ty for res

Chilli.2976

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure you've had many people pass by you and ignore you while you're downed though too :p

It's always appreciated when someone resses you imo, never know if someone hasn't unlocked that nearest waypoint yet or something. Or in the case of HoT maps, dont know the way back lol.

You know, sometimes I prefer it when people don't thank me when I res them, especially during a hectic battle. There are scenarios where the time it takes them to type even a simple ty is long enough to see them eating enough damage to be downed again, rendering my efforts fruitless. And of course, there are also times when you just see "t12aws6eqds0swd3621" written in the chat, which is when you know they tried to type something, realised they were in danger then began to wonder why their character wasn't moving or executing skills anymore. XD

> @"Takoyakii.2146" said:

> How could I resist the urge to kneel down and rub those inanimate bodies :3c .

I always try to make it so I kneel down on their face or crotch.

Not that it really means anything, but I imagine a _Wreck-It Ralph_ type avatar mumbling to themselves "I wish he'd just leave me dead!" or "Couldn't he have put more effort into healing, this is taking forever!" :s

Sometimes it happens that I'm already looking for the nearest waypoint on the map, or that I finished my quest there and I want to go to another map, when I read "a noble soul is ressing you". Then, even if the waypoint is very very close or in a completely different map, I just stay there 'cause teleporting during the ressing seems rude... Happened to anyone? :)

I always love the opposite kind of people that'll pick you up but then complain if you don't thank them...

I usually pick up everyone I can even if I have to fight off enemies first but I do it because I think it's the right thing to do, not because I seek appreciation, what's wrong with people who complain when someone doesn't thank them, do they only pick you up for attention or what?

> @"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:

> Personally I never say thank you. There's just no time for it. But its always very appreciated despite that - I res people with the same outlook that I want them to have: let's both get back into the fight asap.

I usually facepalm when people thank for reses during pvp matches. In the middle of the fight.

> @"ovinnik.9216" said:

> > @"TwilightSoul.9048" said:

> > ...what's wrong with people who complain when someone doesn't thank them, do they only pick you up for attention or what?

>

> The word you're looking for is manners. They're exceedingly hard to come by online, alas.

There are no good manners involved when someone picks you up and then complains that you didn't thank that someone. If you only help someone because you want him to be grateful towards you then there are no good manners involved either, it's called selfish.

Good manners would be to help anyone for the sake of helping.

> @"TwilightSoul.9048" said:

> > @"ovinnik.9216" said:

> > > @"TwilightSoul.9048" said:

> > > ...what's wrong with people who complain when someone doesn't thank them, do they only pick you up for attention or what?

> >

> > The word you're looking for is manners. They're exceedingly hard to come by online, alas.

>

> There are no good manners involved when someone picks you up and then complains that you didn't thank that someone. If you only help someone because you want him to be grateful towards you then there are no good manners involved either, it's called selfish.

> Good manners would be to help anyone for the sake of helping.

Are you trying to say that picking someone up without expecting thanks is altruistic? That would be nonsense. In any case, yes, complaining isn't nice either, but it's a comparatively peripheral matter. The general manner of conversation is, after all, silence. Which is exactly the point: When there's no immediate danger, many, many people still don't take the time to acknowledge rendered help, even in the most simple of ways. _It's two letters._

> @"ovinnik.9216" said:

> > @"TwilightSoul.9048" said:

> > > @"ovinnik.9216" said:

> > > > @"TwilightSoul.9048" said:

> > > > ...what's wrong with people who complain when someone doesn't thank them, do they only pick you up for attention or what?

> > >

> > > The word you're looking for is manners. They're exceedingly hard to come by online, alas.

> >

> > There are no good manners involved when someone picks you up and then complains that you didn't thank that someone. If you only help someone because you want him to be grateful towards you then there are no good manners involved either, it's called selfish.

> > Good manners would be to help anyone for the sake of helping.

>

> Are you trying to say that picking someone up without expecting thanks is altruistic? That would be nonsense. In any case, yes, complaining isn't nice either, but it's a comparatively peripheral matter. The general manner of conversation is, after all, silence. Which is exactly the point: When there's no immediate danger, many, many people still don't take the time to acknowledge rendered help, even in the most simple of ways. _It's two letters._

Picking someone up is pressing one letter.

> altruistic

> adjective

> showing a disinterested and selfless concern for the well-being of others; unselfish.

Yes, picking someone up without expecting them to say thanks is altruistic and no it's not nonsense.

I'm not saying people shouldn't say thanks, of course it's nice when someone thanks you for your help but it shouldn't be required - People who complain about others not saying thanks after beeing picked up are extremely obnoxious to me, that's like, imagine for example: you see me fighting some mob and it looks to you as if I was struggling (while I actually just really enjoy the challenge and feel good about myself because I manage to fight a strong mob alone) and you rush to help me and kill the mob for me, I'm a little disappointed and move on and mind my own buisness. Would you be upset if I didn't say thanks? Probably not but then why is pressing f something different to you?

