ty for res

Chilli.2976

> @"Oenanthe.6549" said:

> If I see someone downed I'll always res them, it's only polite, and if people res me I do try and say thank you, however it might end up in guild chat or party chat and the person that ressed me might not see it. As for the time taken to type, anyone with any sense would be typing the thank you while the ressing is happening, so all they have to do is hit return when they are back up.

LOL .... half the time I say TY it ends up in map chat. :)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"TWMagimay.9057" said:

> > @"TwilightSoul.9048" said:

> > > @"ovinnik.9216" said:

> > > > @"TwilightSoul.9048" said:

> > > > > @"ovinnik.9216" said:

> > > > > > @"TwilightSoul.9048" said:

> > > > > > ...what's wrong with people who complain when someone doesn't thank them, do they only pick you up for attention or what?

> > > > >

> > > > > The word you're looking for is manners. They're exceedingly hard to come by online, alas.

> > > >

> > > > There are no good manners involved when someone picks you up and then complains that you didn't thank that someone. If you only help someone because you want him to be grateful towards you then there are no good manners involved either, it's called selfish.

> > > > Good manners would be to help anyone for the sake of helping.

> > >

> > > Are you trying to say that picking someone up without expecting thanks is altruistic? That would be nonsense. In any case, yes, complaining isn't nice either, but it's a comparatively peripheral matter. The general manner of conversation is, after all, silence. Which is exactly the point: When there's no immediate danger, many, many people still don't take the time to acknowledge rendered help, even in the most simple of ways. _It's two letters._

> >

> > Picking someone up is pressing one letter.

> > > altruistic

> > > adjective

> > > showing a disinterested and selfless concern for the well-being of others; unselfish.

> > Yes, picking someone up without expecting them to say thanks is altruistic and no it's not nonsense.

> >

> > I'm not saying people shouldn't say thanks, of course it's nice when someone thanks you for your help but it shouldn't be required - People who complain about others not saying thanks after beeing picked up are extremely obnoxious to me, that's like, imagine for example: you see me fighting some mob and it looks to you as if I was struggling (while I actually just really enjoy the challenge and feel good about myself because I manage to fight a strong mob alone) and you rush to help me and kill the mob for me, I'm a little disappointed and move on and mind my own buisness. Would you be upset if I didn't say thanks? Probably not but then why is pressing f something different to you?

>

> So, are you enjoying the challenge of sunbathing on your backside?

>

> The way I see it, if two(or more, usually more) people are fighting a common enemy, be it dungeons, meta or PvP, there's no need for "ty" since the resser has some stake in you not being dead or at a waypoint somewhere. Ig, however, you did something stupid and got yourself killed in the mmiddle of a map and some kind stranger picked you up from the floor, you should thank them. They have no pony in that race, in fact, they probably have kittens to feed and are taking time from whatever they are doing to save you that 1s(and who knows how much time, the creator of Tangled Depths can burn in hell, I'll provide the coal) if you were to waypoint. Showing some gratitude is not that difficult.

Exactly, if I am in some dynamic event my bringing someone up from a downed state is just common sense if doing so will not do the same to me (sorry those of you that die at a boss's feet). If out in the wild, sure, I will usually go rez them but because I would want the same if I died while out exploring.

Personally, I think it's just good manners to say thank you and show your appreciation. At least in PvE. In PvP, yes, I'd rather you get back up and fight quickly. No, I don't expect a thank you, but if you don't and simply run off? I'm a shade more unlikely to do it if I see that player down again. Yes, maybe that doesn't make me altruistic, but one's lack of a 'thank you' makes me think they're an entitled ingrate too.

Again, perception is everything.

> @"Beda Zzle.5281" said:

> When I am doing my Berry run, what pinches my bunions, is ALL the people in the map and they run right past you to the berries you are fighting to get to and leave you to fight the mobs and then they run off and leave you still fighting and then you die and you're thinking to yourself," what an kitten!" and then this Angel comes along and rezzes me! Thank you thank you.... thank you. :)

What burns me the most is when I see someone downed I will go out of my way to rez them. In your scenario, I clear the area, start the rez and you port out when there's less than 5% to go. Then the mobs respawn.

Yeah there are times I will walk right over you...

Excelsior.

I do not ressurect people next to waypoints, but once I was in the middle of nowhere and I saw a body and felt the urge to get him up on his feet again. He must have lied there forever, and it was also a super hostile area with 15 mobs in Core Tyria (those purple wasteland things in Cat-Land) and I was riding my Springer to finally get the map waypointed out. When I got him up, suddenly there was a thanks in the chat. I mean, what was that dude doing in front of his PC? Watching his dead body in almost-greyscale view for minutes while eating a hotdog or something while waiting for some random person to come by? x) I think we were equally perplexed about him lying there and that some random Asura would get him up.

