To restrictive Stunbreaks need Improvements

InsaneQR.7412

Revenant with its weird CD and Energy mechanic has a double restrictive problem.

Especially in regards of emergency skills.

In an emergency it is neccesary to use that which can safe your life. It works with the heal, they have low energy cost but a CD to prevent spam.

Can we have this for stunbreaks too?

Dont put a Huge CD on it just 10-20ish seconds and reduce the energy cost down to about 5 or remove it entirely.

We still need invocation to have a reliable stunbreak because many cost just to much energy and ventari doesnt even have one.

Proposal for Each Legend:

Shiro:

Riposting Shadow: CD 15s, cost 5

Mallyx:

Pain Absorption: CD 15s, cost 5

Jalis: CD 30, cost 25

(Just because its the Elite)

Purifying Essence (Now Stunbreak):

CD 20s , cost 5

Also stunbreaks allies arround tablet.

Kalla:

Darkrazor's Daring: 20s CD, cost 10

Numbers could be tweaked but its mainly for the conseptual picture.

I am not a hardcore Rev player, but i always had the feeling that these stunbreaks werent so accesible. Maybe i am wrong, so some constructive feedback would be nice.

> @"Justine.6351" said:

> Um how about no?

> Stop getting hit by cc.

I assume this comes from a PvPer otherwise they would know that in a cluster of a meta event it is sometimes pretty oversaturated with effects and you can miss some telegraphed heavy CCs and if you are low it would be beneficial to not stay in that dead center stunned.

Its an annoying nuisance that it is mandatory to use invocation to have a reliable stunbreak. This atleast would give us an always available one.

I think that the change to Riposting Shadows would gut Shiro in PvP honestly. Having a 15 second cooldown on a legend that relies on active defense would leave it a sitting duck. I think Purifying Essence could use a stunbreak and the energy on Pain Absorption could be reduced to 30, but otherwise I don't think CC is necessarily an issue. Yes, you can get CC locked, but so can any class. I guess in a CC-heavy meta event you could always choose Jalis, Retribution, and/or Herald for lots of stab.

> @"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

> I think that the change to Riposting Shadows would gut Shiro in PvP honestly. Having a 15 second cooldown on a legend that relies on active defense would leave it a sitting duck. I think Purifying Essence could use a stunbreak and the energy on Pain Absorption could be reduced to 30, but otherwise I don't think CC is necessarily an issue. Yes, you can get CC locked, but so can any class. I guess in a CC-heavy meta event you could always choose Jalis, Retribution, and/or Herald for lots of stab.

This is atleast an honest reasonable answer. I wish they still could do something to give rev more choice to stunbreak, because Invocation is really good for that. A trait that would activate a stunbreak depending on your legend would be neat for example. But i guass you have a good point here with the long CD.

An overall energy reducement would be good though. at least in PvE.

> @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > @"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

> > I think that the change to Riposting Shadows would gut Shiro in PvP honestly. Having a 15 second cooldown on a legend that relies on active defense would leave it a sitting duck. I think Purifying Essence could use a stunbreak and the energy on Pain Absorption could be reduced to 30, but otherwise I don't think CC is necessarily an issue. Yes, you can get CC locked, but so can any class. I guess in a CC-heavy meta event you could always choose Jalis, Retribution, and/or Herald for lots of stab.

>

> This is atleast an honest reasonable answer. I wish they still could do something to give rev more choice to stunbreak, because Invocation is really good for that. A trait that would activate a stunbreak depending on your legend would be neat for example. But i guass you have a good point here with the long CD.

> An overall energy reducement would be good though. at least in PvE.

>

riposting shadows as it is now is incredibly good and completely worth the energy cost. If you're taking invocation and you swap from X legend to Shiro you can get pretty much 3 stunbreaks back to back: Swap to shiro (stunbreak), use Riposting Shadows (stunbreak + Evade + endurance gain), use Riposting Shadows again (you'll have enough energy for a 2nd one by the time you're done with the first if you really need the 3rd stunbreak). Not to mention that both riposting shadows give you endurance so as soon as you get .25seconds you can just dodge out of whatever is hitting you.

But also what other revenants have already said: don't get hit. Rev is really about being evasive or finding ways in your current setup to mitigate the damage/CCs (this is the case in all game modes for rev). You really don't want to get hit unless it's part of your plan or you have someway to deal with it. You should always use good positioning, good kiting, and good energy management if you want to succeed with the class. In fractals/raids you want to rely on your healers to do their job so you can dps harder, but you still need good positioning or else you'll be screwed.

> @"LucianTheAngelic.7054" said:

> > @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > > @"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

> > > I think that the change to Riposting Shadows would gut Shiro in PvP honestly. Having a 15 second cooldown on a legend that relies on active defense would leave it a sitting duck. I think Purifying Essence could use a stunbreak and the energy on Pain Absorption could be reduced to 30, but otherwise I don't think CC is necessarily an issue. Yes, you can get CC locked, but so can any class. I guess in a CC-heavy meta event you could always choose Jalis, Retribution, and/or Herald for lots of stab.

> >

> > This is atleast an honest reasonable answer. I wish they still could do something to give rev more choice to stunbreak, because Invocation is really good for that. A trait that would activate a stunbreak depending on your legend would be neat for example. But i guass you have a good point here with the long CD.

> > An overall energy reducement would be good though. at least in PvE.

> >

>

> riposting shadows as it is now is incredibly good and completely worth the energy cost. If you're taking invocation and you swap from X legend to Shiro you can get pretty much 3 stunbreaks back to back: Swap to shiro (stunbreak), use Riposting Shadows (stunbreak + Evade + endurance gain), use Riposting Shadows again (you'll have enough energy for a 2nd one by the time you're done with the first if you really need the 3rd stunbreak). Not to mention that both riposting shadows give you endurance so as soon as you get .25seconds you can just dodge out of whatever is hitting you.

>

> But also what other revenants have already said: don't get hit. Rev is really about being evasive or finding ways in your current setup to mitigate the damage/CCs (this is the case in all game modes for rev). You really don't want to get hit unless it's part of your plan or you have someway to deal with it. You should always use good positioning, good kiting, and good energy management if you want to succeed with the class. In fractals/raids you want to rely on your healers to do their job so you can dps harder, but you still need good positioning or else you'll be screwed.

Well i can see the potency of shiro here.

What about other legends? What do you think would be beneficial for them in regards to fight against CC?

I actually like ventari mainly because you can move the tablet completely indipendent from you. Still i think a supportive stunbreak on the tablet would benefit the legend.

And mallyx has a stunbreak on a skill you rarely use (mainly in PvE) and its energy cost is really high compared to its usefulness.

Shiro has atleast a decent stunbreak skill that can get you out if trubble.

And jallis has the "tankmode activated" elite skill which is not to shabby and its other effects do give the cost reasoning even if i think its still to high.

> @"Kravey.4563" said:

> > @"Justine.6351" said:

> > Um how about no?

> > Stop getting hit by cc.

>

> What about deleting stun breaks from the game and just "stop getting hit by cc" ????????????????

Its one thing to complain about where revenant stunbreaks are located within a build and another to suggest adding 15-30sec recharges to stunbreaks that currently have have zero cooldown.