PvP/WvW Skill Split Release

Gaile Gray.6029

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Druid has a hard enough time in WvW. The issue is not the cd of getting astral form, the amount of healing, or stuff like that. Most people complain about druid because we have good mobility and we have good lockdown ability. Maybe tweak Ancient Seeds and/or celestial shadow, the abilities that people actually struggle against. Making us less effective to a group only furthers the historic problem of rangers and druids not being wanted. Also, despite wanting to see scourges wiped from the face of this game altogether, I think the same issues that you've done with druids can be seen with scourges. Changing cooldowns doesn't fix the problem, it just makes things slower. You aren't addressing the issue that scourges can cover a crap load of space in a battle area, pretty much unmatched, especially in WvW group fights. It is no longer about skill or sustain or tactics, it's about who has more scourges and/or who can outcleanse the other for longer. Nerfing healing classes like druid only worsens this problem.

> @"Americium.7182" said:

> **Ele**: both staff dps and aurashare support see almost no play, really need some buffs.

What tier are you in where you do not see staff dps? Tier8?

Tier 1 and 2 shows numerous meteor showers on every keep wall trying to build arrow carts...

@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" splitting Druid between PvP and WvW won't make any difference on its standing, and that goes for any other support oriented class, until you Nerf Firebrand.

Guardian in general will always be a best in slot pick until something else can share stability, cleanse conditions, and Heal. Firebrand does all of those things at an extreme level, and until you have stability sharing, cleansing, and healing from on a different class and at a comparative frequency and level, no other support will be viable in WvW.

This has never been addressed though, and with the development of Firebrand and what it indicates, it probably never will be, so nothing else will ever compete with Firebrand.

Druid in Tempest will never be competitive (again) in WvW because of this.

Just my 2 cents, the changes seem to be in the right direction! I am curious, in particular for me, I have always wanted more play to counterbalance stealth in the game. I have always liked the idea of Revealed being boosted big time in PvP and WvW because revealing things in PvE is not that important. When you look at the high mobility of many invisible classes either through teleporting, dodging, boost speeds etc., the Revealed radius of skills and general ineffectiveness seem to be unable to do anything major against invisible players. I am not sure of all the different ways you could go about doing this, but maybe by increasing the radius of reveal skills from a very short 360 radius to something much larger and more effective, and/or reducing the recharge on revealed skills and/or including Revealed in more skills more PvP and WvW that include targetable and AOE skills would be nice. I dont mind wasting a skill slot on a revealed skill, I just want it to be effective and usable. Just something to provide more counterplay and counterbalance to stealth. Either way though, thanks for taking the time to discuss and interact with the community! We do appreciate it!

> @"MuscleBobBuffPants.1406" said:

> Just my 2 cents, the changes seem to be in the right direction! I am curious, in particular for me, I have always wanted more play to counterbalance stealth in the game. I have always liked the idea of Revealed being boosted big time in PvP and WvW because revealing things in PvE is not that important. When you look at the high mobility of many invisible classes either through teleporting, dodging, boost speeds etc., the Revealed radius of skills and general ineffectiveness seem to be unable to do anything major against invisible players. I am not sure of all the different ways you could go about doing this, but maybe by increasing the radius of reveal skills from a very short 360 radius to something much larger and more effective, and/or reducing the recharge on revealed skills and/or including Revealed in more skills more PvP and WvW that include targetable and AOE skills would be nice. I dont mind wasting a skill slot on a revealed skill, I just want it to be effective and usable. Just something to provide more counterplay and counterbalance to stealth. Either way though, thanks for taking the time to discuss and interact with the community! We do appreciate it!

Though it may not be possible with this kind of skill split, they could always rework skills that apply "revealed" to opponents with a "perceptive" type buff that allows the user to see stealthed opponents rather than aim to reveal opponents altogether. Such a change would allow these skills to be an actual counter to stealth, rather than a hindrance to the act of stealthing. I dunno, something to discuss.