> @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > @"Beda Zzle.5281" said:

> > When I am doing my Berry run, what pinches my bunions, is ALL the people in the map and they run right past you to the berries you are fighting to get to and leave you to fight the mobs and then they run off and leave you still fighting and then you die and you're thinking to yourself," what an kitten!" and then this Angel comes along and rezzes me! Thank you thank you.... thank you. :)

>

> What burns me the most is when I see someone downed I will go out of my way to rez them. In your scenario, I clear the area, start the rez and you port out when there's less than 5% to go. Then the mobs respawn.

>

> Yeah there are times I will walk right over you...

Ya, I don't do that but I have ridden back to a downed person and commence to rez and yup they bleep out on me too sometimes but I wasn't downed when they shot past me to the berries, see me fighting and still go on their merry way....

> @"Beda Zzle.5281" said:

> > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > > @"Beda Zzle.5281" said:

> > > When I am doing my Berry run, what pinches my bunions, is ALL the people in the map and they run right past you to the berries you are fighting to get to and leave you to fight the mobs and then they run off and leave you still fighting and then you die and you're thinking to yourself," what an kitten!" and then this Angel comes along and rezzes me! Thank you thank you.... thank you. :)

> >

> > What burns me the most is when I see someone downed I will go out of my way to rez them. In your scenario, I clear the area, start the rez and you port out when there's less than 5% to go. Then the mobs respawn.

> >

> > Yeah there are times I will walk right over you...

>

> Ya, I don't do that but I have ridden back to a downed person and commence to rez and yup they bleep out on me too sometimes but I wasn't downed when they shot past me to the berries, see me fighting and still go on their merry way....

>

>

Or that one which is my favorite "brings a mob over from a nearby node", gathers and you get aggro'ed and they leave on their merry way. I found minion necros are the worst doing it.

I'm always grateful for a res, and I very, very rarely pass by anyone who's been downed/defeated. It would have to be special circumstances for that. I don't expect a "ty", but I always appreciate them. I try to toss out "ty"'s for any assistance - res, JP port, bounty, HP, etc. Helping, whether providing or receiving, is something that brings me a great deal of joy.

As a minion necro if my minions agro anything i'll stay and fight until there aren't anymore mobs but on subject of rez thanking if I do the rezzing a thank you isn't required but if it isn't in the heat of battle then it is appreciated but again not necessary. If I am the one being rezzed then like someone else posted I'll type ty while they are rezzing me. Or I'll type RUN!!!!!!!! :)

> > > @"ovinnik.9216" said:

> > > > > > ...what's wrong with people who complain when someone doesn't thank them, do they only pick you up for attention or what?

> > > > >

> > > > > The word you're looking for is manners. They're exceedingly hard to come by online, alas.

> > > >

> > > > There are no good manners involved when someone picks you up and then complains that you didn't thank that someone. If you only help someone because you want him to be grateful towards you then there are no good manners involved either, it's called selfish.

> > > > Good manners would be to help anyone for the sake of helping.

> > >

> > > Are you trying to say that picking someone up without expecting thanks is altruistic? That would be nonsense. In any case, yes, complaining isn't nice either, but it's a comparatively peripheral matter. The general manner of conversation is, after all, silence. Which is exactly the point: When there's no immediate danger, many, many people still don't take the time to acknowledge rendered help, even in the most simple of ways. _It's two letters._

> >

> > Picking someone up is pressing one letter.

> > > altruistic

> > > adjective

> > > showing a disinterested and selfless concern for the well-being of others; unselfish.

> > Yes, picking someone up without expecting them to say thanks is altruistic and no it's not nonsense.

> >

> > I'm not saying people shouldn't say thanks, of course it's nice when someone thanks you for your help but it shouldn't be required - People who complain about others not saying thanks after beeing picked up are extremely obnoxious to me, that's like, imagine for example: you see me fighting some mob and it looks to you as if I was struggling (while I actually just really enjoy the challenge and feel good about myself because I manage to fight a strong mob alone) and you rush to help me and kill the mob for me, I'm a little disappointed and move on and mind my own buisness. Would you be upset if I didn't say thanks? Probably not but then why is pressing f something different to you?

>

> So, are you enjoying the challenge of sunbathing on your backside?

>

> The way I see it, if two(or more, usually more) people are fighting a common enemy, be it dungeons, meta or PvP, there's no need for "ty" since the resser has some stake in you not being dead or at a waypoint somewhere. Ig, however, you did something stupid and got yourself killed in the mmiddle of a map and some kind stranger picked you up from the floor, you should thank them. They have no pony in that race, in fact, they probably have kittens to feed and are taking time from whatever they are doing to save you that 1s(and who knows how much time, the creator of Tangled Depths can burn in hell, I'll provide the coal) if you were to waypoint. Showing some gratitude is not that difficult.

You're all acting as if I'm against saying thanks 4 rez, all I'm saying is that it isn't a big deal if someone doesn't say thanks...

I've said multiple times that saying thanks is a nice gesture but it is not a requirement for picking someone up. That would be like holding a door open for everyone just because you like it when people thank you. I'm holding doors open because I'm a nice person not because I want the attention, I don't care if people thank me or not - of course it makes me happy if someone does but if someone doesn't then what's the big deal? Some people here sound like they would rather wait for someone to beg for a rez and shower them with gratitude before they'd rez someone...

