ATs suggestions

BeLZedaR.4790

> @"Censored.5921" said:

> > @"Deathok.2914" said:

> > @"rank eleven monk.9502"

> > I don't understand how people defend soloq in a team based game mode. lol

> > I dont care if we have ATs or not. Ranked arena is a team based game mode period.

> > If u want us to soloq give us a solo game mode or call ranked 'random arenas' like in gw1

> > But selling ranked arena as solo game mode is a joke.

>

> I agree 100%, /thread.

> Bring back team q as a new mode, Team Arena or Team Ranked. Something outside of ATs where a group can Q up.

THIS x 1000

> @"Devilman.1532" said:

> Hey who's fault is it if you don't have friends or you and your friends aren't good enough to compete at a high level? 5 man que should never have gone away in sPvP. They did because the little QQ no talent hacks cried enough and got it barely voted for since they want a safe space and don't like the "big mean premades" lol what a crock

> @"Devilman.1532" said:

> > @"Censored.5921" said:

> > > @"Deathok.2914" said:

> > > @"rank eleven monk.9502"

> > > I don't understand how people defend soloq in a team based game mode. lol

> > > I dont care if we have ATs or not. Ranked arena is a team based game mode period.

> > > If u want us to soloq give us a solo game mode or call ranked 'random arenas' like in gw1

> > > But selling ranked arena as solo game mode is a joke.

> >

> > I agree 100%, /thread.

> > Bring back team q as a new mode, Team Arena or Team Ranked. Something outside of ATs where a group can Q up.

>

> THIS x 1000

Cool, but there should also be a ranked solo q because solo players want leaderboards too, and we can ignore that team ranked will be a ghost town if that option is provided and solo queue players are not forced to go up against premades to keep them fed, until everyone else figures it out and gets angry at the long queue times, except for the handful of pvp guilds cohesive enough to play at high level.

Because this didn't happen in the past.

Deal? <3

> @"Devilman.1532" said:

> DEAL. It was never a ghost town before. There is no need for a solo que at all.

It was never a ghost down because solo players had to potentially face premades if they wanted to do ranked at all.

Oh, also, _it was totally a ghost town._

Let me regale you with a tale Once upon a time, ~~millions and millions of~~ 2 years ago:

> @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > @"Devilman.1532" said:

> > DEAL. It was never a ghost town before. There is no need for a solo que at all.

>

> It was never a ghost down because solo players had to potentially face premades if they wanted to do ranked at all.

>

> Oh, also, _it was totally a ghost town._

>

> Let me regale you with a tale Once upon a time, ~~millions and millions of~~ 2 years ago:

>

>

>

>

I was also playing during that time period. Ques were a little longer sure but the match quality was much higher and we had a lot less problems. That old reddit thread which I seem to remember was mostly a bunch of hot air and BS people crying and moaning.

> @"Devilman.1532" said:

> I was also playing during that time period. Ques were a little longer sure but the match quality was much higher and we had a lot less problems. That old reddit thread which I seem to remember was mostly a bunch of hot air and BS people crying and moaning.

People don't cry and moan about long queue times in general unless its an actual problem. That being said, what I am attempting to focus your attention on is how the players behaved. There were a lot of solo players frustrated that they were being steamrolled by premades. This was because they were forced to do so, and the queue times were long for them because some didnt bother.

Now. if you split off ranked, and have one queue for premades and one for solo only (Let's pretend ATs arent a thing here, they're kind of they're own separate beast and also kind of not.), what do you think will happen? Path of least resistance says that people are going to solo instead of orchestrate groups on average if they want rank, with a handful of diligent premades fighting nonstop in the ranked queues. Because organizing a group takes work, organizing a __good__ group takes __more__ work, and (I'm going to stretch out on a limb here and say) generally pvpers don't -like- work for ranked matches,

I. E. a ghost town.

This is (I assume) the reason it was removed in the first place. to avoid fracturing the playerbase into groups so small nobody actually got a match that wasnt the Matchmaking system desperately trying to orchestrate games and throwing rank/rating to the wind.

theirs enough teams during monthly PLUS many other guilds now making 5man teams for PVP.

to those who keep saying we wont have enough are dumb and just don't know what the hell their talking about. MONTHLY alone has CLOSE to 30 teams NOT including a bunch of other teams who don't focus monthly/At's because they don't see it worth while.

