PvP/WvW Skill Split Release

Gaile Gray.6029

> @"Ragion.2831" said:

> > @"pah.4931" said:

> > Core necro and Reaper shroud CD reduced to 7 or 8 seconds! (across all game modes)

> >

> > Thanks :D

>

> used to be 5 seconds tho (traited). If they arent going to give proper defense then it should go down to 5 seconds especially with the degeneration rate.

Was only a 30% reduction on the trait, not 50%.

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My two cents (as a thief main):

I think the cooldown increases on Instant Reflexes (40 --> 90) and Pain Response (16 -->40) are far too drastic. I think something like 60 for IR and 25 for PR would be more appropriate if you really want to balance by nerfing Acro. . . which, to be honest, I also don't want to see because the traitline just became viable again not that long ago. Having Acro to use as a defensive line in place of Daredevil increases our options for different builds, and I really don't want to go back to the "all d/p daredevil dash," only one viable build thing from a year ago.

I get that you are trying to nerf the s/d core build that has been around lately, but I think you would be better off perhaps removing the unblockable from Flanking Strike before messing with a whole traitline.

The PI changes? Eh, they don't really seem necessary, but I think maybe a short CD (like 1 or .5 sec between applications) might be better. Then again, reducing the damage means we can still get those sweet, sweet multiple interrupt procs, so I am neutral on this one.

As far as shifting our damage back from the AA to our 2-5 skills. . . .not feeling very good about this. I think these coefficients should remain as they are. We have to use our 2-5 for positioning and setting up successful attacks, and I think the balance here is quite good as is. This would also be especially hurtful to sword (even more s/p) because of the lower attack speed of sword.

> @"JonnyForgotten.4276" said:

> My two cents (as a thief main):

>

> I think the cooldown increases on Instant Reflexes (40 --> 90) and Pain Response (16 -->40) are far too drastic. I think something like 60 for IR and 25 for PR would be more appropriate if you really want to balance by nerfing Acro. . . which, to be honest, I also don't want to see because the traitline just became viable again not that long ago. Having Acro to use as a defensive line in place of Daredevil increases our options for different builds, and I really don't want to go back to the "all d/p daredevil dash," only one viable build thing from a year ago.

>

> I get that you are trying to nerf the s/d core build that has been around lately, but I think you would be better off perhaps removing the unblockable from Flanking Strike before messing with a whole traitline.

>

> The PI changes? Eh, they don't really seem necessary, but I think maybe a short CD (like 1 or .5 sec between applications) might be better. Then again, reducing the damage means we can still get those sweet, sweet multiple interrupt procs, so I am neutral on this one.

>

> As far as shifting our damage back from the AA to our 2-5 skills. . . .not feeling very good about this. I think these coefficients should remain as they are. We have to use our 2-5 for positioning and setting up successful attacks, and I think the balance here is quite good as is. This would also be especially hurtful to sword (even more s/p) because of the lower attack speed of sword.

>

>

>

>

I think you havent play this weapon set for long

remove the unblockbale on FS and LS will kill S/D again, unless FS always circle into LS like before. I play this weapon set for 4 years when JumperX make it out . I know all the weakness .

Make FS always circle into LS

remove the unblockbale on FS

remove the +20% bonus to boonless foe on LS

the only change will make S/D balanced, not kill it once again

> @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > @"Ragion.2831" said:

> > > @"pah.4931" said:

> > > Core necro and Reaper shroud CD reduced to 7 or 8 seconds! (across all game modes)

> > >

> > > Thanks :D

> >

> > used to be 5 seconds tho (traited). If they arent going to give proper defense then it should go down to 5 seconds especially with the degeneration rate.

>

> Was only a 30% reduction on the trait, not 50%.