> @"Allarius.5670" said:

> > @"MuscleBobBuffPants.1406" said:

> > Just my 2 cents, the changes seem to be in the right direction! I am curious, in particular for me, I have always wanted more play to counterbalance stealth in the game. I have always liked the idea of Revealed being boosted big time in PvP and WvW because revealing things in PvE is not that important. When you look at the high mobility of many invisible classes either through teleporting, dodging, boost speeds etc., the Revealed radius of skills and general ineffectiveness seem to be unable to do anything major against invisible players. I am not sure of all the different ways you could go about doing this, but maybe by increasing the radius of reveal skills from a very short 360 radius to something much larger and more effective, and/or reducing the recharge on revealed skills and/or including Revealed in more skills more PvP and WvW that include targetable and AOE skills would be nice. I dont mind wasting a skill slot on a revealed skill, I just want it to be effective and usable. Just something to provide more counterplay and counterbalance to stealth. Either way though, thanks for taking the time to discuss and interact with the community! We do appreciate it!

>

> Though it may not be possible with this kind of skill split, they could always rework skills that apply "revealed" to opponents with a "perceptive" type buff that allows the user to see stealthed opponents rather than aim to reveal opponents altogether. Such a change would allow these skills to be an actual counter to stealth, rather than a hindrance to the act of stealthing. I dunno, something to discuss.

Great idea! I really like that! Exactly, just as a form of counterbalance. For me games that provides skills and counter skills are always the most fun because you never feel over or underpowered. I actually think it will be more fun for both stealthers and non stealthers because it will provide that more cat and mouse , tit for tat kind of game.

> @"jcbroe.4329" said:

> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" splitting Druid between PvP and WvW won't make any difference on its standing, and that goes for any other support oriented class, until you Nerf Firebrand.

>

> Guardian in general will always be a best in slot pick until something else can share stability, cleanse conditions, and Heal. Firebrand does all of those things at an extreme level, and until you have stability sharing, cleansing, and healing from on a different class and at a comparative frequency and level, no other support will be viable in WvW.

>

> This has never been addressed though, and with the development of Firebrand and what it indicates, it probably never will be, so nothing else will ever compete with Firebrand.

>

> Druid in Tempest will never be competitive (again) in WvW because of this.

I dont play Tempest that much, but you cant make Druid perform the same level of support of Firebrand without removing some of his mobility or damage, otherwise, Druid would become the ultimate profession. And if you nerf FB support(really wanna nerf it even more lol?) you gotta compensate with something else, or else FB will a spec with poor damage, poor mobility and decent support, not being great at anything.

I think Anet, you need to rescind all the proposed necro changes/nerfs, and start reverting the nerfs back to the way the class performed at the start of PoF. That includes no delayed cast times, no obstruction messages, and reverting the amount of allowable boon corruption back to it's original state...

Then deal with the real issue, conditions and the overall damage they do and how it's applied. So do it this way" (keep in mind, this is a PvP/WvW change only that can't and will not filter down to PvE)

I've always been under the assumption that conditions were the answer to tanky builds; simply because Berserker builds do so little damage to tanky builds, the damage is actually laughable. There is no point in someone choosing a Berserker style build in PvP or WvW unless they intend on trolling or roaming while being very little help to their team.

- the MORE Toughness a person has, the MORE damage they take from conditions (over and above what it is now)

- the MORE Vitality a person has, the LONGER, the conditions tick

- Vice versa, the LESS Toughness or Vitality a person has, they take LESS damage from conditions and LESS time the conditions tick for

For example, at any given time there is 13 to 14 total slots between between weapons, armor, and trinkets, back piece, rings & amulet. Lets assume 6 slots are the base. If a person has exactly 6 pieces of equipment contain toughness and vitality, then the amount of damage they take conditions and the time they tick is = to what it is now. For every additional piece of gear that contains toughness or vitality on it, add 10% damage taken from conditions and/or 10% increase in tick time. For every piece of absent of toughness or vitality below 6 pieces has a 10% reduction in condition damage and/or tick time.

This way, for those who insist on running around tanky (like our friendly dire or trailblazer necro) will in fact take anywhere from 70-80% more from conditions while having them tick 70-80% longer. This further exacerbates if they come across someone with full grieving or rampager stats as they essentially would be a sitting duck. The same mismatch being a berserker build against a tanky one (making things worse if it's tanky/healing build), making it no contest. Berserker doesn't do enough damage to tanky builds, but tanky builds do sufficient damage to Berserker ones due to little toughness.

The point is, conditions need addressing, not singling out particular classes. You're better off, IMO, having conditions do far more damage to tanky targets than they do now, while subsequently decreasing it against builds running around with no armor/vitality. That way if players persistently complain about being run over by a scourge, then simply start taking off some of that tanky gear allowing you to be more susceptible to actual physical damage.

