Most unused weapons in GW2

Omnicron.2467

Ok so a few things before I start

1. I am talking about Meta builds mostly, indicating that you can use these weapons on classes not mentioned, but that there are alternatives which can perform the role better.

2. I know there is a difficulty in comparing how viable a weapon is when sword can be used by 8/9 professions, whereas rifle & longbow can only be used by three professsions

So while thinking about which legendary skins might be worth unlocking I started thinking of another topic altogether, which is how limited some weapons are in the game. Three weapons come to mind as seriously side-lined since they are only viable for use by one profession in one game mode:

1. Hammer: Only used by Revenant and only in WvW

2. Pistol: Only used by Thief in PvP (Or is Core Condition Engi still a thing?)

3. Focus: Only used by Mesmer in PvE, and only really in Raids & Fractals

4. Mace: Only used by Revenant I think

5. Longbow: Only used by Berserker (or are there good Longbow Ranger builds?)

Rifle almost made it, except that it is quite viable for thief in PvP and Engineer uses it (even though you are mostly using kits)

Just seems a bit sad to be if you put effort into an awesome looking Legandary like Hope but hardy get to use the skin.

What weapons do you think are the most underwhelming in their usefulness accross different professions?

Yeah I am mostly experienced in PvE, I have some experience in PvP, but not really in WvW, so I am glad to hear that my conclusions were incorrect since they were somewhat sad.

In your (collective) opinion then is there a weapon which matches my criteria or are all weapons in a rather good place?

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > Mace should be number one.

> >

> > Nobody uses it aside from Revenants. Nobody. It literally has no viable build on any other class that can equip it.

>

> Except warrior. And to a degree some support guardian builds. (oh wait that's all classes that use mace?)

My man, I main Warrior. Nobody uses it. Same thing with Guardian. I’m not talking about open world tomfoolery where literally any build works - read the opening post.

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > Mace should be number one.

> > >

> > > Nobody uses it aside from Revenants. Nobody. It literally has no viable build on any other class that can equip it.

> >

> > Except warrior. And to a degree some support guardian builds. (oh wait that's all classes that use mace?)

>

> My man, I main Warrior. Nobody uses it. Same thing with Guardian. I’m not talking about open world tomfoolery where literally any build works - read the opening post.

>

YOU don't use it... Mr. "I main warrior, therefore i'm an expert in the matter"...

As far as i know (being that i played a ton of it) Mace/Shield Berzerker was meta pre-PoF, and it's still the best choice for Berzerkers in PvP, if going for a more power damage focused build, axes might be a good alternative, but the condi/CC spam of mace berzerker is still pretty much unsurpassed. (Also it's the only rated build for bezerker in conquest on Metabattle).

- So **mace** is used in Meta builds by 2/3 classes that can use it.

For the rest of the weapons:

- **Hammer** is still pretty much the best (and only) ranged option for power revenant builds. So it's not only used on wvw. Also Radiant Hammer guardian build for PvP, pretty meta. Also Hammer is meta for Warrior WvW builds, and there's some scrapper builds using it.

Used by 4/4 classes that can use it.

- **Pistol** is meta for condi mirage, which was benchmarked at top 3 single target dpsers for this patch. It's also commonly used for thieves as you said. Condi engineers are falling out of use, but there's still a few, even in Raids.

Used by 3/3 classes that can use it.

- **Longbow** is used by condi zerkers and power rangers alike, in just about every game mode? Also a lot of DHs prefer LB to scepter, it's not meta for raids, but for other game modes it might be the better option because 1200 beats 900, so much that it's the meta weapon for meditrapper DH builds... And that's all LB users?

- **Focus** is meta on several guardian builds because of the sweet blocks. Meta for mesmer surely, and also used for several Ele builds.

Used by 3/4 classes that can use it.

- **Rifle** like longbow has 3 professions that can equip it, of which 2 of them use it plenty, while the third (warrior) doesn't afaik.

Used by 2/3 classes that can use it.

> @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> Torch.....

- **Torch** is used by guardians, Scourge, condi Mirage, condi soulbeast and some condi berzerker builds.

Used by 5/5 classes that can use it.

- **Axe** is used by warriors, Firebrands, Condi revs, power rangers and Mirage. Which means afaik, the only class that can wield Axe and doesn't use it is Necro.