> @"Urud.4925" said:

> Sometimes it happens that I'm already looking for the nearest waypoint on the map, or that I finished my quest there and I want to go to another map, when I read "a noble soul is ressing you". Then, even if the waypoint is very very close or in a completely different map, I just stay there 'cause teleporting during the ressing seems rude... Happened to anyone? :)

I'll almost always teleport during a res, because usually I'm going someplace either completely different or it's a hell of a lot faster for me to teleport and run(mount ride) back to where I was, which is usually in the middle of a bounty fight(sometimes get distracted doing something else, or hit with a dozen things at once and insta-killed).

> @"TwilightSoul.9048" said:

> > @"TWMagimay.9057" said:

> > > @"TwilightSoul.9048" said:

> > > > @"ovinnik.9216" said:

> > > > > @"TwilightSoul.9048" said:

> > > > > > @"ovinnik.9216" said:

> > > > > > > @"TwilightSoul.9048" said:

> > > > > > > ...what's wrong with people who complain when someone doesn't thank them, do they only pick you up for attention or what?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The word you're looking for is manners. They're exceedingly hard to come by online, alas.

> > > > >

> > > > > There are no good manners involved when someone picks you up and then complains that you didn't thank that someone. If you only help someone because you want him to be grateful towards you then there are no good manners involved either, it's called selfish.

> > > > > Good manners would be to help anyone for the sake of helping.

> > > >

> > > > Are you trying to say that picking someone up without expecting thanks is altruistic? That would be nonsense. In any case, yes, complaining isn't nice either, but it's a comparatively peripheral matter. The general manner of conversation is, after all, silence. Which is exactly the point: When there's no immediate danger, many, many people still don't take the time to acknowledge rendered help, even in the most simple of ways. _It's two letters._

> > >

> > > Picking someone up is pressing one letter.

> > > > altruistic

> > > > adjective

> > > > showing a disinterested and selfless concern for the well-being of others; unselfish.

> > > Yes, picking someone up without expecting them to say thanks is altruistic and no it's not nonsense.

> > >

> > > I'm not saying people shouldn't say thanks, of course it's nice when someone thanks you for your help but it shouldn't be required - People who complain about others not saying thanks after beeing picked up are extremely obnoxious to me, that's like, imagine for example: you see me fighting some mob and it looks to you as if I was struggling (while I actually just really enjoy the challenge and feel good about myself because I manage to fight a strong mob alone) and you rush to help me and kill the mob for me, I'm a little disappointed and move on and mind my own buisness. Would you be upset if I didn't say thanks? Probably not but then why is pressing f something different to you?

> >

> > So, are you enjoying the challenge of sunbathing on your backside?

> >

> > The way I see it, if two(or more, usually more) people are fighting a common enemy, be it dungeons, meta or PvP, there's no need for "ty" since the resser has some stake in you not being dead or at a waypoint somewhere. Ig, however, you did something stupid and got yourself killed in the mmiddle of a map and some kind stranger picked you up from the floor, you should thank them. They have no pony in that race, in fact, they probably have kittens to feed and are taking time from whatever they are doing to save you that 1s(and who knows how much time, the creator of Tangled Depths can burn in hell, I'll provide the coal) if you were to waypoint. Showing some gratitude is not that difficult.

>

> You're all acting as if I'm against saying thanks 4 rez, all I'm saying is that it isn't a big deal if someone doesn't say thanks...

> I've said multiple times that saying thanks is a nice gesture but it is not a requirement for picking someone up. That would be like holding a door open for everyone just because you like it when people thank you. I'm holding doors open because I'm a nice person not because I want the attention, I don't care if people thank me or not - of course it makes me happy if someone does but if someone doesn't then what's the big deal? Some people here sound like they would rather wait for someone to beg for a rez and shower them with gratitude before they'd rez someone...

Nobody sounds like they expect begging or to be shower with gratitude. What we do expect are basic manners from others. It's a sign of a civilised society and most of us prefer to live in one. That's why you say "thanks" when your parent/partner brings you a glass of water, it's why you say "sorry" when you bump against somebody on the street, why you use specific grammar constructions when you order a coffee. Most people do not appreciate rudeness and not saying those little words -is- rude. When other people do nice things to you, you are supposed to acknowledge that and show the least bit of gratitude. You are not entitled to a glass of water or a resu or for a door to be held for you.

> > > @"TWMagimay.9057" said:

> > > > > > > @"ovinnik.9216" said:

> > > > > > > > @"TwilightSoul.9048" said:

> > > > > > > > ...what's wrong with people who complain when someone doesn't thank them, do they only pick you up for attention or what?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > The word you're looking for is manners. They're exceedingly hard to come by online, alas.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > There are no good manners involved when someone picks you up and then complains that you didn't thank that someone. If you only help someone because you want him to be grateful towards you then there are no good manners involved either, it's called selfish.