You could even make it a new stat in the hero panel, showing the player just how much more (or less) damage they'll be taking from conditions given their build. It doesn't have to be via pieces of gear, but organized in such a way that it could be overall toughness and vitality are what dictates how much more damage is taken from conditions and how long they tick.

> @"Felipe.1807" said:

> > @"jcbroe.4329" said:

> > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" splitting Druid between PvP and WvW won't make any difference on its standing, and that goes for any other support oriented class, until you Nerf Firebrand.

> >

> > Guardian in general will always be a best in slot pick until something else can share stability, cleanse conditions, and Heal. Firebrand does all of those things at an extreme level, and until you have stability sharing, cleansing, and healing from on a different class and at a comparative frequency and level, no other support will be viable in WvW.

> >

> > This has never been addressed though, and with the development of Firebrand and what it indicates, it probably never will be, so nothing else will ever compete with Firebrand.

> >

> > Druid in Tempest will never be competitive (again) in WvW because of this.

>

> I dont play Tempest that much, but you cant make Druid perform the same level of support of Firebrand without removing some of his mobility or damage, otherwise, Druid would become the ultimate profession. And if you nerf FB support(really wanna nerf it even more lol?) you gotta compensate with something else, or else FB will a spec with poor damage, poor mobility and decent support, not being great at anything.

Yeah. Gotta watch out for all that damage those support Druids are putting out. >.>

~ Kovu

> @"Kovu.7560" said:

> > @"Felipe.1807" said:

> > > @"jcbroe.4329" said:

> > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" splitting Druid between PvP and WvW won't make any difference on its standing, and that goes for any other support oriented class, until you Nerf Firebrand.

> > >

> > > Guardian in general will always be a best in slot pick until something else can share stability, cleanse conditions, and Heal. Firebrand does all of those things at an extreme level, and until you have stability sharing, cleansing, and healing from on a different class and at a comparative frequency and level, no other support will be viable in WvW.

> > >

> > > This has never been addressed though, and with the development of Firebrand and what it indicates, it probably never will be, so nothing else will ever compete with Firebrand.

> > >

> > > Druid in Tempest will never be competitive (again) in WvW because of this.

> >

> > I dont play Tempest that much, but you cant make Druid perform the same level of support of Firebrand without removing some of his mobility or damage, otherwise, Druid would become the ultimate profession. And if you nerf FB support(really wanna nerf it even more lol?) you gotta compensate with something else, or else FB will a spec with poor damage, poor mobility and decent support, not being great at anything.

>

> Yeah. Gotta watch out for all that damage those support Druids are putting out. >.>

>

> ~ Kovu

For a bunker Druid do a lot of damage(Mostly cause of pets)...he was talking about WvW, even druids mains gotta admit this spec is beyond broken the way it is right now.(Talking about roaming, no zerg fight)

There are a lot of posts here, so I'm only going to touch on a few things:

**Engineer**: To be blunt, most of your core buffs won't be touched, as they'll still be out-shined by other things available. Also, the sheer magnitude your Holosmith nerfs will effectively murder the elite in WvW. I mean, eeeeeesh, which one of you got trolled repeatedly by a Holosmith? I'm not saying that Holosmith needs no adjusting, but calm down for goodness sake!

**Warrior**: Tell me again why Endure Pain is already split between WvW and PvP, but you aren't going to bring the adjustments to CD and duration to WvW with this proposal? I see Ranger's Signet of Stone getting reduced for both modes, so why is Endure Pain being left alone? Warrior does far too much damage for their sustain to be relatively untouched in WvW; especially when you're proposing beating some other high-damagers (hello Holosmith) into the dirt.

**Mirage/Mesmer**: I mained mesmer for years and really don't enjoy how easy-mode Mirage has made things. I hope you were serious and actually do follow through on your assertion that you'll be revisiting things in respect to the Mirage elite. You barely touched Mirage, and it's so over-tuned it's not even funny...

...actually, I'll say a little more here. I know that mechanics changes aren't within the scope of things for this proposal, but I don't think you'll ever get Mirage under control until you do something about the real issue with this elite. The problem has never really been Mirage's damage just so, the problem is how powerful the built-in dodge is for the elite. Elusive Mind should never have included a stun break; it should have been the component that allowed access to mirage cloak (and it's evade frames) while stunned. In other words, Elusive Mind should've been the trait that made dodge work on Mirage as it does right now out-of-the-box (it could've also cleared one condi, for good measure). Otherwise, dodge should never have allowed access to mirage cloak while stunned and should've only offered mirage cloak benefits if you weren't already locked down (mirage cloak's allowing you to initiate a multitude of actions while mid-dodge is powerful all by itself). Due to the benefits of it's basic dodge, Mirage is able to mitigate way too much damage; and, this leaves them capable of outputting even higher damage because they are free to take other traits like Infinite Horizon without effectively impeding their likelihood of survival.