Used by 5/6 classes that can use it.

- **Dagger** Is used by condi thieves (cond DD is the best dps build for thief, according to last benchmarks), Spellbreaker in pvp, Condi Soulbeast, Power Sword Weaver and condi Reaper.

Used by 5/5 classes that can use it.

- **Sword** is used by some condi Guard and DH, Condi Berzerker (current top cleave dps), Power Revenants, Weaver, i'ts a decent alternative to rifle for holosmith, used by mesmer, meta for druid and thief in pvp.

Used by 8/8 classes that can use it.

- **Scepter** is used by scourge and Guardian builds as meta, also for pvp weaver builds, although i use it in fractals, it's not meta for mesmer.

- **Shield** is used by chrono, Warrior and guardian for pvp and WvW, sometimes for herald builds, i don't think it's meta for engineer anywhere.

Used by 4/5 classes that can use it.

- **Warhorn** Is used by bunker druid in PvP, it's used in a second tier pve tempest build (staff is better), and is used in what might be becoming the new meta build for scourge in pvp.

- **Greatsword** It's a mainstay for DH, used in Warrior power builds, Power Shatter mesmers, and Reaper. Although it's stronger now for power Ranger it isn't very used.

Used by 4/5 classes that can use it.

- **Shortbow** is pretty much used by every class that can wield it. Used in condi soulbeast, used by thieves for mobility, (pretty much the second weapon for every thief build), and is used as ranged alternative for Renegades (although barely used, it will usually be the second weapon set for condi renegades)

- **Staff** Is used a lot by Guards in WvW for the swiftness and support. It's meta for power DD and Eles. It's also usually used as the second set for a lot of necro builds. Main weapon for Druid. It's meta for Mesmer in PvP and sometimes used for power revenants.

Used by 7/7 classes that can use it.

So except for underwater weapons, which aren't really meta anywhere, all weapons have pretty fair use.

This is due to the flexibility created by the different demands of each game mode, plus the variety of play-styles available to each profession due to the nature of the game, which was also increased with Elite Specs. Not all meta builds are equally meta, sure, for example the case for maces, most players that can will prefer to use Spellbreaker instead of Berzerker for PvP, but for the minority that don't have PoF but have HoT, that's still their meta alternative.

(To avoid personal bias i collated data from MetaBattle and Snowcrows for this list)

**TLDR:** Numerically Mace and Rifle are only used by two classes that can use them. But that's still 66% of the classes that can use it. So all weapons are pretty much well used in one game type or another.

_EDITED for some formating and clarity._

> > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > > Mace should be number one.

> > > >

> > > > Nobody uses it aside from Revenants. Nobody. It literally has no viable build on any other class that can equip it.

> > >

> > > Except warrior. And to a degree some support guardian builds. (oh wait that's all classes that use mace?)

> >

> > My man, I main Warrior. Nobody uses it. Same thing with Guardian. I’m not talking about open world tomfoolery where literally any build works - read the opening post.

> >

>

> YOU don't use it... Mr. "I main warrior, therefore i'm an expert in the matter"...

> As far as i know (being that i played a ton of it) Mace/Shield Berzerker was meta pre-PoF, and it's still the best choice for Berzerkers in PvP, if going for a more power damage focused build, axes might be a good alternative, but the condi/CC spam of mace berzerker is still pretty much unsurpassed. (Also it's the only rated build for bezerker in conquest on Metabattle).

> - So **mace** is used in Meta builds by 2/3 classes that can use it.

>

> For the rest of the weapons:

> - **Hammer** is still pretty much the best (and only) ranged option for power revenant builds. So it's not only used on wvw. Also Radiant Hammer guardian build for PvP, pretty meta. Also Hammer is meta for Warrior WvW builds, and there's some scrapper builds using it.

> Used by 4/4 classes that can use it.

>

> - **Pistol** is meta for condi mirage, which was benchmarked at top 3 single target dpsers for this patch. It's also commonly used for thieves as you said. Condi engineers are falling out of use, but there's still a few, even in Raids.

> Used by 3/3 classes that can use it.

>

> - **Longbow** is used by condi zerkers and power rangers alike, in just about every game mode? Also a lot of DHs prefer LB to scepter, it's not meta for raids, but for other game modes it might be the better option because 1200 beats 900, so much that it's the meta weapon for meditrapper DH builds... And that's all LB users?

