Adry.7512

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"witcher.3197" said:

> > @"Galaa.8475" said:

> > > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > From a profit and competitive PvP standpoint, Blade and Soul are about even if not completely surpassing GW2 despite GW2 being advertised more (from my perspective).

> >

> > the lastest reports i've seen GW2 is out performing alot of the newer games in terms of active population. a few games beat it, ff14, and wow of course. but as far as blade and soul, revelation online and black desert, gw2 has more active population. the report was based on dec 2017 stats.

>

> Every game you listed is beating GW2 revenue-wise by a lot, so I wouldn't conclude that GW2 has a much bigger playerbase.

>

> And no, it's not the new WoW, not even close. GW2 expansions devolved TREMENDOUSLY, to the point where I would call them DLCs and not real expansions. WoW pumps out more endgame content in a random patch than GW2 does in an expansion.

>

> GW2 is also dropping the ball when it comes to anything other than open world PvE. The game is regressing a lot these days.

This quote captures GW2 current situation. I think GW2 open world took a major hit since PoF as well. It probably was GW2 strongest suit, back in the day. I think HoT was a step in the right direction, but needed major refining. PoF came in, did a 180. When the dust settled, everyone realized how hallow it really is compared to previous content. And we have been in this limbo since.

If GW2s is ever to grow or even maintain, it needs much more dedication from the dev and a publisher that willing to invest in it. I am not seeing much of either nowadays.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"KeoLegend.5132" said:

> > > @"Shaogin.2679" said:

> > > > @"KeoLegend.5132" said:

> > > > GW2 is the best MMO these days, period.

> > > > But the MMO genre is not on the spotlight anymore

> > >

> > > Well that is simply an opinion, one with no factual data at all that supports it.

> >

> > Best combat? GW2

> > Best quests? GW2

> > Less grind? GW2

> > More fun? GW2

> > Better graphics? GW2

> > Cheaper? GW2

> > More interesting classes? GW2

> > Best mounts? GW2

> > i could go on and on

>

> And all of these is your subjective opinion having no consequence for other players. WoW wins. Period. It has more players, it earns more money. We love GW2 here but let's not distort reality. Seriously. WoW losing half subs after WoD still had more subs than GW2 players.

I think the first mover advantage is still the reason WoW is significantly ahead of any other MMO. However, these comparisons are not very useful. GW2 is not going to be WoW killer. The only thing that will kill WoW is time.

GW2 was surely a successful game. However, it is getting old and to recapture its good times it is needs more work and money investment. It seems NCSOFT rather wants to milk the cow until it is dead, and Anet does not seem to care much either way.

> @"Polarfairy.8046" said:

> As a GW2 veteran with around 5000 hours I have to say no, WoW is still more popular, more widely known and generally just better developed. I still play WoW daily but GW2 ran out of regular daily content months ago, I only come back for the story.

WoW daily content is Mythic+, world quests and PvP. Not much else to do if u finished the expansion. World quests becomes a grind after doing a few.