As for Mesmer in general, if you're going for consistency, why isn't Desperate Decoy being adjusted regarding it's CD?

**Thief**: It's been a few months since I've spent much time on my Thief, so I can't speak confidently about all the changes proposed for this class. However, if you're going to be reducing the effectiveness of passives that make insta-downs, or near insta-downs, less likely; does the class with the longest history of handing out insta-downs/near insta-downs really need much buffing? I'm also not sure why there aren't more damage reductions listed here. Thief didn't get the glossing over that Mesmer/Mirage got, but I'm not sure enough was done either. I guess time will tell.

**Elementalist**: Good grief. Tempest gets no help. Sword weaver gets no help. If you were ever looking for somewhere to place some of your buffs . . .

I know a dev has already stated that Staff refrained from buffing sword Weaver because it was thought Sw-Weaver was in a good place already, but judging by how over-powered some other specs are (and how over-powered some of them will still be regardless of this proposal)...I wonder...sword Weaver is in a good place compared to what exactly?

Anyway, just my two cents.

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

>

> ### Ranger

>

> #### Skills

>

> - Seed of Life: Increased the cooldown from 1 second to 3 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Rejuvenating Tides: Reduced the base healing per pulse from 650 to 550 (-15%) in PvP and WvW

> - Solar Beam: Reduced the power coefficient per strike from 0.3 to 0.25 (-17%) in PvP and WvW

> - Signet of Stone: Reduced the duration from 6 seconds to 3 seconds in PvP and WvW. Reduced the cooldown from 80 seconds to 40 in PvP and WvW

> - Celestial Avatar: Increased the cooldown from 15 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Ricochet: Increased the power coefficient from 0.7 to 0.8 (+14%) in PvP and WvW. Increased Might duration from 5 seconds to 10 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Winter's Bite: Increased the power coefficient from 1.25 to 1.5 (+20%) in PvP and WvW. Increased the Bleeding duration from 8 seconds to 12 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Splitblade: Increased the power coefficient per axe from 0.3 to 0.4 (+33%) in PvP and WvW

> - Instinctive Engage: Increased the power coefficient from 0.6 to 1 (+67%) in PvP and WvW

> - Healing Spring: Increased the number of conditions cleansed per pulse from 1 to 2 in PvP and WvW

>

> #### Traits

>

> - Stoneform: Increased the cooldown from 70 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only

> - Shared Anguish: Increased the cooldown from 60 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only

> - Protective Ward: Increased the cooldown from 18 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP only

> - Refined Toxins: Increased the cooldown from 5 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Rugged Growth: Reduced the healing power coefficient from 0.245 to 0.1225 (-50%) in PvP and WvW

> - Grace of the Land: Reduced the number of Might stacks applied from 3 to 2 in PvP and WvW

> - Fortifying Bond: Reduced duration of shared Might stacks from 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - "We Heal as One!:" Reduced duration of copied Might stacks from 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Fresh Reinforcement: Reduced shared Might duration 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Ambidexterity: Increased the Condition Damage granted from 150 to 240 in PvP and WvW

> - Two-Handed Training: Increased the bonus damage from 5% to 10% in PvP and WvW

>

If you guys are going for **high risk high reward** that's fine, but nerfing coefficient on healing power PLUS increase CD seriously? I think that's a bit too much. Axe changes again? till this day I still don't know where axe is it a condi weapon or a power weapon.

We all know Soulbeast uses LB and GS and any damage increase are welcome, but I think you should consider main hand sword for players who use them, especially druids if you're taking something then at least give something back like secondary weapon choices for druids like sword/warhorn. Go ahead and nerf survivability, but give us increase in damage in return **and PLEASE ANET change Marksmanship minors already they're trash.**

> @"Felipe.1807" said:

> > @"jcbroe.4329" said:

> > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" splitting Druid between PvP and WvW won't make any difference on its standing, and that goes for any other support oriented class, until you Nerf Firebrand.