Also Team COMP> Skill all day long it doesn't matter how damn good you are lol. I taken down some of the "Best" on broken classes during At's because of my team comp being much more overwhelming then an individual skills on a class they mained forever.

why we forced to play rank solo que only and team conquest for unrank only is beyond me but whatever, I'm waiting for this GvG and 2vs2 crap that im hoping is actually worth some time to invest/play in.

> @"zoopop.5630" said:

> theirs enough teams during monthly PLUS many other guilds now making 5man teams for PVP.

>

> to those who keep saying we wont have enough are dumb and just don't know what the hell their talking about. MONTHLY alone has CLOSE to 30 teams NOT including a bunch of other teams who don't focus monthly/At's because they don't see it worth while.

>

> Also Team COMP> Skill all day long it doesn't matter how kitten good you are lol. I taken down some of the "Best" on broken classes during At's because of my team comp being much more overwhelming then an individual skills on a class they mained forever.

>

> why we forced to play rank solo que only and team conquest for unrank only is beyond me but whatever, I'm waiting for this GvG and 2vs2 crap that im hoping is actually worth some time to invest/play in.

30*5 is 150 people, by the way.

Are they available at peak hours only, or spread evenly throughout the day?

~~The point I'm making is 150 people max isnt enough~~

Unless these teams are pools of greater than 5 people and dont mind fighting each other?

I'm replying to the points that are worth mentioning.

> @"Deathok.2914" said:

> > @"rank eleven monk.9502" said:

> but dont forget that ranked is also a teambased mode.

Well, not any more :D

> Nobody is satifsfied but you I assume lol.

Again you think that your opinion = everyone

>Why do u think the most important players of pvp left the game?

There is no such a thing as an 'important player', top player would be a better term. And they left because they can't duo queue (or 5 man). BUT that doesn't mean the majority of the population is not happy with the change.

> you dont have any idea what you are talking about... when u play a perfect match it doesnt mean u need to win and saying its not a problem of comp is dumb af.. because atm comp>skill in many cases. especially on NA I experienced this. I constantly get non meta builds like power reapers, dragonhunters etc. even on top10 ques while enemies are mostly metacomp stacked with scourge/fb druids etc.

It's your definition of a perfect match lol.

Anyways I agree that usually comp > skill, all I'm saying it's not connected to 5-man or duoq, it's a flaw of the current matchmaking system AND balance.

> Of course its positive, for bad players atleast... ofc they cried when losing to a team which had 2 good players duoqued but why do we listen to the pvp playerbase that sucks at pvp?

It's not even remotely connected to being bad or good. It's positive for those people who don't do duoq for various reasons. And that's around 95% of the population as stated before. So get off the high horse, because you are a vocal minority. Duoq gives a great edge against soloq teams. Simple as that.

> @"Censored.5921" said:

> I agree 100%, /thread.

> Bring back team q as a new mode, Team Arena or Team Ranked. Something outside of ATs where a group can Q up.

You have unranked arena. Team ranked would be pointless with like 10-20 teams participating due to low population

> @"rank eleven monk.9502" said:

> I'm replying to the points that are worth mentioning.

> > > @"rank eleven monk.9502" said:

> > but dont forget that ranked is also a teambased mode.

> Well, not any more :D

> > Nobody is satifsfied but you I assume lol.

> Again you think that your opinion = everyone

> >Why do u think the most important players of pvp left the game?

> There is no such a thing as an 'important player', top player would be a better term. And they left because they can't duo queue (or 5 man). BUT that doesn't mean the majority of the population is not happy with the change.

> > you dont have any idea what you are talking about... when u play a perfect match it doesnt mean u need to win and saying its not a problem of comp is dumb af.. because atm comp>skill in many cases. especially on NA I experienced this. I constantly get non meta builds like power reapers, dragonhunters etc. even on top10 ques while enemies are mostly metacomp stacked with scourge/fb druids etc.

> It's your definition of a perfect match lol.

> Anyways I agree that usually comp > skill, all I'm saying it's not connected to 5-man or duoq, it's a flaw of the current matchmaking system AND balance.

> > Of course its positive, for bad players atleast... ofc they cried when losing to a team which had 2 good players duoqued but why do we listen to the pvp playerbase that sucks at pvp?

> It's not even remotely connected to being bad or good. It's positive for those people who don't do duoq for various reasons. And that's around 95% of the population as stated before. So get off the high horse, because you are a vocal minority. Duoq gives a great edge against soloq teams. Simple as that.