Before reaper, shroud CD could be dropped to 5 seconds. Anyone who came at HoT launch wouldnt know this because with reaper came a nerf to the trait

> @"Ragion.2831" said:

> > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > @"Ragion.2831" said:

> > > > @"pah.4931" said:

> > > > Core necro and Reaper shroud CD reduced to 7 or 8 seconds! (across all game modes)

> > > >

> > > > Thanks :D

> > >

> > > used to be 5 seconds tho (traited). If they arent going to give proper defense then it should go down to 5 seconds especially with the degeneration rate.

> >

> > Was only a 30% reduction on the trait, not 50%.

>

> Before reaper, shroud CD could be dropped to 5 seconds. Anyone who came at HoT launch wouldnt know this because with reaper came a nerf to the trait

Good thing I came before the game launched, so I do know better. Speed of Shadows got merged with a now removed trait that also reduced the Shroud cooldown by 30%. 10->7 seconds when traited was always the case until SoS got changed to its current state.

> > @"Ragion.2831" said:

> > > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > > @"Ragion.2831" said:

> > > > > @"pah.4931" said:

> > > > > Core necro and Reaper shroud CD reduced to 7 or 8 seconds! (across all game modes)

> > > > >

> > > > > Thanks :D

> > > >

> > > > used to be 5 seconds tho (traited). If they arent going to give proper defense then it should go down to 5 seconds especially with the degeneration rate.

> > >

> > > Was only a 30% reduction on the trait, not 50%.

> >

> > Before reaper, shroud CD could be dropped to 5 seconds. Anyone who came at HoT launch wouldnt know this because with reaper came a nerf to the trait

>

> Good thing I came before the game launched, so I do know better. Speed of Shadows got merged with a now removed trait that also reduced the Shroud cooldown by 30%.

I'm confused, are you saying you couldnt get 5 seconds on shroud? or are you agreeing

> @"Ragion.2831" said:

> > > > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > > > @"Ragion.2831" said:

> > > > > > @"pah.4931" said:

> > > > > > Core necro and Reaper shroud CD reduced to 7 or 8 seconds! (across all game modes)

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Thanks :D

> > > > >

> > > > > used to be 5 seconds tho (traited). If they arent going to give proper defense then it should go down to 5 seconds especially with the degeneration rate.

> > > >

> > > > Was only a 30% reduction on the trait, not 50%.

> > >

> > > Before reaper, shroud CD could be dropped to 5 seconds. Anyone who came at HoT launch wouldnt know this because with reaper came a nerf to the trait

> >

> > Good thing I came before the game launched, so I do know better. Speed of Shadows got merged with a now removed trait that also reduced the Shroud cooldown by 30%.

>

> I'm confused, are you saying you couldnt get 5 seconds on shroud? or are you agreeing

5 second Shroud cooldown has always been impossible without Alacrity. Shroud's cooldown has always been 10 seconds at base and the trait reducing it has always been a 30% reduction. Speed of Shadows originally was only bonus movement speed while in Shroud, then got merged with another trait to its prior functionality.

However, 10-30%=7. 7 seconds cooldown was normal. 5 was not possible.

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> I was hoping these changes would be in this patch :disappointed:

These changes won't be out for a while. Ben has stated that they aren't even finalized yet, meaning many of these changes haven't even been given to the programming team for assignment yet.

It likely won't be patched until the beginning of next season. Late March ~ early April.

> > @"Ragion.2831" said:

> > > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > > @"Ragion.2831" said:

> > > > > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > > > > @"Ragion.2831" said:

> > > > > > > @"pah.4931" said:

> > > > > > > Core necro and Reaper shroud CD reduced to 7 or 8 seconds! (across all game modes)

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Thanks :D

> > > > > >

> > > > > > used to be 5 seconds tho (traited). If they arent going to give proper defense then it should go down to 5 seconds especially with the degeneration rate.

> > > > >

> > > > > Was only a 30% reduction on the trait, not 50%.