> >

> > Guardian in general will always be a best in slot pick until something else can share stability, cleanse conditions, and Heal. Firebrand does all of those things at an extreme level, and until you have stability sharing, cleansing, and healing from on a different class and at a comparative frequency and level, no other support will be viable in WvW.

> >

> > This has never been addressed though, and with the development of Firebrand and what it indicates, it probably never will be, so nothing else will ever compete with Firebrand.

> >

> > Druid in Tempest will never be competitive (again) in WvW because of this.

>

> I dont play Tempest that much, but you cant make Druid perform the same level of support of Firebrand without removing some of his mobility or damage, otherwise, Druid would become the ultimate profession. And if you nerf FB support(really wanna nerf it even more lol?) you gotta compensate with something else, or else FB will a spec with poor damage, poor mobility and decent support, not being great at anything.

You either nerf Firebrand (or even core Guard at this point) or you buff other support classes/builds so that they are equally capable of providing the same toolkit that Firebrand brings.

I don't have a class specific suggestion in this, I just don't want to see them decide to go back on nerfs when it won't make a lick of difference. It's just that Guardian and now Firebrand have dominated the WvW compositions for the entirety of GW2s lifespan, to some extent polarizating and limiting any sort of organized play, and I think it would be nice to have a larger roster of viable builds/classes to perform at the role Guardian has never had to compete with anything for.

Also, I'd rather decrease power creep, not increase it. That's why I like where the patch is headed, and really don't want to see them go back on any of the ideas they presented, split or otherwise.

Id be more sympathetic with the cries of druid being a healing spec if it at all acted like one. Sure there is the off collar wvw support spec. But thats rare. And even rarer in organized groups. I don't remember the last time I saw a true healer druid in PvP. They have been the top node fighter for a LONG time. Just because condi mesmer had a short time where they could pressure a druid off a point (Well played druids still didn't die) doesnt make that any less true. They are the ultimate 1v1 spec still. These changes are going to hurt druid? Sure. But the biggest place its gonna hurt is on those side nodes. a druid commited to healing and buffing can still do that. It will have to be smarter about it yeah but it can still happen.

The changes ive seen here though are gonna be on that 1v1 side far more than the team fighting though. And if it needs buffs after to be a support spec? Im fine with those buffs. But using the argument that druid is a support spec when being played as a support spec is the minority seems dishonest to me. Is this gonna drop druid out of the flavor of the month meta for people to dog pile on for easier wins? Sure a strong possibility. But its happened on and off to almost every other class in the meantime. And its going to happen to them again. Thats just how "metas" work. I know some druids that are still gonna wreck face. I know others that are gonna give up on the class. And im alright with that.

> @"jcbroe.4329" said:

> > @"Felipe.1807" said:

> > > @"jcbroe.4329" said:

> > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" splitting Druid between PvP and WvW won't make any difference on its standing, and that goes for any other support oriented class, until you Nerf Firebrand.

> > >

> > > Guardian in general will always be a best in slot pick until something else can share stability, cleanse conditions, and Heal. Firebrand does all of those things at an extreme level, and until you have stability sharing, cleansing, and healing from on a different class and at a comparative frequency and level, no other support will be viable in WvW.

> > >

> > > This has never been addressed though, and with the development of Firebrand and what it indicates, it probably never will be, so nothing else will ever compete with Firebrand.

> > >

> > > Druid in Tempest will never be competitive (again) in WvW because of this.

> >

> > I dont play Tempest that much, but you cant make Druid perform the same level of support of Firebrand without removing some of his mobility or damage, otherwise, Druid would become the ultimate profession. And if you nerf FB support(really wanna nerf it even more lol?) you gotta compensate with something else, or else FB will a spec with poor damage, poor mobility and decent support, not being great at anything.

>

> You either nerf Firebrand (or even core Guard at this point) or you buff other support classes/builds so that they are equally capable of providing the same toolkit that Firebrand brings.

>

> I don't have a class specific suggestion in this, I just don't want to see them decide to go back on nerfs when it won't make a lick of difference. It's just that Guardian and now Firebrand have dominated the WvW compositions for the entirety of GW2s lifespan, to some extent polarizating and limiting any sort of organized play, and I think it would be nice to have a larger roster of viable builds/classes to perform at the role Guardian has never had to compete with anything for.

>

> Also, I'd rather decrease power creep, not increase it. That's why I like where the patch is headed, and really don't want to see them go back on any of the ideas they presented, split or otherwise.