>

> > @"Censored.5921" said:

> > I agree 100%, /thread.

> > Bring back team q as a new mode, Team Arena or Team Ranked. Something outside of ATs where a group can Q up.

> You have unranked arena. Team ranked would be pointless with like 10-20 teams participating due to low population

Again you have no idea what you are talking about...

How do you say ranked is not teambased when you are literally in a team with 4 other people. It doesn’t matter if randomized or not you are a TEAM period. Which means you rely on eachother. It is not a solo game/mode you are not 1v1 you are 5v5.

Then again you claim that I think that my opinion reflects on the opinion of others. While you state that how do you prove that your opinion is the reflect of the players? You don’t have any legit arguments. I do.

The top pvp players = most important players in pvp because they create the competitive environment which pvp is all about. Literally nobody cares if a bronze player cries that he got stomped by a duoq.

Literally nobody cares what a bronze player thinks of pvp and what could be improved because he simply doesn’t have a clue about pvp. And even though the bronze players form the biggest population of pvp they by no means should be listened to.

How do you create a competitive environment in a mode which literally is all about competing/competitiveness?

Definitely not by listening to the bigger playerbase who has no idea how pvp even works.

I‘m on my high horse but rightfully.

Pvp has to be/stay competitive that is what pvp is about and if you pvp for other reasons go unranked.

Saying if you want to play pvp in a team go unranked is the worst thing you could say in a again TEAM based pvp mode.

What is the purpose or where is the competitiveness when teaming up to stomp ppl in unranked?

Same with ATs most ATs are total stomps until semifinals.. in ranked we atleast had some kind of matchmaking which you cannot find in ATs.

And I think it’s supposed to be this way in ATs because it wouldn’t make sense if the 2 top teams would face eachother in the first round and a bad team gets to finals just to get stomped.

This thread is totally derailed at this point, but I am obligated to throw in my two cents since apparently ~~complaining~~ making suggestions in forums is our primary avenue for feedback.

Point 1: Conquest is designed for cooperative team play. Anything less is PURELY for the lulz.

Point 2: If you want easy-access no-queue-time no commitment pure skill based no match manipulation solo q pvp, it has to be a 1v1 duel mode with ranking. Period. Anything else will compromise one of the above elements.

Point 3: Trying to accomplish the goals of the second point by cramming restrictions into Conquest is killing this game. Stop it.

> @"Deathok.2914" said:

> Again you have no idea what you are talking about...

> Then again you claim that I think that my opinion reflects on the opinion of others. While you state that how do you prove that your opinion is the reflect of the players? > You don’t have any legit arguments. I do.

Like I said multiple times, most of the people don't duoq. It's a hard fact, cba to look up the post but I think it was Ben, if you care. Why would they want teamq and duoq if they are playing solo? That's likely 95% against 5%. You should really understand this.

> The top pvp players = most important players in pvp because they create the competitive environment which pvp is all about. Literally nobody cares if a bronze player cries that he got stomped by a duoq.

Your logic again :D it's not just the bronze players, care to understand? All the people from bronze till legendary can get easily roflstomped by a duoq if they are playing solo.

> Literally nobody cares what a bronze player thinks of pvp and what could be improved because he simply doesn’t have a clue about pvp. And even though the bronze players form the biggest population of pvp they by no means should be listened to.

Again, you are just blaming everything on 'bronze' players. People play and have played solo in all divisions. Funny that you think YOU know better than anyone else. The ultime truth, bruh

> How do you create a competitive environment in a mode which literally is all about competing/competitiveness?

AT-s.

> Definitely not by listening to the bigger playerbase who has no idea how pvp even works.

Your logic: only bronze players want soloq (entirely untrue) -> they know nothing about pvp (probably true) -> noone should listen to them (lol)

> I‘m on my high horse but rightfully.

You just enjoy claiming to be the voice of 'all important players'. You are not.

> Pvp has to be/stay competitive that is what pvp is about and if you pvp for other reasons go unranked.

It is competitive and on equal terms unlike when we had 5-man queue.

> Same with ATs most ATs are total stomps until semifinals.. in ranked we atleast had some kind of matchmaking which you cannot find in ATs.

