Do you think arenet should compensate hot players?

BadSanta.6527

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"jbrother.1340" said:

> > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > > @"BadSanta.6527" said:

> > > So hot xpac is live for 2 years and yet non full of legendary set is out . Do you think arenet should compensate those who buy hot or at least the pre order ones who show their trust at arenet ?

> >

> > It's to late, no amount of compensation can repair Anets reputation now, they are a company that has broken their promises and I will never trust again, they could compensate me with a legendary and I would still see them in that light.

>

> What promises have they made you? How have they broken them?

>

> Words are pretty easy just to string together and make accusations. Do you have facts of what was promised that they broke? I am not being sarcastic I really am curious if there is proof of this?

So tell me, what are the 16 gen two legendary weapons that Anet said they would give us. It's been nearly 2.5 years since HoT came out. You don't think that's an unreasonable amount of time?

> @"BadSanta.6527" said:

> So hot xpac is live for 2 years and yet non full of legendary set is out . Do you think arenet should compensate those who buy hot or at least the pre order ones who show their trust at arenet ?

TLDR: answer to your question - no.

Firstly, there has been an incredible amount of content provided in both expansions, I would disagree that ANet failed to deliver. Regardless of personal opinions of critics who claim it to be too easy or overly challenging, the content was there, as forecast.

Secondly, the promised continued development of legendary weapons is still in progress. We have recently seen the introduction of the leg focus and it would seem more are scheduled to follow, ANet have not hinted they will stop production so no broken promises there.

> @"DarcShriek.5829" said:

> > @"jbrother.1340" said:

> > > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > > > @"BadSanta.6527" said:

> > > > So hot xpac is live for 2 years and yet non full of legendary set is out . Do you think arenet should compensate those who buy hot or at least the pre order ones who show their trust at arenet ?

> > >

> > > It's to late, no amount of compensation can repair Anets reputation now, they are a company that has broken their promises and I will never trust again, they could compensate me with a legendary and I would still see them in that light.

> >

> > What promises have they made you? How have they broken them?

> >

> > Words are pretty easy just to string together and make accusations. Do you have facts of what was promised that they broke? I am not being sarcastic I really am curious if there is proof of this?

>

> So tell me, what are the 16 gen two legendary weapons that Anet said they would give us. It's been nearly 2.5 years since HoT came out. You don't think that's an unreasonable amount of time?

I think they did not give you a time frame and you made an assumption based on what you think of time and unreasonable. I at this point would think they have a different definition of that than you do.

I am not saying it is or is not reasonable only that you are not in control other than of your own time. I would suggest not spending it here if the wait is chapping you.

It is your choice after all what to do with that precious time you cannot get back ever.

> So tell me, what are the 16 gen two legendary weapons that Anet said they would give us. It's been nearly 2.5 years since HoT came out. You don't think that's an unreasonable amount of time?

It's a long time. It's much, much longer than anything that I expected from a plain reading of their original comments about HoT. But "unreasonable"? No.

First, the original plan was to include a massive scavenger hunt for each weapon. That sounds like a lot of fun (and when things are going well, it is for a lot of folks), but in practice, there were issues due to previously-unremarkable events that suddenly became potential points-of-failure and needed to be spruced up, fixed, and/or overhauled. Further, it turned out that releasing more than a few legendaries at the same time has a much, much bigger impact on the economy than anyone expected. Third, it turned out that all the cool effects we love so much (including the ones that some of us hate for being too overblown **and** the ones that are more subtle) are much trickier to implement without noticeable issues.

There are two obvious responses when circumstances turn out to be different from expected: continue with the original plan or completely reevaluate the plan and change it to suit the circumstances. ANet chose the latter. That, my friend, seems more reasonable than releasing all the Gen2 legendaries on a schedule that would have been more convenient to us (and more in accord with our original expectations).

tl;dr the 2.5 year delay seems, in retrospect, more reasonable than rushing to fulfill the old plan, just because it was the old plan.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"DarcShriek.5829" said:

> > So tell me, what are the 16 gen two legendary weapons that Anet said they would give us. It's been nearly 2.5 years since HoT came out. You don't think that's an unreasonable amount of time?

