Ley-Line Crystals

sheppyk.4810

I am on my new character, a Rev, and trying to unlock all the Mistward gear as it looks the best in my opinion.

I have got to the part where i need Ley-line crystals.... I don't have a clue how to get these, i see you can get them in the cache pods, but in order to open them you need the Acid right, but to buy the acid you need Ley-line crystals??

I'm confused, how do i get them....

> @"sheppyk.4810" said:

> Can you buy the bags or crates they come in?

Nope, just have to play the events. TD is confusing to get around in, but once you have the waypoints, it's easy to get to where the event trains start. The event trains are mostly localized, so you can follow one event after another without much navigation trouble if you get there at the start.

In Rata Novus, you help Tildi activate ancient Asuran technology.

In the Nuhoch area, you help raise battle beetles.

In the Ogre area you help them to deal with wildlife and try to get killer pets.

In the S.C.A.R. area, you help the crashed chopper crew to build weapons and defenses.

As more events are completed, more crystallized supply caches appear, until the main lanes to the Ley Line Confluence area are full of them (before the meta, which resets everything.)

By the way, toward the end of Tildi's Rata Novus quests you get access to an upstairs chamber with a printer in it, and can print out one Asura book per day. Once all of them have been printed, you get an achievement (and a mini) which are required if you ever want to craft Astralaia, so if you are thinking of ever making that legendary axe, or want a mini, or just happen to be re-doing Rata Novus regularly, you may as well pop in and print something out.

> @"sheppyk.4810" said:

> I am on my new character, a Rev, and trying to unlock all the Mistward gear as it looks the best in my opinion.

>

> I have got to the part where i need Ley-line crystals.... I don't have a clue how to get these, i see you can get them in the cache pods, but in order to open them you need the Acid right, but to buy the acid you need Ley-line crystals??

>

> I'm confused, how do i get them....

Do the meta once per day and upon the chest reward's selection chose the box with ley lines and acid.

> @"sheppyk.4810" said:

> I'm guessing i need bouncing mushrooms, gliding and the other masteries unlocked before i can do the events??

HoT presupposes that you can glide, since you learn that in Chapter 1 of the story. Some of the events require other masteries, yes. Bouncing mushrooms should be your first priority after learning to glide, and other glider masteries will also make the rest of your HoT experience easier. Nuhoch wallows are also useful, but not as necessary as gliding and bouncy shrooms.