> @"Tenrai Senshi.2017" said:

> You know, sometimes I prefer it when people don't thank me when I res them, especially during a hectic battle. There are scenarios where the time it takes them to type even a simple ty is long enough to see them eating enough damage to be downed again, rendering my efforts fruitless. And of course, there are also times when you just see "t12aws6eqds0swd3621" written in the chat, which is when you know they tried to type something, realised they were in danger then began to wonder why their character wasn't moving or executing skills anymore. XD

Yes! if the fight is hard enough to down you please just concentrate on staying alive, and also so that I don't feel the pressure to reply "np" during a fight.

When I am doing my Berry run, what pinches my bunions, is ALL the people in the map and they run right past you to the berries you are fighting to get to and leave you to fight the mobs and then they run off and leave you still fighting and then you die and you're thinking to yourself," what an A-Hole!" and then this Angel comes along and rezzes me! Thank you thank you.... thank you. :)

> @"Tenrai Senshi.2017" said:

> You know, sometimes I prefer it when people don't thank me when I res them, especially during a hectic battle. There are scenarios where the time it takes them to type even a simple ty is long enough to see them eating enough damage to be downed again, rendering my efforts fruitless. And of course, there are also times when you just see "t12aws6eqds0swd3621" written in the chat, which is when you know they tried to type something, realised they were in danger then began to wonder why their character wasn't moving or executing skills anymore. XD

Yes, I would really rather people did not try to type ty after I rez them. If they feel they have to do it while I am down there taking damage and healing them. If they want to thank me hit 6 and start dealing damage around us because I most likely took a few blows during that time.

If I see someone downed I'll always res them, it's only polite, and if people res me I do try and say thank you, however it might end up in guild chat or party chat and the person that ressed me might not see it. As for the time taken to type, anyone with any sense would be typing the thank you while the ressing is happening, so all they have to do is hit return when they are back up.

I should however also admit to a bit of an evil streak back in the days of repair costs. If I saw someone downed right on a mob spawn point i would kill the mob and then res them. If it became obvious that they were AFK i would keep coming back to the area and if they were down again, re res them. I could just imagine that in time they would come back to their computer and find there character standing (or laying) there naked with all their armor trashed. The basic message was don't go AFK on a spawn point.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:

> > Personally I never say thank you. There's just no time for it. But its always very appreciated despite that - I res people with the same outlook that I want them to have: let's both get back into the fight asap.

>

> I usually facepalm when people thank for reses during pvp matches. In the middle of the fight.

The same happens in PVE. I learned when I was a noob that trying to say thanks right after a rez in some situations is a good way to get yourself downed again (and in turn probably cause the rezzer to get downed as well). I never could understand why some people seem to insist on doing it, just bring another person up from a downed state later.

> @"TwilightSoul.9048" said:

> > @"ovinnik.9216" said:

> > > @"TwilightSoul.9048" said:

> > > > @"ovinnik.9216" said:

> > > > > @"TwilightSoul.9048" said:

> > > > > ...what's wrong with people who complain when someone doesn't thank them, do they only pick you up for attention or what?

> > > >

> > > > The word you're looking for is manners. They're exceedingly hard to come by online, alas.

> > >

> > > There are no good manners involved when someone picks you up and then complains that you didn't thank that someone. If you only help someone because you want him to be grateful towards you then there are no good manners involved either, it's called selfish.

> > > Good manners would be to help anyone for the sake of helping.

> >

> > Are you trying to say that picking someone up without expecting thanks is altruistic? That would be nonsense. In any case, yes, complaining isn't nice either, but it's a comparatively peripheral matter. The general manner of conversation is, after all, silence. Which is exactly the point: When there's no immediate danger, many, many people still don't take the time to acknowledge rendered help, even in the most simple of ways. _It's two letters._

>

> Picking someone up is pressing one letter.

> > altruistic

> > adjective

> > showing a disinterested and selfless concern for the well-being of others; unselfish.

> Yes, picking someone up without expecting them to say thanks is altruistic and no it's not nonsense.

>

> I'm not saying people shouldn't say thanks, of course it's nice when someone thanks you for your help but it shouldn't be required - People who complain about others not saying thanks after beeing picked up are extremely obnoxious to me, that's like, imagine for example: you see me fighting some mob and it looks to you as if I was struggling (while I actually just really enjoy the challenge and feel good about myself because I manage to fight a strong mob alone) and you rush to help me and kill the mob for me, I'm a little disappointed and move on and mind my own buisness. Would you be upset if I didn't say thanks? Probably not but then why is pressing f something different to you?

So, are you enjoying the challenge of sunbathing on your backside?

The way I see it, if two(or more, usually more) people are fighting a common enemy, be it dungeons, meta or PvP, there's no need for "ty" since the resser has some stake in you not being dead or at a waypoint somewhere. Ig, however, you did something stupid and got yourself killed in the mmiddle of a map and some kind stranger picked you up from the floor, you should thank them. They have no pony in that race, in fact, they probably have kittens to feed and are taking time from whatever they are doing to save you that 1s(and who knows how much time, the creator of Tangled Depths can burn in hell, I'll provide the coal) if you were to waypoint. Showing some gratitude is not that difficult.