> > > >

> > > > Before reaper, shroud CD could be dropped to 5 seconds. Anyone who came at HoT launch wouldnt know this because with reaper came a nerf to the trait

> > >

> > > Good thing I came before the game launched, so I do know better. Speed of Shadows got merged with a now removed trait that also reduced the Shroud cooldown by 30%.

> >

> > I'm confused, are you saying you couldnt get 5 seconds on shroud? or are you agreeing

>

> 5 second Shroud cooldown has always been impossible without Alacrity. Shroud's cooldown has always been 10 seconds at base and the trait reducing it has always been a 30% reduction. Speed of Shadows originally was only bonus movement speed while in Shroud, then got merged with another trait to its prior functionality.

>

> However, 10-30%=7. 7 seconds cooldown was normal. 5 was not possible.

Lol why do people insist on arguing blindly. I played only necro for the first 2 years of the game.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Near_to_Death (Read the June 25 2013 version)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Speed_of_Shadows

(Read the last bullet point on the OP's post)

I clearly remember being irritated that the traits got shuffled around which caused shroud to no longer be traited to 5 seconds but 7 instead.

@"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" its only the OG necros like Bhawb, Holts, Nemesis, myself and some others that know exactly where this class came from to land in this Scourge gimmick. Majority have left which is why most complaints about the necro class on forums these days are off.

> @"Ragion.2831" said:

> @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" its only the OG necros like Bhawb, Holts, Nemesis, myself and some others that know exactly where this class came from to land in this Scourge gimmick. Majority have left which is why most complaints about the necro class on forums these days are off.

"Where this class came from" was garbage at launch. The only place Necros were welcome was WvW zerging. Awful in PvP, outright derided in PvE, and free kills in WvW roaming and havoc squads.

Funny you list yourself in that company, because your name is completely foreign to me while I, myself, did show up on a couple of But of Corpse podcasts.

You're correct that Near to Death did originally reduce it by 50%. I'll concede the point. I still wouldn't want to go back to those days because Necro had no method of competing then, let alone with the much stronger builds we have now.

> @"Arlowslol.1974" said:

> > @"JonnyForgotten.4276" said:

> > My two cents (as a thief main):

> >

> > I think the cooldown increases on Instant Reflexes (40 --> 90) and Pain Response (16 -->40) are far too drastic. I think something like 60 for IR and 25 for PR would be more appropriate if you really want to balance by nerfing Acro. . . which, to be honest, I also don't want to see because the traitline just became viable again not that long ago. Having Acro to use as a defensive line in place of Daredevil increases our options for different builds, and I really don't want to go back to the "all d/p daredevil dash," only one viable build thing from a year ago.

> >

> > I get that you are trying to nerf the s/d core build that has been around lately, but I think you would be better off perhaps removing the unblockable from Flanking Strike before messing with a whole traitline.

> >

> > The PI changes? Eh, they don't really seem necessary, but I think maybe a short CD (like 1 or .5 sec between applications) might be better. Then again, reducing the damage means we can still get those sweet, sweet multiple interrupt procs, so I am neutral on this one.

> >

> > As far as shifting our damage back from the AA to our 2-5 skills. . . .not feeling very good about this. I think these coefficients should remain as they are. We have to use our 2-5 for positioning and setting up successful attacks, and I think the balance here is quite good as is. This would also be especially hurtful to sword (even more s/p) because of the lower attack speed of sword.

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> I think you havent play this weapon set for long

> remove the unblockbale on FS and LS will kill S/D again, unless FS always circle into LS like before. I play this weapon set for 4 years when JumperX make it out . I know all the weakness .

>

> Make FS always circle into LS

> remove the unblockbale on FS

> remove the +20% bonus to boonless foe on LS

>

> the only change will make S/D balanced, not kill it once again

I don't play s/d, so i defer to your opinion on this. I play s/p and don't want to see my set get nerfed through the Acro changes.

> > @"Ragion.2831" said:

> > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" its only the OG necros like Bhawb, Holts, Nemesis, myself and some others that know exactly where this class came from to land in this Scourge gimmick. Majority have left which is why most complaints about the necro class on forums these days are off.

