile mesmer got 2398472398 buffs allowing 34k+ dps

meanwhile warrior got 23978233234 buff allowing 34k+ dps

all without any compensation

I still use Reaper on my Necros because I don't personally like the Scourge spec changes.. and I have to disagree here.

Reaper 2 is one of my most useful skills.. considering how trashy the Necro is countering knockbacks and launches thanks to almost no stability which doesn't bother me to much since I personally find stability to be utterly useless these days anyway thanks to most newer enemies having like a billion spammy CC attacks..

Back to the point though.. when I get hit with these attacks and thrown around.. which I do.. all the time.. that Shroud 2 dash becomes incredibly useful for jumping straight back into the fight.

I wouldn't change Shroud 2 at all.. the only reaper shroud skill i'd change is 3.. because it's puny stability effect is absolutely useless.. better it just be an instant fear shout or AoE stun to help break defiance bars rather than a timed stability buff that you can pop into an Aoe fear.