ANet Buffs Power Reaper

Oldirtbeard.9834

I remember all the suggestions and posts that cold shoulder should give damage increase to chilled foes instead of damage reduction or that it would fit reaper to have a damage increase trait on chilled foes. We get it, people dont like it. "good luck chilling foes", "its on a short lasting condition"....

Sometimes...

> @Sigmoid.7082 said:

> I remember all the suggestions and posts that cold shoulder should give damage increase to chilled foes instead of damage reduction or that it would fit reaper to have a damage increase trait on chilled foes. We get it, people dont like it. "good luck chilling foes", "its on a short lasting condition"....

>

> Sometimes...

I think people are fine with the change, but as for this making power reaper more viable, meh, not feeling it at all.

> @Sigmoid.7082 said:

> I remember all the suggestions and posts that cold shoulder should give damage increase to chilled foes instead of damage reduction or that it would fit reaper to have a damage increase trait on chilled foes. We get it, people dont like it. "good luck chilling foes", "its on a short lasting condition"....

>

> Sometimes...

Thats the forums for you. They get what they want and they still hate it.

> @Bladrio.8671 said:

> > @Sigmoid.7082 said:

> > I remember all the suggestions and posts that cold shoulder should give damage increase to chilled foes instead of damage reduction or that it would fit reaper to have a damage increase trait on chilled foes. We get it, people dont like it. "good luck chilling foes", "its on a short lasting condition"....

> >

> > Sometimes...

>

> Thats the forums for you. They get what they want and they still hate it.

Well no, the forums are in the right this time. It's not that the cold shoulder change is bad, it's that the overall changes to power reaper in general were so underwhelming that it won't be effective enough to bring them into a good spot in PvE.

It was a chance to greatly improve on the power reaper, and while some of us expected them to actually follow through with it, they passed on the opportunity and left some of us feeling pretty disappointed.

I think the there are three issues feeding into the forum hate.

1) Power Reaper (and Necros in general) have been in a weird spot for a long time now, especially in PvE content.

2) Wooden Potatoes made it SOUND like there would be some significant changes to Power Necro (got everyone's hopes up and then it didn't deliver).

3) The Scourge being a better condi option led many to believe that Power Reaper would finally get some more trait synergy to push it into a better power build.

> @Bladrio.8671 said:

> > @Sigmoid.7082 said:

> > I remember all the suggestions and posts that cold shoulder should give damage increase to chilled foes instead of damage reduction or that it would fit reaper to have a damage increase trait on chilled foes. We get it, people dont like it. "good luck chilling foes", "its on a short lasting condition"....

> >

> > Sometimes...

>

> Thats the forums for you. They get what they want and they still hate it.

Straw-man. The forum wanted Power Reaper to do good damage, or at least decent damage.

This change doesn't accomplish that.

>Necromancer

>The scourge specialization can now be unlocked when playing through Path of Fire.

>Death Shroud: Added a 0.5-second delay on activation before being able to exit.

>Reaper's Shroud: Added a 0.5-second delay on activation before being able to exit.

>Spectral Armor: Updated the protection skill fact to display the actual amount of protection applied.

>Reaper's Onslaught: Increased bonus ferocity while in Reaper's Shroud from 225 to 300 at level 80. This trait no longer reduces the recharge of shroud skills on kill but instead reduces the recharge of shroud skills by 1 second if Life Reap hits. This recharge reduction can only occur once per use of Life Reap.

>Cold Shoulder: This trait no longer reduces incoming damage from chilled foes. It now increases outgoing strike damage by 10% to chilled foes.

Uhm, I'm happy with this changes but I don't think that those changes will help us to be gladly accepted in PvE endgame as power.

>Death Shroud: Added a 0.5-second delay on activation before being able to exit.

>Reaper's Shroud: Added a 0.5-second delay on activation before being able to exit.

Solve the doubletap/lag problem. QOL change.

>Reaper's Onslaught: Increased bonus ferocity while in Reaper's Shroud from 225 to 300 at level 80. This trait no longer reduces the recharge of shroud skills on kill but instead reduces the recharge of shroud skills by 1 second if Life Reap hits. This recharge reduction can only occur once per use of Life Reap.

Buff for PvP scenarios and boss fights, nerf for Open World. Even if Condition is miles ahead of power, maybe they should have turned Reaper's Onslaught into a group buff.

>Cold Shoulder: This trait no longer reduces incoming damage from chilled foes. It now increases outgoing strike damage by 10% to chilled foes.

Minor trait change, we are following the right direction. Less passive damage reduction and more damage modifiers are needed.

I'd actually call the Onslaught change a huge nerf to power reaper across the game. The AA pressure is only good if you're constently mobile, which given the SoS change... power reaper isn't, and the bulk CDR meant one could cleave a low-health target with a doublecast on stability and reset its cooldown on kill immediately into a second higher-health target.

Generally speaking, these changes were pretty poor.