>

> "Where this class came from" was garbage at launch. The only place Necros were welcome was WvW zerging. Awful in PvP, outright derided in PvE, and free kills in WvW roaming and havoc squads.

>

> Funny you list yourself in that company, because your name is completely foreign to me while I, myself, did show up on a couple of But of Corpse podcasts.

>

> You're correct that Near to Death did originally reduce it by 50%. I'll concede the point. I still wouldn't want to go back to those days because Necro had no method of competing then, let alone with the much stronger builds we have now.

>

You may know that the class was bad at launch but you dont know why ( https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/389928#Comment_389928 ). Perhaps because you played many classes at the same time which is why you werent aware of the 5 seconds cooldown on shroud. Perhaps you also don't know that the single most significant improvement to necro since gw2 launched is FTG becoming a stun break (A seriously long overdue change).

Now Anet is making their usual mistake with necro by taking a sledgehammer to Scourge. The only reason why Scourge is standing is because of the pressure it has. Now since i became a revenant main i really hate scourge but I understand why it has to be the way it is right now because of the circumstances Anet created.

The only way to do really well in pvp is to build based on extremes. And that has been consistent since launch. If you look at all the things that became oppressive in the past and are opprressive now:

- Thief- extreme evade, stealth and damage. For 6 months anet took the evades and thief became the worst class in pvp because it needs extreme evades to survive.

- Mesmer extreme everything- We know how much carry potential this class has had

- Revenant - Extreme damage and blocks - Early HoT it carried, dominated ESL. Now that they took away all that, look where it is. Its only a bit better now since Sword changes

- Scourge - Extreme condi pressure, history suggests if this goes, Scourge is done.

The others also have had something on the extreme side which caused it to be oppressive for some time but the pattern is pretty clear. Youve talked about nerfing scourge's radius to reduce its pressure on points . As usual you have missed the problem. While that would make capping easier, Scourge is is going to be ran over. This is coming from a revenant main that hates scourge.

Like you others will argue this and point to something else. The same people that completely ignored me back in early HoT days when i said DH should not be blindly getting a defense buff because of the kit it has. They argued, DH got it (block duration increase and others) and then forums got overrun by "Nerf DH" threads before it was nerfed again to what it is now.

If someone is being adamant about a point, ask yourself if you might be mistaken. I thought i was delusional for a second when u kept saying 5 seconds was never possible. I checked and the information was right there.

> @"Ragion.2831" said:

> > > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" its only the OG necros like Bhawb, Holts, Nemesis, myself and some others that know exactly where this class came from to land in this Scourge gimmick. Majority have left which is why most complaints about the necro class on forums these days are off.

> >

> > "Where this class came from" was garbage at launch. The only place Necros were welcome was WvW zerging. Awful in PvP, outright derided in PvE, and free kills in WvW roaming and havoc squads.

> >

> > Funny you list yourself in that company, because your name is completely foreign to me while I, myself, did show up on a couple of But of Corpse podcasts.

> >

> > You're correct that Near to Death did originally reduce it by 50%. I'll concede the point. I still wouldn't want to go back to those days because Necro had no method of competing then, let alone with the much stronger builds we have now.

> >

>

> You may know that the class was bad at launch but you dont know why ( https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/389928#Comment_389928 ). Perhaps because you played many classes at the same time which is why you werent aware of the 5 seconds cooldown on shroud. Perhaps you also don't know that the single most significant improvement to necro since gw2 launched is FTG becoming a stun break (A seriously long overdue change).

>

> Now Anet is making their usual mistake with necro by taking a sledgehammer to Scourge. The only reason why Scourge is standing is because of the pressure it has. Now since i became a revenant main i really hate scourge but I understand why it has to be the way it is right now because of the circumstances Anet created.