I am on favor of Druids and Tempest or any other support spec being able to compete with Guardian on the role of support on Team Fights, but, we cant deny that Druids for example, even as a support/bunker, is able to perform extremely well on roaming and dueling 1 x X, while Guardian for example does poorly...all classes should have builds that should be able to perform at competitive level at any role, but this is not true at the moment, with Thiefs and Mesmers dominating small scale fights and Guardians being a must have for big fights.

> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > @"Hiraldo.7954" said:

> > Resistance -> Immob revert is the most important change that needs to be made at the moment, please consider addressing it in this patch!

>

> We're going to discuss it. No guarantees in either way though.

How open would you guys be to removing healing from CA completely, asides from Lunar Impact?

I honestly think the issue with Druid is that 4/5 of the Celestial Avatar skills heal. Leaving the water field on 4 is okay. But, having a setup burst heal with 2, into a burst heal with 3, into a high (albeit channeled) heal with 4 is too much. I think adjusting Druid to a more damage/control oriented mechanic would solve the issue of Druid's being too hard to kill.

> @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > @"eley crey.2905" said:

> > All the passive stuff needs to go from WvW too, preferably removed from the game all together.

>

> Maybe, but then you have to remove all those kitten oneshot builds, otherwise they become uncontrollable, especially the ones starting from stealth will have zero counterplay whatsoever imho.

As a thief, I'd be okay with stealth being removed from the game as well.

The thing with Ranger is it's the Druid spec that is the issue, the balance has to target Druid specifically without affecting base Ranger too much. Because the problem lies with Druid, I think they danced all around the core issue and that is the enter and exit of CA traits. Sure the CD has gone up to 20, ok. Is 6 seconds of Signet of Stone too much on a base Ranger? Dont know, seems ok to me, but on a Druid with all the other sustain it's over the top.

I just think the Druid needed more incentive to stay in the CA form. Every Druid ever seems to use the same format, assume CA, trigger Druidic Clarity, drop lunar impact, leave CA, trigger Celestial Shadow. Rinse repeat.

Seed of life is garbage, the animation is slow the radius small and 1 condi(lol), it doesnt get used now and it's getting nerfed? Rejuvenating Tides, again doesnt really see use outside of dedicated support Druids. Which are definitely not the problem here and are overshadowed by FB's anyway.

I would have buffed seeds and nerfed the enter/exit traits and left it at 15 seconds. No stealth on Celestial shadow, call it Celestial winds or some rpg shit and leave the super speed on it. Druidic clarity, still a stun break, gives aegis for 5 seconds, clears 3 condis. Seed of life is 240 radius, 900rng, pops almost instantly clears 2 condis and heals based on condis cleared much like Radiant Recovery for FB. Remove the Daze on Lunar impact, the other skills are fine.

This way the Druid has to actively engage with the skills in CA to remove conditions, he would get 3 removed just for entering avatar then dropping a seed would be another 2 plus some healing, another seed, another 2 plus some healing. Leaving wont grant you stealth anymore but you will gain some super speed to get some distance if kiting. Can still equip staff if he wants to be super mobile, or can use the GS/sword leaps defensively.

> @"Felipe.1807" said:

> > @"Kovu.7560" said:

> > > @"Felipe.1807" said:

> > > > @"jcbroe.4329" said:

> > > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" splitting Druid between PvP and WvW won't make any difference on its standing, and that goes for any other support oriented class, until you Nerf Firebrand.

> > > >

> > > > Guardian in general will always be a best in slot pick until something else can share stability, cleanse conditions, and Heal. Firebrand does all of those things at an extreme level, and until you have stability sharing, cleansing, and healing from on a different class and at a comparative frequency and level, no other support will be viable in WvW.

> > > >

> > > > This has never been addressed though, and with the development of Firebrand and what it indicates, it probably never will be, so nothing else will ever compete with Firebrand.

> > > >

> > > > Druid in Tempest will never be competitive (again) in WvW because of this.

> > >

> > > I dont play Tempest that much, but you cant make Druid perform the same level of support of Firebrand without removing some of his mobility or damage, otherwise, Druid would become the ultimate profession. And if you nerf FB support(really wanna nerf it even more lol?) you gotta compensate with something else, or else FB will a spec with poor damage, poor mobility and decent support, not being great at anything.