> > > > > > Good manners would be to help anyone for the sake of helping.

> > > > >

> > > > > Are you trying to say that picking someone up without expecting thanks is altruistic? That would be nonsense. In any case, yes, complaining isn't nice either, but it's a comparatively peripheral matter. The general manner of conversation is, after all, silence. Which is exactly the point: When there's no immediate danger, many, many people still don't take the time to acknowledge rendered help, even in the most simple of ways. _It's two letters._

> > > >

> > > > Picking someone up is pressing one letter.

> > > > > altruistic

> > > > > adjective

> > > > > showing a disinterested and selfless concern for the well-being of others; unselfish.

> > > > Yes, picking someone up without expecting them to say thanks is altruistic and no it's not nonsense.

> > > >

> > > > I'm not saying people shouldn't say thanks, of course it's nice when someone thanks you for your help but it shouldn't be required - People who complain about others not saying thanks after beeing picked up are extremely obnoxious to me, that's like, imagine for example: you see me fighting some mob and it looks to you as if I was struggling (while I actually just really enjoy the challenge and feel good about myself because I manage to fight a strong mob alone) and you rush to help me and kill the mob for me, I'm a little disappointed and move on and mind my own buisness. Would you be upset if I didn't say thanks? Probably not but then why is pressing f something different to you?

> > >

> > > So, are you enjoying the challenge of sunbathing on your backside?

> > >

> > > The way I see it, if two(or more, usually more) people are fighting a common enemy, be it dungeons, meta or PvP, there's no need for "ty" since the resser has some stake in you not being dead or at a waypoint somewhere. Ig, however, you did something stupid and got yourself killed in the mmiddle of a map and some kind stranger picked you up from the floor, you should thank them. They have no pony in that race, in fact, they probably have kittens to feed and are taking time from whatever they are doing to save you that 1s(and who knows how much time, the creator of Tangled Depths can burn in hell, I'll provide the coal) if you were to waypoint. Showing some gratitude is not that difficult.

> >

> > You're all acting as if I'm against saying thanks 4 rez, all I'm saying is that it isn't a big deal if someone doesn't say thanks...

> > I've said multiple times that saying thanks is a nice gesture but it is not a requirement for picking someone up. That would be like holding a door open for everyone just because you like it when people thank you. I'm holding doors open because I'm a nice person not because I want the attention, I don't care if people thank me or not - of course it makes me happy if someone does but if someone doesn't then what's the big deal? Some people here sound like they would rather wait for someone to beg for a rez and shower them with gratitude before they'd rez someone...

>

> Nobody sounds like they expect begging or to be shower with gratitude. What we do expect are basic manners from others. It's a sign of a civilised society and most of us prefer to live in one. That's why you say "thanks" when your parent/partner brings you a glass of water, it's why you say "sorry" when you bump against somebody on the street, why you use specific grammar constructions when you order a coffee. Most people do not appreciate rudeness and not saying those little words -is- rude. When other people do nice things to you, you are supposed to acknowledge that and show the least bit of gratitude. You are not entitled to a glass of water or a resu or for a door to be held for you.

But you are entitled to gratitude? That has nothing to do with "proper manners" or a "civilized society". When you ask someone for help and receive that help THEN you are supposed to say thank you. When someone holds the door for you it's a nice gesture, it's nice to say thanks but it's not a requirement, you sound like you would slam the door in someones face if he doesn't say thanks... But hey, it's your way of life! Do whatever YOU think is right, I'm going to keep helping others for the sake of helping - not in order to receive someones gratitude. And again, I'm happy when someone does show me gratitude, and most people do, but if someone doesn't it's all the same to me, I feel good about myself for helping others, not for receiving gratitude.

If I come across someone who is defeated, I'll usually ask if they're afk first. I mean, I can imagine nothing more frustrating than leaving the computer for an hour and comming back to find yourself lying naked in the desert sun with an unwanted farmer's tan.

If it's a hectic boss fight or I want to get somewhere, I'll try to res downed but leave defeated for dead - I hope they'll understand.

Basically, if nothing is going on (randomly out in the wild or after an event) there is no end of people who will rez people, that is what makes this the great game it is. If it is during an event though please do not expect the rezzers to have time to type 'yw' or the rezzeee to stop to type 'ty' .... one or both of you will die. The best thanks in the latter case is to heal someone else when you can and not immediately die after being rezzed.

> > > > @"TWMagimay.9057" said:

> > > > > > @"ovinnik.9216" said:

> > > > > > > > @"ovinnik.9216" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"TwilightSoul.9048" said:

> > > > > > > > > ...what's wrong with people who complain when someone doesn't thank them, do they only pick you up for attention or what?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > The word you're looking for is manners. They're exceedingly hard to come by online, alas.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > There are no good manners involved when someone picks you up and then complains that you didn't thank that someone. If you only help someone because you want him to be grateful towards you then there are no good manners involved either, it's called selfish.