>

> The only way to do really well in pvp is to build based on extremes. And that has been consistent since launch. If you look at all the things that became oppressive in the past and are opprressive now:

> - Thief- extreme evade, stealth and damage. For 6 months anet took the evades and thief became the worst class in pvp because it needs extreme evades to survive.

> - Mesmer extreme everything- We know how much carry potential this class has had

> - Revenant - Extreme damage and blocks - Early HoT it carried, dominated ESL. Now that they took away all that, look where it is. Its only a bit better now since Sword changes

> - Scourge - Extreme condi pressure, history suggests if this goes, Scourge is done.

>

> The others also have had something on the extreme side which caused it to be oppressive for some time but the pattern is pretty clear. Youve talked about nerfing scourge's radius to reduce its pressure on points . As usual you have missed the problem. While that would make capping easier, Scourge is is going to be ran over. This is coming from a revenant main that hates scourge.

>

> Like you others will argue this and point to something else. The same people that completely ignored me back in early HoT days when i said DH should not be blindly getting a defense buff because of the kit it has. They argued, DH got it (block duration increase and others) and then forums got overrun by "Nerf DH" threads before it was nerfed again to what it is now.

>

> If someone is being adamant about a point, ask yourself if you might be mistaken. I thought i was delusional for a second when u kept saying 5 seconds was never possible. I checked and the information was right there.

Been a Necro main since Factions released. The reason I forgot about the 5 second cooldown was twofold:

1. Even with it, Necro sucked horribly. Usually a competing trait was chosen instead.

2. Near to Death has been removed (finding it on the wiki was a huge pain, as it's not listed at all on the Soul Reaping page, nor any links on Speed of Shadows, nor mention of the old trait on the patch notes) and, frankly, it's been long enough people have just forgotten about it.

I think if you go back and check, I was one of the first people to suggest Foot in the Grave get a stunbreak, so yes, I was completely aware of why the class was garbage. Bad stunbreaks and poor stability access were only a couple of reasons why, however (total lack of pressure was another, bad life force generation a third, shall I go on?).

Reducing the radius on Sand Savant is a nerf I suggest IN PLACE OF all of the other nerfs Scourge has received/is looking to recieve. I want Scourge to be strong and have a place in all game modes, but this is definitely a case of where ANet keeps nerfing while not looking at what needs to actually be addressed. The balance team has a history of doing this all the way back through GW1 on all professions: keep nerfing everything except the real problem until the profession is garbage, even with the real problem still intact.

Revenant, for example, hadn't lost any blocks until the fairly recent off-hand sword change (Revenant was already bad before this happened), though they did nerf the damage. The real reason Revenant is garbage right now is because they still refuse to give it decent condition cleanse, making it die to every condi build out there. Before, its damage was high enough it could cover that up. The class is no less broken now, just weaker.

> @"Arlowslol.1974" said:

> > @"JonnyForgotten.4276" said:

> > My two cents (as a thief main):

> >

> > I think the cooldown increases on Instant Reflexes (40 --> 90) and Pain Response (16 -->40) are far too drastic. I think something like 60 for IR and 25 for PR would be more appropriate if you really want to balance by nerfing Acro. . . which, to be honest, I also don't want to see because the traitline just became viable again not that long ago. Having Acro to use as a defensive line in place of Daredevil increases our options for different builds, and I really don't want to go back to the "all d/p daredevil dash," only one viable build thing from a year ago.

> >

> > I get that you are trying to nerf the s/d core build that has been around lately, but I think you would be better off perhaps removing the unblockable from Flanking Strike before messing with a whole traitline.

> >

> > The PI changes? Eh, they don't really seem necessary, but I think maybe a short CD (like 1 or .5 sec between applications) might be better. Then again, reducing the damage means we can still get those sweet, sweet multiple interrupt procs, so I am neutral on this one.

> >

> > As far as shifting our damage back from the AA to our 2-5 skills. . . .not feeling very good about this. I think these coefficients should remain as they are. We have to use our 2-5 for positioning and setting up successful attacks, and I think the balance here is quite good as is. This would also be especially hurtful to sword (even more s/p) because of the lower attack speed of sword.

