Build Template System (and/or DPS metre): Get it here!

> @"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:

> > @"Biff.5312" said:

> > That's all well and good but I'd still rather have built-in systems for this in the game. For one thing, ArcDPS doesn't work on my computer.

>

> What do you mean it doesn't work? Maybe I can help.

Well I installed it, and it seemed to work. Then there was a patch, and I knew this would mean it would stop working until updated. So, I turned off the UI for it to show until I could get around to the upgrade. Then I updated ArcDPS, but since doing so have not been able to restore the UI to actually show on my screen. I also tried just deleting it entirely and starting over, installing it again - still doesn't show. So I've given up on it.

> @"Biff.5312" said:

> > @"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:

> > > @"Biff.5312" said:

> > > That's all well and good but I'd still rather have built-in systems for this in the game. For one thing, ArcDPS doesn't work on my computer.

> >

> > What do you mean it doesn't work? Maybe I can help.

>

> Well I installed it, and it seemed to work. Then there was a patch, and I knew this would mean it would stop working until updated. So, I turned off the UI for it to show until I could get around to the upgrade. Then I updated ArcDPS, but since doing so have not been able to restore the UI to actually show on my screen. I also tried just deleting it entirely and starting over, installing it again - still doesn't show. So I've given up on it.

I see, so the shortcut to bring up the meter doesn't work at all (ALT+SHIFT+H)? I should say that you don't actually have to update with every patch. I haven't updated mine since the last balance patch, for example, and it will usually be only balance patches that require you to redownload a new .dll when Delta has made one.

> I see, so the shortcut to bring up the meter doesn't work at all (ALT+SHIFT+H)? I should say that you don't actually have to update with every patch. I haven't updated mine since the last balance patch, for example, and it will usually be only balance patches that require you to redownload a new .dll when Delta has made one.

Yeah it doesn't work - in fact I see no indication that it's being recognized at all. I know the patch in question did create problems, which is why I removed the UI viewer - it was reading nonsense anyway.

I'd like to have it if it worked, but better still would be if ANet would just offer a built-in equivalent.

• 7 months later...

> @"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > ArcDPS and its featured are unsupported 3rd party tools, created by a person not related to ArenaNet. Using these tools is putting your accounts on risk and ArenaNet already declared no help with any issues caused by these tools.

> >

> > ArcDPS is not an excuse for Anet to not provide basic features like build templates players are asking for since before release in 2012.

>

> This is not correct. Neither of these tools can collect personal account information or compromise your account. They are third-party but they have been approved by Anet.

Hell anet worked with the guy/girl for the build templates and the meter it self iirc.

ArenaNet is working on build templates.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/72842/what-s-next-for-guild-wars-2/p1

>**The Future**

>Over the past few months, astute players have been noticing a trend of updates and improvements to how our skill-slotting system works and have accurately speculated that the long-requested feature of build templates is in the works.