Shade skills 'broken'

Birdi.4629

> @"Birdi.4629" said:

> Just btw, if you use shade skills 1-4 and you end up being in mid air/jump after the 0.5 sec cast time, nothing happens. All the effects just vanish, no barrier, no fear, no cleanse etc. Pretty sure it's indeed not intended.

I already wondered why sometimes my cleanses and barrier didn't work

> @"Adenin.5973" said:

> > @"Birdi.4629" said:

> > Just btw, if you use shade skills 1-4 and you end up being in mid air/jump after the 0.5 sec cast time, nothing happens. All the effects just vanish, no barrier, no fear, no cleanse etc. Pretty sure it's indeed not intended.

>

> I already wondered why sometimes my cleanses and barrier didn't work

If you don't have Sand Savant, that could just be caused by you casting them on the move. That .5 second delay is enough that you're out of the AoE if you are moving with Swiftness. Yes, even the one centered on you.

> @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > @"Adenin.5973" said:

> > > @"Birdi.4629" said:

> > > Just btw, if you use shade skills 1-4 and you end up being in mid air/jump after the 0.5 sec cast time, nothing happens. All the effects just vanish, no barrier, no fear, no cleanse etc. Pretty sure it's indeed not intended.

> >

> > I already wondered why sometimes my cleanses and barrier didn't work

>

> If you don't have Sand Savant, that could just be caused by you casting them on the move. That .5 second delay is enough that you're out of the AoE if you are moving with Swiftness. Yes, even the one centered on you.

Yea no that's not how shades work at all

> @"Birdi.4629" said:

> > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > @"Adenin.5973" said:

> > > > @"Birdi.4629" said:

> > > > Just btw, if you use shade skills 1-4 and you end up being in mid air/jump after the 0.5 sec cast time, nothing happens. All the effects just vanish, no barrier, no fear, no cleanse etc. Pretty sure it's indeed not intended.

> > >

> > > I already wondered why sometimes my cleanses and barrier didn't work

> >

> > If you don't have Sand Savant, that could just be caused by you casting them on the move. That .5 second delay is enough that you're out of the AoE if you are moving with Swiftness. Yes, even the one centered on you.

>

> Yea no that's not how shades work at all

Unfortunately, it is. The location of the pulse is determined when you activate the skill, not when it actually goes off. Scourge can actually avoid its own F2+F3 without Sand Savant.

Now, the Jump bug that you mention is probably also true.

If it is really related to being in air while activating I have not much hope of them fixing this soon. The Soulbeast spec has an issue where your pet gets stowed away and you get kicked out of beastmode with an 9sec cd when you're in beastmode and dismount in air.

There are probably more skills or mechanics that are buggy or have problems when used in mid air. So far I don't remember any bug fix for these things and I doubt we'll see one soon, because this seems to me like it could be a general problem of the engine or at least how the skills and their animations in general are handled/set up.

But if you want to bring attention to things like these, try to reproduce this bug and then report it via the ingame tool, I'll do the same when I log in next time.

> @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > @"Birdi.4629" said:

> > > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > > @"Adenin.5973" said:

> > > > > @"Birdi.4629" said:

> > > > > Just btw, if you use shade skills 1-4 and you end up being in mid air/jump after the 0.5 sec cast time, nothing happens. All the effects just vanish, no barrier, no fear, no cleanse etc. Pretty sure it's indeed not intended.

> > > >

> > > > I already wondered why sometimes my cleanses and barrier didn't work

> > >

> > > If you don't have Sand Savant, that could just be caused by you casting them on the move. That .5 second delay is enough that you're out of the AoE if you are moving with Swiftness. Yes, even the one centered on you.

> >

> > Yea no that's not how shades work at all

>

> Unfortunately, it is. The location of the pulse is determined when you activate the skill, not when it actually goes off. Scourge can actually avoid its own F2+F3 without Sand Savant.

>

> Now, the Jump bug that you mention is probably also true.

Well. I didnt encounter or notice this problem. Even in raids where small shade is used, i never had problems with f-skills while moving and not getting their effects