Living World Season 1 - Should it be back?

Lonami.2987

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst I agree it should be back, let’s not overplay any notion of story. There were three major complaints about ls1 throughout the time

- temporary nature

- Scarlet and her lack of backstory

- A complete lack of story

The latter was so noticeable Anet had to reassure us multiple times there was a payoff coming and that they hadn’t really done enough with the story.

Ls1 was mostly big set piece events, world bosses and festivals.

The actual story we did get was in tiny chunks, disjointed and instanced content wise would make up maybe 1-2 episodes today. LS1 successes were purely event based and those were fun but not really replicable out of context - hence why we have a Nightmare Tower fractal almost entirely unrelated to the original.

It’s a shame it has gone, but whatever was good about ls1 can’t be brought back by its very nature. It needs redoing into a solo campaign and that means basically writing and designing from scratch

• 5 months later...

As someone who just completed Season 2 and Heart of Thorns and had to struggle to piece together the reasons I should care about the new cast of people my character "met" without me (whose backstories are no longer available and aren't explained in that short, short cinematic,) I would like to see something like condensed chapters of instances like those we have for the other seasons that introduce those characters and at least let me see some interactions with them. There's constant references to "remember when we..." that are jarring to follow when newer content is referencing stuff that I can never see without watching a 3+ hour-long video (which imo isn't much of a solution, as again, *I* wasn't there, Rox. Or at least I don't remember it.) I don't much care about experiencing the cool boss fights I forgot from back when (those can be and are in Fractals anyway,) but it would be nice to see the new cast in an actual introduction besides the "Remember me?" transition when I'm going through the entire story, and the final fight with Scarlet (which had a lot of good story content, from what I remember.) At the least, what I want to see is a brief, playable introduction to the Season 2 cast that makes me not want to throw them all off a cliff to save me the pain of listening to a video with (ew) commentary voice-overs to figure out that there's more to them than just being random Pact members.