> > > > > > > Good manners would be to help anyone for the sake of helping.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Are you trying to say that picking someone up without expecting thanks is altruistic? That would be nonsense. In any case, yes, complaining isn't nice either, but it's a comparatively peripheral matter. The general manner of conversation is, after all, silence. Which is exactly the point: When there's no immediate danger, many, many people still don't take the time to acknowledge rendered help, even in the most simple of ways. _It's two letters._

> > > > >

> > > > > Picking someone up is pressing one letter.

> > > > > > altruistic

> > > > > > adjective

> > > > > > showing a disinterested and selfless concern for the well-being of others; unselfish.

> > > > > Yes, picking someone up without expecting them to say thanks is altruistic and no it's not nonsense.

> > > > >

> > > > > I'm not saying people shouldn't say thanks, of course it's nice when someone thanks you for your help but it shouldn't be required - People who complain about others not saying thanks after beeing picked up are extremely obnoxious to me, that's like, imagine for example: you see me fighting some mob and it looks to you as if I was struggling (while I actually just really enjoy the challenge and feel good about myself because I manage to fight a strong mob alone) and you rush to help me and kill the mob for me, I'm a little disappointed and move on and mind my own buisness. Would you be upset if I didn't say thanks? Probably not but then why is pressing f something different to you?

> > > >

> > > > So, are you enjoying the challenge of sunbathing on your backside?

> > > >

> > > > The way I see it, if two(or more, usually more) people are fighting a common enemy, be it dungeons, meta or PvP, there's no need for "ty" since the resser has some stake in you not being dead or at a waypoint somewhere. Ig, however, you did something stupid and got yourself killed in the mmiddle of a map and some kind stranger picked you up from the floor, you should thank them. They have no pony in that race, in fact, they probably have kittens to feed and are taking time from whatever they are doing to save you that 1s(and who knows how much time, the creator of Tangled Depths can burn in hell, I'll provide the coal) if you were to waypoint. Showing some gratitude is not that difficult.

> > >

> > > You're all acting as if I'm against saying thanks 4 rez, all I'm saying is that it isn't a big deal if someone doesn't say thanks...

> > > I've said multiple times that saying thanks is a nice gesture but it is not a requirement for picking someone up. That would be like holding a door open for everyone just because you like it when people thank you. I'm holding doors open because I'm a nice person not because I want the attention, I don't care if people thank me or not - of course it makes me happy if someone does but if someone doesn't then what's the big deal? Some people here sound like they would rather wait for someone to beg for a rez and shower them with gratitude before they'd rez someone...

> >

> > Nobody sounds like they expect begging or to be shower with gratitude. What we do expect are basic manners from others. It's a sign of a civilised society and most of us prefer to live in one. That's why you say "thanks" when your parent/partner brings you a glass of water, it's why you say "sorry" when you bump against somebody on the street, why you use specific grammar constructions when you order a coffee. Most people do not appreciate rudeness and not saying those little words -is- rude. When other people do nice things to you, you are supposed to acknowledge that and show the least bit of gratitude. You are not entitled to a glass of water or a resu or for a door to be held for you.

>

> But you are entitled to gratitude? That has nothing to do with "proper manners" or a "civilized society". When you ask someone for help and receive that help THEN you are supposed to say thank you. When someone holds the door for you it's a nice gesture, it's nice to say thanks but it's not a requirement, you sound like you would slam the door in someones face if he doesn't say thanks... But hey, it's your way of life! Do whatever YOU think is right, I'm going to keep helping others for the sake of helping - not in order to receive someones gratitude. And again, I'm happy when someone does show me gratitude, and most people do, but if someone doesn't it's all the same to me, I feel good about myself for helping others, not for receiving gratitude.

I don't think you understand the word "entitled". One can be entitled in two ways: by expecting things they didn't earn nor deserve on the merit of existing and by expecting things they have a right to or have earned. You are not entitled to people holding doors for you or ressing you when you do something stupid and die in a video game because you have no inherent right to those things nor have you done anything to deserve them. You also do not have an inherent right to gratitude just for existing however when you hold a door open or resu somebody, you perform an action that earns you gratitude points. You are doing something nice for somebody else and that person is expected, in a civilised society, to acknowledge that. It doesn't matter if you asked for the help or not, you still received it and the polite thing to do is to say "ty". If I were to hold a door open for you and you just fly past me without as much as a smile and a nod, you can bet your kitten that door is getting slammed in your face next time. Because the whole point of situations like that is to determine future interactions. If I hold the door and you bullet past me, I take that to mean you do not want me to hold the door as you did not react to it. Thus, next time, I don't need to hold the door as you've made it clear that it is not something you want. So, does one absolutely have to say "ty"after being ressed? No. Should that person get ressed again? No.

Since you enjoy making assumptions and attempting personal attacks: YOU sound like the kind of person who pats himself on the back for pressing F next to piles of pixels because you think that makes you just so nice and helpful and you don't expect to be thanked because it's your good deed for the day and you feel even more altruistic if the other person isn't grateful because then you can claim you do it out of the goodness of your heart and not for the thanks. Get off your pony, it's not nearly big enough for the snarky remarks you keep making.