>

> It's a long time. It's much, much longer than anything that I expected from a plain reading of their original comments about HoT. But "unreasonable"? No.

>

> First, the original plan was to include a massive scavenger hunt for each weapon. That sounds like a lot of fun (and when things are going well, it is for a lot of folks), but in practice, there were issues due to previously-unremarkable events that suddenly became potential points-of-failure and needed to be spruced up, fixed, and/or overhauled. Further, it turned out that releasing more than a few legendaries at the same time has a much, much bigger impact on the economy than anyone expected. Third, it turned out that all the cool effects we love so much (including the ones that some of us hate for being too overblown **and** the ones that are more subtle) are much trickier to implement without noticeable issues.

>

> There are two obvious responses when circumstances turn out to be different from expected: continue with the original plan or completely reevaluate the plan and change it to suit the circumstances. ANet chose the latter. That, my friend, seems more reasonable than releasing all the Gen2 legendaries on a schedule that would have been more convenient to us (and more in accord with our original expectations).

>

> tl;dr the 2.5 year delay seems, in retrospect, more reasonable than rushing to fulfill the old plan, just because it was the old plan.

First off, you can't blame the delays on the artwork. The only reason given for the delay was the difficulty in the original journey concept. That was the reason mo gave for the delay, not the artwork. If the artwork was the problem, Mo would have said so. He only mentioned that the journey was the problem.

Second, yes 2.5 years is too long. Even with Mo's explanation. Entire games are made in less time. There's no excuse other than they didn't feel it was worth the resources to keep their promise. On this issue, Anet didn't feel the customer deserved to be treated fairly by Anet. They've had time to release 7 chapters of the living world and a new expansion. You would think they'd have the time to release 16 weapons. Oh yeah, they already collected the money for that so Anet doesn't care.

> @"jbrother.1340" said:

> > > @"jbrother.1340" said:

> > > > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > > > > @"BadSanta.6527" said:

> > > > > So hot xpac is live for 2 years and yet non full of legendary set is out . Do you think arenet should compensate those who buy hot or at least the pre order ones who show their trust at arenet ?

> > > >

> > > > It's to late, no amount of compensation can repair Anets reputation now, they are a company that has broken their promises and I will never trust again, they could compensate me with a legendary and I would still see them in that light.

> > >

> > > What promises have they made you? How have they broken them?

> > >

> > > Words are pretty easy just to string together and make accusations. Do you have facts of what was promised that they broke? I am not being sarcastic I really am curious if there is proof of this?

> >

> > So tell me, what are the 16 gen two legendary weapons that Anet said they would give us. It's been nearly 2.5 years since HoT came out. You don't think that's an unreasonable amount of time?

>

> I think they did not give you a time frame and you made an assumption based on what you think of time and unreasonable. I at this point would think they have a different definition of that than you do.

>

> I am not saying it is or is not reasonable only that you are not in control other than of your own time. I would suggest not spending it here if the wait is chapping you.

>

> It is your choice after all what to do with that precious time you cannot get back ever.

How long is too long? At what point can a person say it's been too long? I say more than a year is too long. As a paying customer, it's my right to make that claim. It is up to the vendor to meet the client's expectation, it is not up to the client to meet the vendor's expectation. The vendor in this case has clearly not met my expectations on this matter. Do you think it's unreasonable to expect a product I paid for to be delivered in less than 2 years?

> > @"jbrother.1340" said:

> > > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > > > @"BadSanta.6527" said:

> > > > So hot xpac is live for 2 years and yet non full of legendary set is out . Do you think arenet should compensate those who buy hot or at least the pre order ones who show their trust at arenet ?

> > >

> > > It's to late, no amount of compensation can repair Anets reputation now, they are a company that has broken their promises and I will never trust again, they could compensate me with a legendary and I would still see them in that light.

> >

> > What promises have they made you? How have they broken them?

> >

> > Words are pretty easy just to string together and make accusations. Do you have facts of what was promised that they broke? I am not being sarcastic I really am curious if there is proof of this?

