funny nerfs again

Ragnarox.9601

> @"Darknicrofia.2604" said:

> > @"Saiyan.1704" said:

> > > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > i may sound like a guardian hater, but you guys are **pretty op**.You are **neigh invincible** in defensives and run at **super speed**, or at least it seems so.its kinda silly with the amounts of **condi/power burst** you can give out while **surviving anything**.

> >

> > * *Invincible Defenses*

> > * *Super speed*

> > * *High Condi + Power burst*

> > * *Surviving Everything*

> >

> > I gave the game a break after this most recent, laughable patch, but... Is there a new FB meta build I missed out on or is @"Axl.8924" smoking something fierce?

>

> he's running the zeal/radiance/valor/honor/virtues/firebrand build with magi/zerk/viper amulet all equipped at the same time.

Oh ok, that makes sense... Please excuse me while I shove my monitor in my freezer. :bleep_bloop:

Bunker Firebrand had to go A-net does not want that kind of build in spvp. I do believe we need more in compensation to other things (I mean really minor buffs to leap of faith, zealous blade, signet of restoration, and spirit weapons again lol) but to me its pretty clear what A-net wanted to do to the builds they saw as most problematic which is Support Firebrad, Scourge, Holo, and Spell Breaker which is too nerf them pretty severely and drive players off them to try other things. They'll bring them back up some in the future if necessary and yes I am in favor of this sort of balancing at least over the little shave here or there method which sometimes leaves stuff op forever.

> @"Kuya.6495" said:

> it's funny. guardian mains haven't been complaining too much in the past year. it's funny watching the hysteria return to this sub forum.

That's because for a while Anet looked like they knew what they were doing. They added symbols to the weapons that lacked them, made shield actually useful, said they were working on Spirit weapons (which sadly was a trash rework, all that was needed was to make them permenant like Necro minions), and made it so we could actually play support (though only in PvP cause Chrono and Druid must dominate PvE until the end of time). Now they're backing off and just nerfing stuff or making the most useless "fixes" to spirit weapons, or buffing the powerful classes.

The thing that annoys me the most as a mostly PvE player is they are finally doing skill splits between PvE and PvP but every thing that gets split doesn't need to be (the Zealous Blade buff coming is PvP only) or should have been split but wasn't (Tome of Courage #1 lost Aegis is PvP which was good, but in PvE it was a huge blow to possibly playing a heal Firebrand).

Haven't played my Guardian in a while due to moving issues but this just sort of makes me think back to when we got to try the new specs out before the expansion release.

This was a concern (the strength of the tome skills) brought up before. Some suggested giving up a weapon choice (meaning no weapon swap) for all their strong tome skills but was dismissed. If what you guys are saying is true, are the tome skills even decent? Or are they more flavor than utility now? Would you trade a weapon swap for this build to get OG Firebrand tomes, aegis spam and all?

> @"Leo G.4501" said:

> Haven't played my Guardian in a while due to moving issues but this just sort of makes me think back to when we got to try the new specs out before the expansion release.

>

> This was a concern (the strength of the tome skills) brought up before. Some suggested giving up a weapon choice (meaning no weapon swap) for all their strong tome skills but was dismissed. If what you guys are saying is true, are the tome skills even decent? Or are they more flavor than utility now? Would you trade a weapon swap for this build to get OG Firebrand tomes, aegis spam and all?

I was one of those who suggested removing weapon swap, but even pre-nerf Tomes were not worth the sacrifice.

I wanted Firebrand to be a tome spec, as was advertised. Instead, what I got was floating paper instead of tomes, and huge cooldowns that render F2 and F3 mere panic buttons instead of proper parts of the spec.

I would have liked to see weapon swap removed, but only if tome cooldowns were severely reduced (as low as Ele attunements), and full tome reworks. Which is something that will never happen, because anet can't be bothered with guardian.