> >

> > Yeah. Gotta watch out for all that damage those support Druids are putting out. >.>

> >

> > ~ Kovu

>

> For a bunker Druid do a lot of damage(Mostly cause of pets)...he was talking about WvW, even druids mains gotta admit this spec is beyond broken the way it is right now.(Talking about roaming, no zerg fight)

Druids that do significant damage are not bunker. In fact their dps is pretty low on the whole, when compared to other roaming specs (which seems to be the comparison you're making). It may seem like they're bunker because they kite a lot. If they're [Anet] going to look at anything it should be Ancestral Grace and Celestial Shadow. Damage, damage coefficients and the please-let-me-try-to-channel-outheal-your-autoattacks-mode should not be nerfed. _Especially_ not in wvw (for support reasons).

~ Kovu

edit- I like the ideas suggested by the above post.

I am not sure why these auto-defense changes are not also WvW changes, and I hope that also changing these for WvW is strongly considered.

I am not sure why some of these changes are splits and not game-wide. I'm specifically looking at the necromancer buffs, except perhaps the Blood is Power change, but I am sure every class has their pet weapon that they can see in the changes that wouldn't at all suffer from having a game-wide change.

> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> ### Thief

>

> #### Skills

>

> - Dagger Autoattack chain: Reduced the power coefficients from 0.8, 0.85, 1.1 to 0.6, 0.65, 1.1 (-15% overall) in PvP and WvW

> - Heartseeker: Increased the power coefficients at all thresholds by 20% in PvP and WvW. The new values are as follows.

> - Above 50%: 1.0 to 1.2

> - Below 50%: 1.5 to 1.8

> - Below 25%: 2.0 to 2.4

> - Sword Autoattack chain: Reduced the power coefficients from 0.8, 0.8, 1.3 to 0.6, 0.6, 1.3 (-14% overall) in PvP and WvW

> - Roll for Initiative: Increased the cooldown from 35 seconds to 40 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Shadow Shot: Increased the initiative cost from 4 to 5 in PvP and WvW. Increased Increased the power coefficient from 1.325 to 1.8 (+36%) in PvP and WvW

> - Infiltrator's Strike: Increased the power coefficient from .75 to .9 (+20%) in PvP and WvW

> - Cloak and Dagger: Reduced the initiative cost from 6 to 5 in PvP and WvW

> - Signet of Shadows: Reduced the cooldown from 30 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Assassin's Signet: Reduced the cooldown from 30 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Smoke Screen: Reduced the cooldown from 30 seconds to 25 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Dagger Storm: Reduced the cooldown from 90 seconds to 60 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Hide in Shadows: Increased the base healing from 5240 to 6026 (+15%) in PvP and WvW

> - Skelk Venom: Increased the venom heal per hit from 965 to 1206 (+25%) in PvP and WvW

>

> #### Traits

>

> - Pulmonary Impact: Reduced the power coefficient from 2.8 to 2.0 (-29%) in PvP and WvW

> - Upper Hand: Increased the cooldown from 3 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Panic Strike: Increased the cooldown from 20 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW. The WvW version of this trait will now use the PvP immobilize duration of 1.5 seconds

> - Instant Reflexes: Increased the cooldown from 40 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only

> - Pain response: Increased the cooldown from 16 seconds to 40 seconds in PvP only

> - Hard to Catch: Increased the cooldown from 45 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only

>

HI ,as a thief main since 2013, the PVP pre-shoutcast of chinese server, here are my suggest for thief.

1. dagger autoattack reduce is fine because its speed is way more fast than sword. buff Heartseeker is fine.NO, not shadow shot..this is the MOST imbalanced weapon skill in D/P set, it deserve one more ini but NO DAMAGE buff for this skill pls.

2. sword autoattack doesn't need the nerf because it was slow and a lot precast and aftercast, it should hit hard than dagger auto. Infiltrator's Strike doesn't need any damage buff it was a utility skill, so leave it alone.for the FS/LS this is the MAIN things to the S/D set, once Anet you guys cut this skill down ,S/D dies for 2 years. IMO the BEST way to balanced this skill is this way : make FS blockable and reduce the ini cost from 4 to 3. increase the LS ini cost from 2 to 3 remove the +20% to boonless target. AND cycle the FS/LS without required FS hit. like the skill 2 years ago. you can choose which skill you need to use , it lead to more active play less spam.

3. Pain response need to change to a more active style, not a passive trait. 40 second is OK, but change it to use a elite skill to active the cleans will be more in line.

other things is fine,thanks guys.sry for my poor English

-Arlowslol