>

> - **Focus** is meta on several guardian builds because of the sweet blocks. Meta for mesmer surely, and also used for several Ele builds.

> Used by 3/4 classes that can use it.

>

> - **Rifle** like longbow has 3 professions that can equip it, of which 2 of them use it plenty, while the third (warrior) doesn't afaik.

> Used by 2/3 classes that can use it.

>

> > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > Torch.....

>

> - **Torch** is used by guardians, Scourge, condi Mirage, condi soulbeast and some condi berzerker builds.

> Used by 5/5 classes that can use it.

>

> - **Axe** is used by warriors, Firebrands, Condi revs, power rangers and Mirage. Which means afaik, the only class that can wield Axe and doesn't use it is Necro.

> Used by 5/6 classes that can use it.

>

> - **Dagger** Is used by condi thieves (cond DD is the best dps build for thief, according to last benchmarks), Spellbreaker in pvp, Condi Soulbeast, Power Sword Weaver and condi Reaper.

>

> - **Sword** is used by some condi Guard and DH, Condi Berzerker (current top cleave dps), Power Revenants, Weaver, i'ts a decent alternative to rifle for holosmith, used by mesmer, meta for druid and thief in pvp.

> Used by 8/8 classes that can use it.

>

> - **Scepter** is used by scourge and Guardian builds as meta, also for pvp weaver builds, although i use it in fractals, it's not meta for mesmer.

>

> - **Shield** is used by chrono, Warrior and guardian for pvp and WvW, sometimes for herald builds, i don't think it's meta for engineer anywhere.

> Used by 4/5 classes that can use it.

>

> - **Warhorn** Is used by bunker druid in PvP, it's used in a second tier pve tempest build (staff is better), and is used in what might be becoming the new meta build for scourge in pvp.

>

> - **Greatsword** It's a mainstay for DH, used in Warrior power builds, Power Shatter mesmers, and Reaper. Although it's stronger now for power Ranger it isn't very used.

>

> - **Shortbow** is pretty much used by every class that can wield it. Used in condi soulbeast, used by thieves for mobility, (pretty much the second weapon for every thief build), and is used as ranged alternative for Renegades (although barely used, it will usually be the second weapon set for condi renegades)

>

> - **Staff** Is used a lot by Guards in WvW for the swiftness and support. It's meta for power DD and Eles. It's also usually used as the second set for a lot of necro builds. Main weapon for Druid. It's meta for Mesmer in PvP and sometimes used for power revenants.

> Used by 7/7 classes that can use it.

>

> So except for underwater weapons, which aren't really meta anywhere, all weapons have pretty fair use.

> This is due to the flexibility created by the different demands of each game mode, plus the variety of play-styles available to each profession due to the nature of the game, which was also increased with Elite Specs. Not all meta builds are equally meta, sure, for example the case for maces, most players that can will prefer to use Spellbreaker instead of Berzerker for PvP, but for the minority that don't have PoF but have HoT, that's still their meta alternative.

>

> (To avoid personal bias i collated data from MetaBattle and Snowcrows for this list)

>

>

> **TLDR:** Numerically Mace and Rifle are only used by two classes that can use them. But that's still 66% of the classes that can use it. So all weapons are pretty much well used in one game type or another.

>

>

> _EDITED for some formating and clarity._

Wow, great post, thanks for the info

Rifle really out to be on the list as its overall worse on every class that can use it aside from Engineer.

No thief worth their salt is taking this seriously into any mode and no warrior even realizes that they have a rifle even after the rework it got to be "less" horrible.

It's quite honestly such a bad weapon that we'll likely never see another class get it as an elite spec weapon.

This all just comes down to personal flavour.. not everyone builds for meta, they build for fun and for experimentation to learn the skills, the coverage and the reads.

Every weapon has its use, some more than others.. that's the beauty of having choice in build specs and skills.. what one person likes another hates - nothing new there.

> > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > > Mace should be number one.

> > > >

> > > > Nobody uses it aside from Revenants. Nobody. It literally has no viable build on any other class that can equip it.

> > >

> > > Except warrior. And to a degree some support guardian builds. (oh wait that's all classes that use mace?)

> >

> > My man, I main Warrior. Nobody uses it. Same thing with Guardian. I’m not talking about open world tomfoolery where literally any build works - read the opening post.