> @"RabbitUp.8294" said:

> > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > Haven't played my Guardian in a while due to moving issues but this just sort of makes me think back to when we got to try the new specs out before the expansion release.

> >

> > This was a concern (the strength of the tome skills) brought up before. Some suggested giving up a weapon choice (meaning no weapon swap) for all their strong tome skills but was dismissed. If what you guys are saying is true, are the tome skills even decent? Or are they more flavor than utility now? Would you trade a weapon swap for this build to get OG Firebrand tomes, aegis spam and all?

>

> I was one of those who suggested removing weapon swap, but even pre-nerf Tomes were not worth the sacrifice.

>

> I wanted Firebrand to be a tome spec, as was advertised. Instead, what I got was floating paper instead of tomes, and huge cooldowns that render F2 and F3 mere panic buttons instead of proper parts of the spec.

>

> I would have liked to see weapon swap removed, but only if tome cooldowns were severely reduced (as low as Ele attunements), and full tome reworks. Which is something that will never happen, because anet can't be bothered with guardian.

And I will stop playing guardian and vast majority of people who play the class will. I specifically main guardian because there are no gimmicks. No skill swap or non-functional energy systems. I started the game as Mesmer, then switched to Rev before finally settling for guardian specifically for the exact opposite of what you are requesting. I also dislike FB for that exact reason.

That does not mean guardian is without issues. Core and DH most definitely were left behind with PoF in all game modes. At least the recent sPvP nerf to all bruiser builds will give core more competitive spot.

> @"otto.5684" said:

> > @"RabbitUp.8294" said:

> > > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > Haven't played my Guardian in a while due to moving issues but this just sort of makes me think back to when we got to try the new specs out before the expansion release.

> > >

> > > This was a concern (the strength of the tome skills) brought up before. Some suggested giving up a weapon choice (meaning no weapon swap) for all their strong tome skills but was dismissed. If what you guys are saying is true, are the tome skills even decent? Or are they more flavor than utility now? Would you trade a weapon swap for this build to get OG Firebrand tomes, aegis spam and all?

> >

> > I was one of those who suggested removing weapon swap, but even pre-nerf Tomes were not worth the sacrifice.

> >

> > I wanted Firebrand to be a tome spec, as was advertised. Instead, what I got was floating paper instead of tomes, and huge cooldowns that render F2 and F3 mere panic buttons instead of proper parts of the spec.

> >

> > I would have liked to see weapon swap removed, but only if tome cooldowns were severely reduced (as low as Ele attunements), and full tome reworks. Which is something that will never happen, because anet can't be bothered with guardian.

>

> And I will stop playing guardian and vast majority of people who play the class will. I specifically main guardian because there are no gimmicks. No skill swap or non-functional energy systems. I started the game as Mesmer, then switched to Rev before finally settling for guardian specifically for the exact opposite of what you are requesting. I also dislike FB for that exact reason.

>

> That does not mean guardian is without issues. Core and DH most definitely were left behind with PoF in all game modes. At least the recent sPvP nerf to all bruiser builds will give core more competitive spot.

But you could still play DH or Core or the next elite spec that comes out. It'd be kind of over-reacting to quit guardian just because 1 spec has a specific gimmick you don't prefer.

As is now, FB sounds like it has a really watered down gimmick so why bother?

If it wasn't for the good trailer for the next living story, I would uninstall GW2 and not come back to my holo main. The nerf is so heavy handed it makes me wonder if they even test the nerfs! Even the scourge one is too much.

Feels like they want to rotate what prof is strong rather than keep everything balanced. Honestly I thought (from the perspective of scourge, SB and holo) that holo was the most balanced spec and things should of been balanced to that. Maybe it being my main I have some bias but honestly I felt a nerf here and there and a buff to weaver was what was needed. Not gutting half the profs to trash.