It's part of the great community of gw2. If people suddenly less ress/thank never the toxicity level will be a bit/a lot higher. Anything to prevent that is great.

I'm not mad if someone doens't thank me and sometimes (especially in heavy combat) i don't thank the resser. But if i can i do. And usually i get great manner response back 'my pleasure', 'no problem' 'anytime'. Gaming should be fun and when these things happen you remember why the community is great imo.

I'm good at reading mini map. Often i see a downed icon. If the forces arent to great, i will try to kill them and revive at same time. Usually gets a 'tyvm' 'omg ty'. So must be that they hoped for it, but didn't expect it. Imo it's also a bit of a duty. I've learned gw2 all ins and out almost, like how to survive zergs of mobs in Heart of thorns. If someone less experienced, dies, leaving them there would be unrespectful. By ressing them they can continue and learn from mistake.

> @"Westenev.5289" said:

> If I come across someone who is defeated, I'll usually ask if they're afk first. I mean, I can imagine nothing more frustrating than leaving the computer for an hour and comming back to find yourself lying naked in the desert sun with an unwanted farmer's tan.

>

> If it's a hectic boss fight or I want to get somewhere, I'll try to res downed but leave defeated for dead - I hope they'll understand.

> @"Menadena.7482" said:

> Basically, if nothing is going on (randomly out in the wild or after an event) there is no end of people who will rez people, that is what makes this the great game it is. If it is during an event though please do not expect the rezzers to have time to type 'yw' or the rezzeee to stop to type 'ty' .... one or both of you will die. The best thanks in the latter case is to heal someone else when you can and not immediately die after being rezzed.

^This.

If I happen to rez the same person 4 times in 5 minutes of playing (no champion boss fights but trashmobs) I kindly ask if they need assistance and maybe some guidance. In most cases, the power of dodging gets underestimated.

> > > @"TWMagimay.9057" said:

> > > > > @"TWMagimay.9057" said:

> > > > > > > @"ovinnik.9216" said:

> > > > > > > > @"TwilightSoul.9048" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"ovinnik.9216" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"TwilightSoul.9048" said:

> > > > > > > > > > ...what's wrong with people who complain when someone doesn't thank them, do they only pick you up for attention or what?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > The word you're looking for is manners. They're exceedingly hard to come by online, alas.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > There are no good manners involved when someone picks you up and then complains that you didn't thank that someone. If you only help someone because you want him to be grateful towards you then there are no good manners involved either, it's called selfish.

> > > > > > > > Good manners would be to help anyone for the sake of helping.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Are you trying to say that picking someone up without expecting thanks is altruistic? That would be nonsense. In any case, yes, complaining isn't nice either, but it's a comparatively peripheral matter. The general manner of conversation is, after all, silence. Which is exactly the point: When there's no immediate danger, many, many people still don't take the time to acknowledge rendered help, even in the most simple of ways. _It's two letters._

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Picking someone up is pressing one letter.

> > > > > > > altruistic

> > > > > > > adjective

> > > > > > > showing a disinterested and selfless concern for the well-being of others; unselfish.

> > > > > > Yes, picking someone up without expecting them to say thanks is altruistic and no it's not nonsense.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'm not saying people shouldn't say thanks, of course it's nice when someone thanks you for your help but it shouldn't be required - People who complain about others not saying thanks after beeing picked up are extremely obnoxious to me, that's like, imagine for example: you see me fighting some mob and it looks to you as if I was struggling (while I actually just really enjoy the challenge and feel good about myself because I manage to fight a strong mob alone) and you rush to help me and kill the mob for me, I'm a little disappointed and move on and mind my own buisness. Would you be upset if I didn't say thanks? Probably not but then why is pressing f something different to you?

> > > > >

> > > > > So, are you enjoying the challenge of sunbathing on your backside?

> > > > >

> > > > > The way I see it, if two(or more, usually more) people are fighting a common enemy, be it dungeons, meta or PvP, there's no need for "ty" since the resser has some stake in you not being dead or at a waypoint somewhere. Ig, however, you did something stupid and got yourself killed in the mmiddle of a map and some kind stranger picked you up from the floor, you should thank them. They have no pony in that race, in fact, they probably have kittens to feed and are taking time from whatever they are doing to save you that 1s(and who knows how much time, the creator of Tangled Depths can burn in hell, I'll provide the coal) if you were to waypoint. Showing some gratitude is not that difficult.

> > > >

> > > > You're all acting as if I'm against saying thanks 4 rez, all I'm saying is that it isn't a big deal if someone doesn't say thanks...

> > > > I've said multiple times that saying thanks is a nice gesture but it is not a requirement for picking someone up. That would be like holding a door open for everyone just because you like it when people thank you. I'm holding doors open because I'm a nice person not because I want the attention, I don't care if people thank me or not - of course it makes me happy if someone does but if someone doesn't then what's the big deal? Some people here sound like they would rather wait for someone to beg for a rez and shower them with gratitude before they'd rez someone...

