do you want mounts added to wvw?

Stand The Wall.6987

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

>

> Lol. But negating theif mobility is smart also?

>

> You forget, thief needs a weapon set AND traits to be as mobile as you feel they are. So, you shouldn't?

To be fair, they would still retain their mobility and disengage potential in combat, which is probably the most important part.

And thieves would feel less forced to take certain traits and skills, opening up some build diversity.

I think the biggest problem with mounts in WvW is that it would make the gameplay way too fast and chaotic.

And especially if they disable mounts in enemy territory (which they would have to if Anet doesn't want to destroy WvW) that would give a massive advantage to the defenders. The response time would be way too fast, and dead players could rejoin the fight in a heartbeat.

I love gliding, but on the ground a horde of mounts seems like too much to deal with visually. I could be wrong though. I wouldn't mind if there was a way to limit mounts to only parties with 4 or fewer allies and/or some limitation on allies within a certain range so smaller groups would be faster than zergs. The lack of collision and the stacking of swiftness enables the giant horde of rabble to move faster than an individual or small group, which is kind of cruddy.

> Yes because forcing ever singly Warrior in WvW to take GS just to move around at a reliable pace is both fun and balanced.

>

> Not.

> @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > > It needs to happen to even out the movement speed across the classes with runspeed signets and those who don't.

> >

> > Which would take away the optional combos that give speed. If people want speed and mobility, take a class or an item, or a signet, or, and this one is really asking a lot, work together to get run speed.

>

> Yes because forcing ever singly Warrior in WvW to take GS just to move around at a reliable pace is both fun and balanced.

>

> Not.

Playing as my Necromancer 90% of the time, that really made me chuckle. There are pros and cons to having mounts in WvW. There are times that there is a lot of ground to have to cover to catch up to your Zerg or to get where you want to go and having a mount would be very beneficial, but I agree that there is potential for breaking the game by making invasion easier and defence harder. I like the idea, but I'm concerned about its execution.

Seriously though.... Mobility, lol!

I liked the idea of stables , where u can get a mount and only use it till u get in to combat than if u want to use it again you would need to go back.

at least than u would not need to worry about mounted escapes to recharge skills during a fight.

but all this would do is let people get back to the blog quicker and has the potential to make fights feel never ending unless the maps are bigger :S

and there is a good chance of extra lag , not to mention pesky scouts staying out of range and so on.

I’m mixed on that. I never thought gliding would be workable or necessary in WvW... until they found a way to add it well. Gliding was a major QoL improvement and a breath of fresh air, *especially* on the Desert Borderland. So, short answer, a soft no, but with super rapid response times (especially with die & run back), it could really step up the game mode.

I'd want WvW specific mounts, not the ones currently in game. All having swiftness-like speed.

1. Dolyak that lets us carry extra supplies from camps and deposit them in towers/keeps.

2. Charr chopper (like the Duneroller) that acts like a weaker ram (maybe 2-3 times normal melee weapon damage on gates). Can't be mounted inside combat, but works if you mount before joining combat. (mostly so that the enemy can kick you out of you mount to stop you 'ramming')

3. Siege Devourer (visually like the one in EoTM) that works like the Charr Chopper but against walls, like a catapult (less damage than a cata).

If they were to add the current mounts, I hope they disable the movement skills and have them work as movement speed buffs rather than terrain avoiders.