> >

>

> YOU don't use it... Mr. "I main warrior, therefore i'm an expert in the matter"...

> As far as i know (being that i played a ton of it) Mace/Shield Berzerker was meta pre-PoF, and it's still the best choice for Berzerkers in PvP, if going for a more power damage focused build, axes might be a good alternative, but the condi/CC spam of mace berzerker is still pretty much unsurpassed. (Also it's the only rated build for bezerker in conquest on Metabattle).

> - So **mace** is used in Meta builds by 2/3 classes that can use it.

>

> For the rest of the weapons:

> - **Hammer** is still pretty much the best (and only) ranged option for power revenant builds. So it's not only used on wvw. Also Radiant Hammer guardian build for PvP, pretty meta. Also Hammer is meta for Warrior WvW builds, and there's some scrapper builds using it.

> Used by 4/4 classes that can use it.

>

> - **Pistol** is meta for condi mirage, which was benchmarked at top 3 single target dpsers for this patch. It's also commonly used for thieves as you said. Condi engineers are falling out of use, but there's still a few, even in Raids.

>

> - **Longbow** is used by condi zerkers and power rangers alike, in just about every game mode? Also a lot of DHs prefer LB to scepter, it's not meta for raids, but for other game modes it might be the better option because 1200 beats 900, so much that it's the meta weapon for meditrapper DH builds... And that's all LB users?

>

> - **Focus** is meta on several guardian builds because of the sweet blocks. Meta for mesmer surely, and also used for several Ele builds.

>

> - **Rifle** like longbow has 3 professions that can equip it, of which 2 of them use it plenty, while the third (warrior) doesn't afaik.

> Used by 2/3 classes that can use it.

>

> > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > Torch.....

>

> - **Torch** is used by guardians, Scourge, condi Mirage, condi soulbeast and some condi berzerker builds.

>

> - **Axe** is used by warriors, Firebrands, Condi revs, power rangers and Mirage. Which means afaik, the only class that can wield Axe and doesn't use it is Necro.

> Used by 5/6 classes that can use it.

>

> - **Dagger** Is used by condi thieves (cond DD is the best dps build for thief, according to last benchmarks), Spellbreaker in pvp, Condi Soulbeast, Power Sword Weaver and condi Reaper.

>

> - **Sword** is used by some condi Guard and DH, Condi Berzerker (current top cleave dps), Power Revenants, Weaver, i'ts a decent alternative to rifle for holosmith, used by mesmer, meta for druid and thief in pvp.

> Used by 8/8 classes that can use it.

>

> - **Scepter** is used by scourge and Guardian builds as meta, also for pvp weaver builds, although i use it in fractals, it's not meta for mesmer.

>

> - **Shield** is used by chrono, Warrior and guardian for pvp and WvW, sometimes for herald builds, i don't think it's meta for engineer anywhere.

>

> - **Warhorn** Is used by bunker druid in PvP, it's used in a second tier pve tempest build (staff is better), and is used in what might be becoming the new meta build for scourge in pvp.

>

> - **Greatsword** It's a mainstay for DH, used in Warrior power builds, Power Shatter mesmers, and Reaper. Although it's stronger now for power Ranger it isn't very used.

>

> - **Shortbow** is pretty much used by every class that can wield it. Used in condi soulbeast, used by thieves for mobility, (pretty much the second weapon for every thief build), and is used as ranged alternative for Renegades (although barely used, it will usually be the second weapon set for condi renegades)

>

> - **Staff** Is used a lot by Guards in WvW for the swiftness and support. It's meta for power DD and Eles. It's also usually used as the second set for a lot of necro builds. Main weapon for Druid. It's meta for Mesmer in PvP and sometimes used for power revenants.

> Used by 7/7 classes that can use it.

>

> So except for underwater weapons, which aren't really meta anywhere, all weapons have pretty fair use.

> This is due to the flexibility created by the different demands of each game mode, plus the variety of play-styles available to each profession due to the nature of the game, which was also increased with Elite Specs. Not all meta builds are equally meta, sure, for example the case for maces, most players that can will prefer to use Spellbreaker instead of Berzerker for PvP, but for the minority that don't have PoF but have HoT, that's still their meta alternative.