>

The gen2 legendary is themed with LW in mind, each weapon released is greatly related to the current chapter story development.

Take that into consideration, provides us a really good reason to stay with the story and create the eye catching one along the way. Thus gives these new shiny weapon a pretty good lore to begin with.

> @"Crossaber.8934" said:

> > > @"jbrother.1340" said:

> > > > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > > > > @"BadSanta.6527" said:

> > > > > So hot xpac is live for 2 years and yet non full of legendary set is out . Do you think arenet should compensate those who buy hot or at least the pre order ones who show their trust at arenet ?

> > > >

> > > > It's to late, no amount of compensation can repair Anets reputation now, they are a company that has broken their promises and I will never trust again, they could compensate me with a legendary and I would still see them in that light.

> > >

> > > What promises have they made you? How have they broken them?

> > >

> > > Words are pretty easy just to string together and make accusations. Do you have facts of what was promised that they broke? I am not being sarcastic I really am curious if there is proof of this?

> >

>

> The gen2 legendary is themed with LW in mind, each weapon released is greatly related to the current chapter story development.

>

> Take that into consideration, provides us a really good reason to stay with the story and create the eye catching one along the way. Thus gives these new shiny weapon a pretty good lore to begin with.

>

>

The question is "Is it reasonable to wait 2.5 years for something you've already paid for?" I assume your answer is yes. I want to sell you a car.

> @"Tentonhammr.7849" said:

> > @"Dreamy Lu.3865" said:

> > No for me too.

> > I may be wrong, but I cannot recall a firm statement from Anet that it would come as part of HoT content. So for me, no promise has been broken.

>

> Gen 2 legendaries were advertised as a primary feature of the expac. They failed to deliver on said feature because they implemented a ridiculous and unsustainable production model that some Team Lead should have vetoed from the get-go. They did break a promise. They're fixing it, but I consider it very broken.

>

> That said, no compensation is necessary. That's just silly entitlement mentality.

Have they released gen2 legendaries? If yes, then they broke no (presumed by individuals) promise as they are still bringing them out with no need to buy the next expac. If no then that presumed promise would have indeed been broken.

Count me as another no vote as it is a horrible idea to demand compensation for something that has been released and is still being released.

> > @"Crossaber.8934" said:

> > > @"DarcShriek.5829" said:

> > > > @"jbrother.1340" said:

> > > > > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > > > > > @"BadSanta.6527" said:

> > > > > > So hot xpac is live for 2 years and yet non full of legendary set is out . Do you think arenet should compensate those who buy hot or at least the pre order ones who show their trust at arenet ?

> > > > >

> > > > > It's to late, no amount of compensation can repair Anets reputation now, they are a company that has broken their promises and I will never trust again, they could compensate me with a legendary and I would still see them in that light.

> > > >

> > > > What promises have they made you? How have they broken them?

> > > >

> > > > Words are pretty easy just to string together and make accusations. Do you have facts of what was promised that they broke? I am not being sarcastic I really am curious if there is proof of this?

> > >

> > > So tell me, what are the 16 gen two legendary weapons that Anet said they would give us. It's been nearly 2.5 years since HoT came out. You don't think that's an unreasonable amount of time?

> >

> > The gen2 legendary is themed with LW in mind, each weapon released is greatly related to the current chapter story development.

> >

> > Take that into consideration, provides us a really good reason to stay with the story and create the eye catching one along the way. Thus gives these new shiny weapon a pretty good lore to begin with.

> >

> >

>

> The question is "Is it reasonable to wait 2.5 years for something you've already paid for?" I assume your answer is yes. I want to sell you a car.

The promise is they will keep rolling out gen2 legendary, which is they are still doing it.

Legendary is luxury items in game, i own 7 legendary items which already made me standing in the first 5% group in GW2 efficiency, while there are a whole bundle of players that got 0 legendary with 4k playtime.

What is good to use all resources to make luxury items for 10% of player base while many of the casual player is not even able to aquire one?

While we getting legendary weapon per chatper, we got a solid new map, story and mastery, these are actual contents than mare weapon skin. I rather see it more often.