You had some kind of matchmaking because you could roflstomp random soloq-ers with a 5-man team due to lack of population :D that's not what I call competitiviness rofl

> And I think it’s supposed to be this way in ATs because it wouldn’t make sense if the 2 top teams would face eachother in the first round and a bad team gets to finals just to get stomped.

True, AT-s got some big problems, and changes are incoming, hence the thread.

> @"Alcazaro.7618" said:

> please change shedule for mAt to Sunday, i know a lot of people including me which are never able to play it. Saturdays are here for meeting friends or going out with gf, since youve to work/study during the week.

Sunday is my monday (first working day). Sat is the only day everyone is home for sure everywhere.

It’s one in every 4 weeks that you can instead play seriously with your team. And you still got sunday. Won’t be perfect for everyone I guess.

IF AT's are meant to be / going to be refresh after it's over then i can understand why the rewards are going to be nerf, BUT their needs to be a damn good reward for winning x amount of time other wise whats the point if it doesn't give the team an official "rank" or "title"?

I run In-house match ups with other guilds for some GvG stuff at times and even that seems to be more fun/better match ups. My point is this IF At's going to get a better overall rework that benefits actual pvp guilds to play in with other guilds then please push it a little further and make it rewarding for players to ACTUALLY form a guild/team for pvp and give them a purpose for it that might want to keep playing as a team.

I love the game but i have never understood with Guild vs Guild or 5man team rank was never a legit thing after a few seasons. This is one of the ONLY games that doesn't even offer 3vs3/5vs5 rank.

I think there should be 3 modes of play for pvp outside of the ATs. Unranked, Solo Queue Ranked, and Team Ranked. That way, nothing is taken out, people can get practice with a team if they so desire outside of ATs (though the repeatable AT seems like it will be pretty neat) while also climbing the ranked ladder, and hopefully people can stop complaining about everything. Best of all worlds.

> @"rank eleven monk.9502" said:

> > Again you have no idea what you are talking about...

> > Then again you claim that I think that my opinion reflects on the opinion of others. While you state that how do you prove that your opinion is the reflect of the players? > You don’t have any legit arguments. I do.

> Like I said multiple times, most of the people don't duoq. It's a hard fact, cba to look up the post but I think it was Ben, if you care. Why would they want teamq and duoq if they are playing solo? That's likely 95% against 5%. You should really understand this.

> > The top pvp players = most important players in pvp because they create the competitive environment which pvp is all about. Literally nobody cares if a bronze player cries that he got stomped by a duoq.

> Your logic again :D it's not just the bronze players, care to understand? All the people from bronze till legendary can get easily roflstomped by a duoq if they are playing solo.

> > Literally nobody cares what a bronze player thinks of pvp and what could be improved because he simply doesn’t have a clue about pvp. And even though the bronze players form the biggest population of pvp they by no means should be listened to.

> Again, you are just blaming everything on 'bronze' players. People play and have played solo in all divisions. Funny that you think YOU know better than anyone else. The ultime truth, bruh

> > How do you create a competitive environment in a mode which literally is all about competing/competitiveness?

> AT-s.

> > Definitely not by listening to the bigger playerbase who has no idea how pvp even works.

> Your logic: only bronze players want soloq (entirely untrue) -> they know nothing about pvp (probably true) -> noone should listen to them (lol)

> > I‘m on my high horse but rightfully.

> You just enjoy claiming to be the voice of 'all important players'. You are not.

> > Pvp has to be/stay competitive that is what pvp is about and if you pvp for other reasons go unranked.

> It is competitive and on equal terms unlike when we had 5-man queue.

> > Same with ATs most ATs are total stomps until semifinals.. in ranked we atleast had some kind of matchmaking which you cannot find in ATs.

> You had some kind of matchmaking because you could roflstomp random soloq-ers with a 5-man team due to lack of population :D that's not what I call competitiviness rofl

> > And I think it’s supposed to be this way in ATs because it wouldn’t make sense if the 2 top teams would face eachother in the first round and a bad team gets to finals just to get stomped.

> True, AT-s got some big problems, and changes are incoming, hence the thread.

>

It’s like talking to a wall.. you don’t have any clue about pvp so it doesn’t make sense to talk to you I guess.

One thing I’m wondering though is if 95% of the PvP population plays solo in what way does bringing duoq back hinders them from soloq? You are in no way forced to duoq if you don’t want to as you can tell by 95% soloqueing even though they are able to do so below 1.6k rating.