> > >

> > > Nobody sounds like they expect begging or to be shower with gratitude. What we do expect are basic manners from others. It's a sign of a civilised society and most of us prefer to live in one. That's why you say "thanks" when your parent/partner brings you a glass of water, it's why you say "sorry" when you bump against somebody on the street, why you use specific grammar constructions when you order a coffee. Most people do not appreciate rudeness and not saying those little words -is- rude. When other people do nice things to you, you are supposed to acknowledge that and show the least bit of gratitude. You are not entitled to a glass of water or a resu or for a door to be held for you.

> >

> > But you are entitled to gratitude? That has nothing to do with "proper manners" or a "civilized society". When you ask someone for help and receive that help THEN you are supposed to say thank you. When someone holds the door for you it's a nice gesture, it's nice to say thanks but it's not a requirement, you sound like you would slam the door in someones face if he doesn't say thanks... But hey, it's your way of life! Do whatever YOU think is right, I'm going to keep helping others for the sake of helping - not in order to receive someones gratitude. And again, I'm happy when someone does show me gratitude, and most people do, but if someone doesn't it's all the same to me, I feel good about myself for helping others, not for receiving gratitude.

>

> I don't think you understand the word "entitled". One can be entitled in two ways: by expecting things they didn't earn nor deserve on the merit of existing and by expecting things they have a right to or have earned. You are not entitled to people holding doors for you or ressing you when you do something stupid and die in a video game because you have no inherent right to those things nor have you done anything to deserve them. You also do not have an inherent right to gratitude just for existing however when you hold a door open or resu somebody, you perform an action that earns you gratitude points. You are doing something nice for somebody else and that person is expected, in a civilised society, to acknowledge that. It doesn't matter if you asked for the help or not, you still received it and the polite thing to do is to say "ty". If I were to hold a door open for you and you just fly past me without as much as a smile and a nod, you can bet your kitten that door is getting slammed in your face next time. Because the whole point of situations like that is to determine future interactions. If I hold the door and you bullet past me, I take that to mean you do not want me to hold the door as you did not react to it. Thus, next time, I don't need to hold the door as you've made it clear that it is not something you want. So, does one absolutely have to say "ty"after being ressed? No. Should that person get ressed again? No.

>

> Since you enjoy making assumptions and attempting personal attacks: YOU sound like the kind of person who pats himself on the back for pressing F next to piles of pixels because you think that makes you just so nice and helpful and you don't expect to be thanked because it's your good deed for the day and you feel even more altruistic if the other person isn't grateful because then you can claim you do it out of the goodness of your heart and not for the thanks. Get off your pony, it's not nearly big enough for the snarky remarks you keep making.

If you felt like I personally attacked you then I am truly sorry, that was by no means my intention.

I'm not going to answer to the rest of your text as you clearly have a way different view of the world as I have and I'm not going to attempt to discuss who of us has the "right" opinion. I disagree with you but if you belief you're right then so be it. I'll keep helping people either way and I couldn't care less if they show gratitude for my help or not. And I hope you keep helping others too, whatever your reasons are.

> > > > @"TWMagimay.9057" said:

> > > > > > @"TWMagimay.9057" said:

> > > > > > > > @"ovinnik.9216" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"TwilightSoul.9048" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"ovinnik.9216" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"TwilightSoul.9048" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > ...what's wrong with people who complain when someone doesn't thank them, do they only pick you up for attention or what?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > The word you're looking for is manners. They're exceedingly hard to come by online, alas.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > There are no good manners involved when someone picks you up and then complains that you didn't thank that someone. If you only help someone because you want him to be grateful towards you then there are no good manners involved either, it's called selfish.

> > > > > > > > > Good manners would be to help anyone for the sake of helping.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Are you trying to say that picking someone up without expecting thanks is altruistic? That would be nonsense. In any case, yes, complaining isn't nice either, but it's a comparatively peripheral matter. The general manner of conversation is, after all, silence. Which is exactly the point: When there's no immediate danger, many, many people still don't take the time to acknowledge rendered help, even in the most simple of ways. _It's two letters._

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Picking someone up is pressing one letter.

> > > > > > > > altruistic

> > > > > > > > adjective

> > > > > > > > showing a disinterested and selfless concern for the well-being of others; unselfish.