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> I think you havent play this weapon set for long

> remove the unblockbale on FS and LS will kill S/D again, unless FS always circle into LS like before. I play this weapon set for 4 years when JumperX make it out . I know all the weakness .

>

> Make FS always circle into LS

> remove the unblockbale on FS

> remove the +20% bonus to boonless foe on LS

>

> the only change will make S/D balanced, not kill it once again

But why should FS always cycle to LS? LS should be rewarded for landing FS in the first place though since it's become unblockble it's pretty meh right now. Just remove dmg bonus from LS and make FS blockable.

Why there is no "static discharge" trait nerf on engineer? It is huge dps automatic trait just like:

Aim Assisted Rocket: Reduced the power coefficient from 1.0 to 0.5 (-50%) in PvP and WvW

Minesweeper: Reduced the power coefficient of each mine from 1.0 to 0.67 (-33%) in PvP and WvW

Vent Exhaust: Reduced the power coefficient from 1.1 to 0.75 (-32%) in PvP and WvW

Protection Injection: Increased the cooldown from 10 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP only

> @"Urejt.5648" said:

> Why there is no "static discharge" trait nerf on engineer? It is huge dps automatic trait just like:

> Aim Assisted Rocket: Reduced the power coefficient from 1.0 to 0.5 (-50%) in PvP and WvW

> Minesweeper: Reduced the power coefficient of each mine from 1.0 to 0.67 (-33%) in PvP and WvW

> Vent Exhaust: Reduced the power coefficient from 1.1 to 0.75 (-32%) in PvP and WvW

> Protection Injection: Increased the cooldown from 10 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP only

hah the static discharge holo build you complain about is high risk high reward as it provides zero protection and almost none cleanse mechanism.its only burst and utility. if engi caught in a team fight with multiple conditions he is dead.

> @"Urejt.5648" said:

> Why there is no "static discharge" trait nerf on engineer? It is huge dps automatic trait just like:

> Aim Assisted Rocket: Reduced the power coefficient from 1.0 to 0.5 (-50%) in PvP and WvW

> Minesweeper: Reduced the power coefficient of each mine from 1.0 to 0.67 (-33%) in PvP and WvW

> Vent Exhaust: Reduced the power coefficient from 1.1 to 0.75 (-32%) in PvP and WvW

> Protection Injection: Increased the cooldown from 10 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP only

* Static Discharge is triggered by obter skill. It's how every passive skill should work, if no skill or action occors, the trait doesn't triggers.

* Aim Assistent Rocket is the best and really usefull thing on the whole Explosion tree. If this trait got nerfed, no more reason to equip Explosions :/

* Minesweeper and Vent Exaust have several counters(Imobility, Weakness, Stun, Float, Silk, Knockdown, Knockback, Pull, Blowout, Fear, Taunt, Freeze, Stone,...), no reason for too much nerf... Anet Mistake :/

> @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > @"Arlowslol.1974" said:

> > > @"JonnyForgotten.4276" said:

> > > My two cents (as a thief main):

> > >

> > > I think the cooldown increases on Instant Reflexes (40 --> 90) and Pain Response (16 -->40) are far too drastic. I think something like 60 for IR and 25 for PR would be more appropriate if you really want to balance by nerfing Acro. . . which, to be honest, I also don't want to see because the traitline just became viable again not that long ago. Having Acro to use as a defensive line in place of Daredevil increases our options for different builds, and I really don't want to go back to the "all d/p daredevil dash," only one viable build thing from a year ago.

> > >

> > > I get that you are trying to nerf the s/d core build that has been around lately, but I think you would be better off perhaps removing the unblockable from Flanking Strike before messing with a whole traitline.