>

> (To avoid personal bias i collated data from MetaBattle and Snowcrows for this list)

>

>

> **TLDR:** Numerically Mace and Rifle are only used by two classes that can use them. But that's still 66% of the classes that can use it. So all weapons are pretty much well used in one game type or another.

>

>

> _EDITED for some formating and clarity._

The real Tldr, I'm nit picky because the word nobody is subjective and every weapon is used by someone.

Rewind there cowboy. Let's rephrase to weapons that are relevant and useful.

Mace on guardian is only useful to the guardian alone.

Longbow is only useful to really bad PvE bearbow spammers.

> @"Nick Lentz.6982" said:

> > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > > > Mace should be number one.

> > > > >

> > > > > Nobody uses it aside from Revenants. Nobody. It literally has no viable build on any other class that can equip it.

> > > >

> > > > Except warrior. And to a degree some support guardian builds. (oh wait that's all classes that use mace?)

> > >

> > > My man, I main Warrior. Nobody uses it. Same thing with Guardian. I’m not talking about open world tomfoolery where literally any build works - read the opening post.

> > >

> >

> > YOU don't use it... Mr. "I main warrior, therefore i'm an expert in the matter"...

> > As far as i know (being that i played a ton of it) Mace/Shield Berzerker was meta pre-PoF, and it's still the best choice for Berzerkers in PvP, if going for a more power damage focused build, axes might be a good alternative, but the condi/CC spam of mace berzerker is still pretty much unsurpassed. (Also it's the only rated build for bezerker in conquest on Metabattle).

> > - So **mace** is used in Meta builds by 2/3 classes that can use it.

> >

> > For the rest of the weapons:

> > - **Hammer** is still pretty much the best (and only) ranged option for power revenant builds. So it's not only used on wvw. Also Radiant Hammer guardian build for PvP, pretty meta. Also Hammer is meta for Warrior WvW builds, and there's some scrapper builds using it.

> > Used by 4/4 classes that can use it.

> >

> > - **Pistol** is meta for condi mirage, which was benchmarked at top 3 single target dpsers for this patch. It's also commonly used for thieves as you said. Condi engineers are falling out of use, but there's still a few, even in Raids.

> > Used by 3/3 classes that can use it.

> >

> > - **Longbow** is used by condi zerkers and power rangers alike, in just about every game mode? Also a lot of DHs prefer LB to scepter, it's not meta for raids, but for other game modes it might be the better option because 1200 beats 900, so much that it's the meta weapon for meditrapper DH builds... And that's all LB users?

> >

> > - **Focus** is meta on several guardian builds because of the sweet blocks. Meta for mesmer surely, and also used for several Ele builds.

> > Used by 3/4 classes that can use it.

> >

> > - **Rifle** like longbow has 3 professions that can equip it, of which 2 of them use it plenty, while the third (warrior) doesn't afaik.

> > Used by 2/3 classes that can use it.

> >

> > > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > > Torch.....

> >

> > - **Torch** is used by guardians, Scourge, condi Mirage, condi soulbeast and some condi berzerker builds.

> > Used by 5/5 classes that can use it.

> >

> > - **Axe** is used by warriors, Firebrands, Condi revs, power rangers and Mirage. Which means afaik, the only class that can wield Axe and doesn't use it is Necro.

> > Used by 5/6 classes that can use it.

> >

> > - **Dagger** Is used by condi thieves (cond DD is the best dps build for thief, according to last benchmarks), Spellbreaker in pvp, Condi Soulbeast, Power Sword Weaver and condi Reaper.

> > Used by 5/5 classes that can use it.

> >

> > - **Sword** is used by some condi Guard and DH, Condi Berzerker (current top cleave dps), Power Revenants, Weaver, i'ts a decent alternative to rifle for holosmith, used by mesmer, meta for druid and thief in pvp.

> > Used by 8/8 classes that can use it.

> >

> > - **Scepter** is used by scourge and Guardian builds as meta, also for pvp weaver builds, although i use it in fractals, it's not meta for mesmer.

> >

> > - **Shield** is used by chrono, Warrior and guardian for pvp and WvW, sometimes for herald builds, i don't think it's meta for engineer anywhere.

> > Used by 4/5 classes that can use it.

> >

> > - **Warhorn** Is used by bunker druid in PvP, it's used in a second tier pve tempest build (staff is better), and is used in what might be becoming the new meta build for scourge in pvp.

