Are you excited for Path of Fire?

DBZVelena.5186

> @DBZVelena.5186 said:

> > @TheGrimm.5624 said:

> > 10 days, nuff said.

>

> Is that your count down, how long you'll take to finish it. or your estimate on how fast people will burn through the content.

10 days till its out, and excited about that. How fast people finish it. I know various types. I figure it will range from 2 days to 2 years. Each to their own. Not planning on rushing thru it though and still have plenty to do in game currently. But looking forward to more alts and see how that mixes things up.

> @Anela.3867 said:

> I love polls!! Let's vote on everything!!!

I would but so far, i'm the only one who found the poll option.

Its hidden by the big red Discussion v button.

If you click on the V, you get a drop down and it lets you pick what typ of discussion you want to post.

Polls is one of the options.

> @TheOneWhoSighs.7513 said:

> I voted cheese, because I'm kind of neutral in regards to path of fire at the moment.

>

> I'm certainly not hyped for it, but I'm not absolutely trashing it either.

I can understand that. I'm not on any train either. Hype or otherwise. I think its because it feels to me that Arena-net hasn't done a lot of promo work. relying way to much on word of mouth. which does work. But its not better than traditional promoting a game. Just cheaper. Though it might be that A-net blew all their PoF money on making it and now don't have anything for promo work left. XD

Won't stop me from playing the hell out of it once its live though.

> @NagayaX.1904 said:

> I'm wandering through core Tyria looking at a lot of places and wondering how fun it would be to ride there with the mounts... But before that I get an awesome desert to explore! I can't wait!

There's a broken bridge in Brisban Wildlands (northwest-ish of Seanan's Bandits) and it looks like a good place for the Raptor or Springer Mount to be used. I'm really hoping that this might be incorporated into Path of Fire somehow. I guess we'll see.

> @DBZVelena.5186 said:

> There are some core tyria mastery points that you can only get to by using a mount that i really want to get.

> one is in Orr. If you do elder wood farming, you know which i mean.

If you're referring to Malchor's Leap Insight: Scavenger's Chasm, that is currently accessible without a mount. If you're looking to get there, you may also be able to find a Mesmer to port you either in the LFG panel or Malchor's Leap map-chat.

I am looking forward to it. I'm very curious about the mount system and I hope I like it. I'd love to ride mounts and move faster, especially in the Central Tyria maps. I still like to play in those. I really hope they avoid some of the more frustrating aspects about HoT maps. Things like maps that time out (Dragon's Stand) and maps that need story completion and/or meta event completion in order to actually get 100% on the map. I'm also hoping I can solo most of the Hero Challenges on the new maps, too.

The withdraaaawaaaalllls, I need my "Skales" he needs to be fed at least once per day he is starving with out me :'( need back in PoF! need back in PoF! <3 <3 I am soooo hyped for PoF! Can't wait to see how the changes made from Free Preview & Stress Tests altered what we will get, not to mention the rest of the content to play. Expect that the loot drops will go down a bit, they always seem higher in Beta's / Free Previews. I can't wait to see where in the world the maps line up with the rest of Tyria. Going to be loads of fun! We've hired a Juvenile Tyrian sitter for our munchkins and as a late B-Day gift my wife is taking the day off so we will be up bright and early =)

I had to vote Cheese. I'm not so excited it requires an all-caps mad YES!!!, nor am I unmoved by the prospect which a "No?" would indicate. Despite initial reservations, I went ahead and pre-purchased, simply because I like the mount concept, and despite the fact I hate desert/wasteland/bleh terrains, I want to get exploring those place I couldn't get to in the stress tests. If you'd asked if I was specifically hyped for the story, or for elite specs, I would be in the no camp. But as it is, I'd own to a low-level politely interested excitement. So, Cheese.

Archived