Next elite spec weapon

BobbyT.7192

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bladedancer seems like a neat idea. Thief off-hand Sword could provide the Thief with blocks, retaliation, AoE twirls. Utility Skills could be Stances, which would work with the duelist power fantasy of the e-spec. Maybe replace steal with a quasi-berserk/celestial ability that has to be ramped-up before use: bladedance?

Alternatively, I would like to possibly see ANet explore the possibility of a Thief support build. Not sure if I would go with the popularly suggested Bard though, as that is probably too conceptually close to the base Mesmer. There is not a shortage of magic-oriented skill types (e.g., glyphs, mantras, meditations, etc.) so that is flexible depending on how they would potentially want to do this. Same with weapons, likely either focus, scepter, and torch.

The next elite spec will be something once again in the COMPLETE OPPOSITE DIRECTION of what an assassin/stealth class should be. It will only be more Circus Acrobat 1-5 skills that are crap so you have to play the card game because of all the defense skills so you watch condi and buff cards on your screen so you can find an opening instead of being a real ninja and using positional play to deal deadly damage. Sorry I never got into card games.

And then probably there will be this weird flippy that's not really intended that will make thief feel more viable but its not really kinda like the turn camera/rifle port silly stuff or the face stab shadow shot cancellation.

Basically they trying to force all the condi/buff/invuln wait and bait play which boring as all heck and thats WHY I DON'T PLAY WVW OR SPVP ANYMORE CAUSE ITS CRAP.