Personal PPk in wvw

Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

I'd like to suggest that we get a personal counter for our own ppk. Have our own personal kill/death ratio. Idk if this has been brought up before but i would love to see this. I've got 62,529 trophy ears in wvw and have died 3,205 times. Half of those are probably pvp or dc's etc. And I know the kills in wvw are spread among all characters and deaths are spread among different game modes but i would love to see this in wvw. and maybe make one for pvp too?

Well, they seem to be gathering that statistical data anyways. Depending on the accuracy of their statistics, there could be a simple ./killdeath command, that shows the the ratio of things slain to player defeats.

If you want to take it to the next level, there may be the parameters global/all, pve, pvp and wvw. This way, we can even measure our impact on the games environment, by seeing just how many mobs we forced to respawn.

Since you can zerg/blob smaller groups, tag the enemy and get kill credit a standard K/D ratio wouldn't really mean anything.

But what would be cool is your WvW deaths matched against your WvW kills in which you kill the enemy 100%-0%. Essentially all the kills where you solo an enemy player. That sort of modified K/D would be something more worth bragging about.

The enemy would also need to 100%-0% you for it to count as a personal death, by the same logic but in reverse.

Solo roamers get ganked by groups. It happens. It shouldn't hurt their personal kdr.

Moreover, this would be abusable. People could just kill their own alts, or get someone to just let them kill them over 'n over.

Doubt such a thing can be integrated well into the game.

~ Kovu

> @"Caliburn.1845" said:

> Since you can zerg/blob smaller groups, tag the enemy and get kill credit a standard K/D ratio wouldn't really mean anything.

>

> But what would be cool is your WvW deaths matched against your WvW kills in which you kill the enemy 100%-0%. Essentially all the kills where you solo an enemy player. That sort of modified K/D would be something more worth bragging about.

You'd also need 1v1 deaths for this.

Solo/small group players get most of their death by passing blob.

i dont think there is data collected about who you solo 100%-0% , even a passing by moa might steal your kill then. i would be fine to see a stomps / WvW deaths. sure solo roaming i dont stomp every kill and i mostly die to way more then 1 player, but avoiding being blobbed is also important and requires you to have proper situational awareness.

if we do get such a ratio somewhere, i wish it was class based like the statistics in sPvP. then i dont ruin it when playing a class that is not my main profession and i have every profession i play regularly mutiple times as i select my race / gender by current mood and actually play a little different even if i run the same build depending on wich race/gender i pick.

> @"Kovu.7560" said:

> The enemy would also need to 100%-0% you for it to count as a personal death, by the same logic but in reverse.

> Solo roamers get ganked by groups. It happens. It shouldn't hurt their personal kdr.

> Moreover, this would be abusable. People could just kill their own alts, or get someone to just let them kill them over 'n over.

>

> Doubt such a thing can be integrated well into the game.

>

> ~ Kovu

The system to combat this is already in place with the no wexp from a player after they have recently died.

This would be a cool stat to track but I worry that it might hurt the game. Do you think ppl with high ppk would realize they need to separate from their blobs or come out of their towers or stop running from even fights? Or would it have the counterproductive effect of reducing risk-taking to buff the stat, as we've seen on a server level . . ?

> @"Gop.8713" said:

> This would be a cool stat to track but I worry that it might hurt the game. Do you think ppl with high ppk would realize they need to separate from their blobs or come out of their towers or stop running from even fights? Or would it have the counterproductive effect of reducing risk-taking to buff the stat, as we've seen on a server level . . ?

This already happens

> @"Gop.8713" said:

> Right, so the introduction of a new tracking that encourages that behavior could have a negative effect on gameplay. So it would be cool to see, but maybe not worth the cost. Maybe if you could only see your own, to avoid the epeening . . .

i can make a screenshot of it then y'know..

if you want to encourage people fight more solo with it , then you need to make kills matter more then deaths, therefore not a ratio but some kind of point system, gaining some for kills and withdraw some for deaths. so then someone with 100 kills and 30 deaths will be way better then someone with 10 kills and 0 deaths. and as everyone aiming to brag with that number probably will have a K/D ratio of greater then 1 even if they risk something regularly, it will allways be worth to keep on fighting.

> @"Gop.8713" said:

> Right, so the introduction of a new tracking that encourages that behavior could have a negative effect on gameplay. So it would be cool to see, but maybe not worth the cost. Maybe if you could only see your own, to avoid the epeening . . .

I'm thinking the introduction of over whelming number of toxic mechanics anet has introduced into the game would be more detrimental to the game mode than having a tracking system to see your personal k/d ratio.

> @"Nocturnal Lunacy.8563" said:

> > @"shagwell.1349" said:

> > Do I get 5 PPK for a thief and mesmer kill? If not, I'm not interested.

>

> Whenever you kill a warrior/spellbreaker/bubblespammer you get instant 1 million ppk and credits start to roll and anet will make you an honorary dev.

haha. what a suggestion.