> >

> > - **Greatsword** It's a mainstay for DH, used in Warrior power builds, Power Shatter mesmers, and Reaper. Although it's stronger now for power Ranger it isn't very used.

> > Used by 4/5 classes that can use it.

> >

> > - **Shortbow** is pretty much used by every class that can wield it. Used in condi soulbeast, used by thieves for mobility, (pretty much the second weapon for every thief build), and is used as ranged alternative for Renegades (although barely used, it will usually be the second weapon set for condi renegades)

> >

> > - **Staff** Is used a lot by Guards in WvW for the swiftness and support. It's meta for power DD and Eles. It's also usually used as the second set for a lot of necro builds. Main weapon for Druid. It's meta for Mesmer in PvP and sometimes used for power revenants.

> > Used by 7/7 classes that can use it.

> >

> > So except for underwater weapons, which aren't really meta anywhere, all weapons have pretty fair use.

> > This is due to the flexibility created by the different demands of each game mode, plus the variety of play-styles available to each profession due to the nature of the game, which was also increased with Elite Specs. Not all meta builds are equally meta, sure, for example the case for maces, most players that can will prefer to use Spellbreaker instead of Berzerker for PvP, but for the minority that don't have PoF but have HoT, that's still their meta alternative.

> >

> > (To avoid personal bias i collated data from MetaBattle and Snowcrows for this list)

> >

> >

> > **TLDR:** Numerically Mace and Rifle are only used by two classes that can use them. But that's still 66% of the classes that can use it. So all weapons are pretty much well used in one game type or another.

> >

> >

> > _EDITED for some formating and clarity._

>

> The real Tldr, I'm nit picky because the word nobody is subjective and every weapon is used by someone.

>

> Rewind there cowboy. Let's rephrase to weapons that are relevant and useful.

> Mace on guardian is only useful to the guardian alone.

> Longbow is only useful to really bad PvE bearbow spammers.

1) When i said nobody i mean no meta builds anywhere use them (taking the meta or top scored builds for each profession on meta-battle), but you're right, it was late, and i actually missed a build that uses GS on druid with a 89 score, which is also the highest rated for core ranger, using LB and GS in PvP.

2) That's why it says mace 2/3 and not Mace 3/3. Because there's no meta builds with mace, anywhere. Also Guardian mace is a support tool for others, every single skill has a supportive effect on other players. 3rd Auto heals allies, #2 regens allies, and #3 gives aegis and protection to allies. So maybe learn the classes before trying to countermand other people.

3) Longbow is used by "bearbow" users (idk why you'd call it spammers, also bears are awesome for open world pvp, excluding bounties there's no champion or below that can't be soloed by a "bearbow", dunno what your problem is with it, but if it works, it works) and other power ranger builds.

I would say even with meta builds the most unused weapons in this game have to be that circus set... :)

ReaverKane, thanks for that post. I found it very informative.

Omnicron, I will say that I wish warrior rifle was different. I don't know how it should be different, but when you said "underwhelming" that is what came to mind.

We had a similar approach arround the first half of 2016. With the release of Chuka and Champawat and the official annoucement, that this weapon would have been the last of the 2nd lengendary weapon set. We know by now, that this was not the case. But there was a popular discussion on the forums complaining about the cancellation of the project and why the 2nd set included a short-bow, the MOST USELESS weapon in the entire game (back then).

So I am a little surprised, that the shortbow is not on your list. Surprisingly the longbow is now. Most of the entires on your list indicate a tunnel viewed perspective of a single-class player. It is totally acceptable to stick to a single class and ignore the rest, but do not judge about the usefulness of other classes weapons. And stuff like "(Or is Core Condition Engi still a thing?)" and "(or are there good Longbow Ranger builds?)" are proof to me that you do not play them enough to be certain about your statement.

This game lives from diversity. According to the likes of you, everyone should play only the meta-builds and the top 3 or 5 dps classes with the ultimate rotations. It might be most efficient, but it is boring. This is a game, we are here to have fun. Well, most of us.

tl&dr: Only because something is rarely used, it does not mean it is useless.

Builds change, however slightly, with each balance patch. I think its more meaningful to talk about what weapons can be used by most classes, and then a class by class breakdown of how often each weapon is used.

So shortbow and rifle would take the lead, with the fewest number of professions that can use them, followed by hammer I think.