> > > > > > > Yes, picking someone up without expecting them to say thanks is altruistic and no it's not nonsense.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I'm not saying people shouldn't say thanks, of course it's nice when someone thanks you for your help but it shouldn't be required - People who complain about others not saying thanks after beeing picked up are extremely obnoxious to me, that's like, imagine for example: you see me fighting some mob and it looks to you as if I was struggling (while I actually just really enjoy the challenge and feel good about myself because I manage to fight a strong mob alone) and you rush to help me and kill the mob for me, I'm a little disappointed and move on and mind my own buisness. Would you be upset if I didn't say thanks? Probably not but then why is pressing f something different to you?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So, are you enjoying the challenge of sunbathing on your backside?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The way I see it, if two(or more, usually more) people are fighting a common enemy, be it dungeons, meta or PvP, there's no need for "ty" since the resser has some stake in you not being dead or at a waypoint somewhere. Ig, however, you did something stupid and got yourself killed in the mmiddle of a map and some kind stranger picked you up from the floor, you should thank them. They have no pony in that race, in fact, they probably have kittens to feed and are taking time from whatever they are doing to save you that 1s(and who knows how much time, the creator of Tangled Depths can burn in hell, I'll provide the coal) if you were to waypoint. Showing some gratitude is not that difficult.

> > > > >

> > > > > You're all acting as if I'm against saying thanks 4 rez, all I'm saying is that it isn't a big deal if someone doesn't say thanks...

> > > > > I've said multiple times that saying thanks is a nice gesture but it is not a requirement for picking someone up. That would be like holding a door open for everyone just because you like it when people thank you. I'm holding doors open because I'm a nice person not because I want the attention, I don't care if people thank me or not - of course it makes me happy if someone does but if someone doesn't then what's the big deal? Some people here sound like they would rather wait for someone to beg for a rez and shower them with gratitude before they'd rez someone...

> > > >

> > > > Nobody sounds like they expect begging or to be shower with gratitude. What we do expect are basic manners from others. It's a sign of a civilised society and most of us prefer to live in one. That's why you say "thanks" when your parent/partner brings you a glass of water, it's why you say "sorry" when you bump against somebody on the street, why you use specific grammar constructions when you order a coffee. Most people do not appreciate rudeness and not saying those little words -is- rude. When other people do nice things to you, you are supposed to acknowledge that and show the least bit of gratitude. You are not entitled to a glass of water or a resu or for a door to be held for you.

> > >

> > > But you are entitled to gratitude? That has nothing to do with "proper manners" or a "civilized society". When you ask someone for help and receive that help THEN you are supposed to say thank you. When someone holds the door for you it's a nice gesture, it's nice to say thanks but it's not a requirement, you sound like you would slam the door in someones face if he doesn't say thanks... But hey, it's your way of life! Do whatever YOU think is right, I'm going to keep helping others for the sake of helping - not in order to receive someones gratitude. And again, I'm happy when someone does show me gratitude, and most people do, but if someone doesn't it's all the same to me, I feel good about myself for helping others, not for receiving gratitude.

> >

> > I don't think you understand the word "entitled". One can be entitled in two ways: by expecting things they didn't earn nor deserve on the merit of existing and by expecting things they have a right to or have earned. You are not entitled to people holding doors for you or ressing you when you do something stupid and die in a video game because you have no inherent right to those things nor have you done anything to deserve them. You also do not have an inherent right to gratitude just for existing however when you hold a door open or resu somebody, you perform an action that earns you gratitude points. You are doing something nice for somebody else and that person is expected, in a civilised society, to acknowledge that. It doesn't matter if you asked for the help or not, you still received it and the polite thing to do is to say "ty". If I were to hold a door open for you and you just fly past me without as much as a smile and a nod, you can bet your kitten that door is getting slammed in your face next time. Because the whole point of situations like that is to determine future interactions. If I hold the door and you bullet past me, I take that to mean you do not want me to hold the door as you did not react to it. Thus, next time, I don't need to hold the door as you've made it clear that it is not something you want. So, does one absolutely have to say "ty"after being ressed? No. Should that person get ressed again? No.

> >

> > Since you enjoy making assumptions and attempting personal attacks: YOU sound like the kind of person who pats himself on the back for pressing F next to piles of pixels because you think that makes you just so nice and helpful and you don't expect to be thanked because it's your good deed for the day and you feel even more altruistic if the other person isn't grateful because then you can claim you do it out of the goodness of your heart and not for the thanks. Get off your pony, it's not nearly big enough for the snarky remarks you keep making.

>

> If you felt like I personally attacked you then I am truly sorry, that was by no means my intention.

> I'm not going to answer to the rest of your text as you clearly have a way different view of the world as I have and I'm not going to attempt to discuss who of us has the "right" opinion. I disagree with you but if you belief you're right then so be it. I'll keep helping people either way and I couldn't care less if they show gratitude for my help or not. And I hope you keep helping others too, whatever your reasons are.

I think you are misunderstanding the fundamentals of my argument. I am not saying that people should only help for the 'ty". I'm saying that the "ty" is an acknowledgement of the received help. If we were to go back to your first example of you killing a mob and being proud then somebody else drops by and "helps you out", you would not say "ty" because you were not helped and what they did was neither wanted nor appreciated. If, however, you were struggling with a skill point and somebody helped you out, you should indicate that the help was needed by saying "ty". The same thing applies to ressing and holding doors open. If they don't say "ty", how do you know you even helped? Maybe that guy you just ressed wanted to be dead and you just messed up something for him. How can you even considered it help if the other side doesn't see it that way?