Confused about the reasons for some things

darkkrus.7382

Hello, first let me explain my experience on guild wars 2, so you have a base of my knowledge. I have a toon of every class and every race. I am maxed out on all crafting except for scribe. I have complete ascended armor on two toons. Two of my toons have compleatly explored Tyria, and I am working on exploring the complete world map with one. All my toons are level 80 with gold gear or above. I have done all storied several time and multiple toons. And I have a gryphin (I love my gryphin, his name is Bob).

My first question is why some gold armor, weapons and sigials, are account bound when made and others are not. This confuses me. And when I use discovery, even tho I have similer recipes, ingredients and inscriptions I have made will not show up.

The second thing Is when I began exploring dragons stand, many places where locked off, I am aware there are ways around most of these. In the back wall of where the drangon spawns there is a area surrounded by a invisible wall and I cannot get to the map points in this area. I have to assume this unlocks when the meta is done but I never see anyone doing this meta. I am attempting the story again to see if this unlocks the area. What I do not understand is why they are put behind the wall in the first place and force you to do other stuff just to get to them. To be honest HoT is not my favorite area, it is too confusing and convoluted for me, I prefer the base and PoF.

If I have missed something or am doing something wrong any advice would be helpful, thank you for your time.

Dragon's Stand is a special case. It requires 3 squads, one for each "lane". Each squad moves toward that locked off part of the map, and once their respective event cycles are complete, they break through those vine walls and do another event before moving on to the final part of the map where the three squads meet up and battle the Mouth of Mordremoth.

Since all of the events are designed for large groups, there is little you can do in Dragon's Stand on your own. Like the other HoT maps, it runs on a set timer. That's why you always find the map empty. The meta map(s) fill up quickly when the map resets. So when you show up at any other time, you end up on an overflow map with nothing going on.

Try showing up just before the reset. You can check timers at https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Event_timers so you'll know the right time to be there. It will probably also help if you check LFG and join a squad listed for DS meta. You want to pay attention to LFG and event timers for all of the other HoT maps as well. They all work on set timers and all require coordination of large groups of players. So show up ahead of time and use LFG to find a map that is organizing or you'll often find yourself on those empty overflow maps.

> @"darkkrus.7382" said:

> Lord Kreegan. I like PoF very much. My main problem with HoT is that it is designed around the glider system and that means lots of up and down which makes it hard for me to get my bearings. Until you get close and get the up or down arrow you cannot tell what level something is at.

There are a few finer points on map navigation that may help you in HoT. While up/down arrows may not be visible until you're close to the objective, you can still tell which map layer a particular objective is located on. If you look closely, you may notice that objectives on other map layers are transparent while objectives located on your currently viewed map layer are not. Simply select different map layers until the objective you're trying to reach is no longer transparent. Then you'll know whether it's above or below you!

Another map feature I find particularly useful in Tangled Depths are the markers with up/down arrows on them such as cave entrances/exits, stairs, ramps, etc. The arrows indicate map layer transitions. For example, if you're following a path on the map and just ahead it becomes transparent, you know that the path you're following has transitioned up or down a map layer. Usually this transition will be marked with one of these markers and an arrow pointing up or down to indicate which layer it transitions to. Of course, if you simply continue down the path, when you cross the threshold your map will automatically show the new layer when you pull it up and the previously traveled path will display transparent because it's now on another layer.

Knowing these two things makes reading the maps in HoT a lot easier, in my opinion.

Not every armor/weapon stat is discoverable, some you have to buy a recipe to be able to craft, so they dont appear in the discover tab. Berzerker armor/weapons (as an example) are craftable-through-recipe, while Magi armor/weapons arent. That way you will never see a berzerker's insignia/inscription on the discovery tab.

Dragon's Stand is more of an "arena" than a conventional map in my opinion. There is little to nothing to do outside the meta event. It serves as the arena for the event, and almost nobody is there outside the event. Most waypoints are even contested unless the event chain is in progress. There are other areas in the world that are locked behind event chains, even in Dry Top, you have to wait for the event to get into the big cave for map completion.