> > >

> > > The PI changes? Eh, they don't really seem necessary, but I think maybe a short CD (like 1 or .5 sec between applications) might be better. Then again, reducing the damage means we can still get those sweet, sweet multiple interrupt procs, so I am neutral on this one.

> > >

> > > As far as shifting our damage back from the AA to our 2-5 skills. . . .not feeling very good about this. I think these coefficients should remain as they are. We have to use our 2-5 for positioning and setting up successful attacks, and I think the balance here is quite good as is. This would also be especially hurtful to sword (even more s/p) because of the lower attack speed of sword.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I think you havent play this weapon set for long

> > remove the unblockbale on FS and LS will kill S/D again, unless FS always circle into LS like before. I play this weapon set for 4 years when JumperX make it out . I know all the weakness .

> >

> > Make FS always circle into LS

> > remove the unblockbale on FS

> > remove the +20% bonus to boonless foe on LS

> >

> > the only change will make S/D balanced, not kill it once again

>

> But why should FS always cycle to LS? LS should be rewarded for landing FS in the first place though since it's become unblockble it's pretty meh right now. Just remove dmg bonus from LS and make FS blockable.

that will just kill poewr S/D once again. LS is a single target skill, melee, cast 0.5 sec to land. and if you cant hit someone with FS you cant even use it.

have you play power sd since they change the FS/LS before the HOT? this skill is the KEY WORD of S/D if you just make FS blockable and dont make FS cycle into LS then S/D will became trash once again. I have play this weapon set for too long ,even it WAS trash before

Been playing it on and off for years, when it was only 1 skill and not split I to 2 but started to play it serious around a year before HoT. Nothing wrong with FS before PoF came out and it was far more rewarding and exciting to play. Now people can just spam #3 because there is nothing stopping it to land (that's ofc the other guy doesn't dodge) and rely of roll for initiative and upper hand. It's dumb and shouldn't be played like this.

I don't think it will make it trash again, only people who relied on that gimmick will probably just go back to d/p or something. What is your reasoning for free casting FS and auto procking to LS?

It just occured to me that this is the first time anet is taking feedback on class balance this seriously. Probably going to be the only opportunity for necro to be saved.

Dagger

2 skill cast time should be shortened

3 skill cast time shortened

5 skill should change to a direct damage skill. Right now it doesnt do anything useful

Axe

2 skill cast time shortened

3 skill should have a reveal. Including traited version. Classes with stealth can disengage whenever they want, necro cannot. I dont see why necro doesnt at least get a reveal when revenant does and it also doesnt have an escape.

Greatsword

1 skill should fire icy projectile on each swing. If its too strong to be native then on the greatsword trait instead of that heal

Focus

4 skill changed to AoE cc. If too strong at least, something else entirely from what it is currently. Aoe slow maybe.

Reaper and Core Shroud cooldown should be natively 5 seconds. Necro has no block or invuln.

All the corruption skills should not affect the caster. This was a notorious complaint from the community. Nobody wants to be weakned just because they want projectile block. Combat moves too quickly to be thinking about transferring self applied conditions after you use corruption skills. An extra button/ skill slot needs to be used just to transfer plus its a waste of cleanse. Transfers can also miss which means you just sabotaged yourself by using corruption . No class has this problem.

All the wells should be changed. Mesmers gravity well is better than every well necro has combined and it does completely different things. Gravity well or a similar effect should have been given to necro as a reaper elite because of how many of Necro's direct damage weapon attacks work. Channeling and slow casts make the caster vulnerable. Something to hold targets in place would have helped.

Condi necro especially scourge is seen as unbalanced. The reason why that is is not cuz of scourge but because you sent stacking and damage potential through the roof. Prolly cuz of bunker and other peoples stacks overiding their teammates.

I would remove all bunker and support amulets from pvp and normalize the numbers from there then kill the stacking potential of conditions

In addition to nerfing power coefficients.

This would help combat look more sane in the long run without the problem of bunkers cuz we dont want a return to vanilla bunker meta (turret engie ftw).