> @"otto.5684" said:

> > @"RabbitUp.8294" said:

> > > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > Haven't played my Guardian in a while due to moving issues but this just sort of makes me think back to when we got to try the new specs out before the expansion release.

> > >

> > > This was a concern (the strength of the tome skills) brought up before. Some suggested giving up a weapon choice (meaning no weapon swap) for all their strong tome skills but was dismissed. If what you guys are saying is true, are the tome skills even decent? Or are they more flavor than utility now? Would you trade a weapon swap for this build to get OG Firebrand tomes, aegis spam and all?

> >

> > I was one of those who suggested removing weapon swap, but even pre-nerf Tomes were not worth the sacrifice.

> >

> > I wanted Firebrand to be a tome spec, as was advertised. Instead, what I got was floating paper instead of tomes, and huge cooldowns that render F2 and F3 mere panic buttons instead of proper parts of the spec.

> >

> > I would have liked to see weapon swap removed, but only if tome cooldowns were severely reduced (as low as Ele attunements), and full tome reworks. Which is something that will never happen, because anet can't be bothered with guardian.

>

> And I will stop playing guardian and vast majority of people who play the class will. I specifically main guardian because there are no gimmicks. No skill swap or non-functional energy systems. I started the game as Mesmer, then switched to Rev before finally settling for guardian specifically for the exact opposite of what you are requesting. I also dislike FB for that exact reason.

>

> That does not mean guardian is without issues. Core and DH most definitely were left behind with PoF in all game modes. At least the recent sPvP nerf to all bruiser builds will give core more competitive spot.

That's your problem; if you quit, then goodbye. You said it yourself that you already dislike FB, so why do you care?

Guardian having no "gimmick" as a core class doesn't mean it's never allowed to have an elite spec that does things differently.

> @"Bish.8627" said:

> If it wasn't for the good trailer for the next living story, I would uninstall GW2 and not come back to my holo main. The nerf is so heavy handed it makes me wonder if they even test the nerfs! Even the scourge one is too much.

>

> Feels like they want to rotate what prof is strong rather than keep everything balanced. Honestly I thought (from the perspective of scourge, SB and holo) that holo was the most balanced spec and things should of been balanced to that. Maybe it being my main I have some bias but honestly I felt a nerf here and there and a buff to weaver was what was needed. Not gutting half the profs to trash.

The problem is that not all professions are handled differently for each game mode. Weaver didn't need buffs for pve, but nerfs, at the very least a removal of Tempest Defense. Meanwhile, Firebrand needed buffs to support in pve and DH needed some minor dps buffs. Instead, support FB was severely nerfed in pve.

Other professions, like SB who were very strong in pvp/wvw got proper nerfs, and their pve side some strong buffs, so now SB is the best power spec after weaver.

• 3 weeks later...

> @"RabbitUp.8294" said:

> > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > Haven't played my Guardian in a while due to moving issues but this just sort of makes me think back to when we got to try the new specs out before the expansion release.

> >

> > This was a concern (the strength of the tome skills) brought up before. Some suggested giving up a weapon choice (meaning no weapon swap) for all their strong tome skills but was dismissed. If what you guys are saying is true, are the tome skills even decent? Or are they more flavor than utility now? Would you trade a weapon swap for this build to get OG Firebrand tomes, aegis spam and all?

>

> I was one of those who suggested removing weapon swap, but even pre-nerf Tomes were not worth the sacrifice.

>

> I wanted Firebrand to be a tome spec, as was advertised. Instead, what I got was floating paper instead of tomes, and huge cooldowns that render F2 and F3 mere panic buttons instead of proper parts of the spec.

>

> I would have liked to see weapon swap removed, but only if tome cooldowns were severely reduced (as low as Ele attunements), and full tome reworks. Which is something that will never happen, because anet can't be bothered with guardian.

Just logged in to say that I support this soooo much... And I rather have the old animation with a proper tome in front of me instead of flowing tissue papers.

Also, the legendary effect could still be around the arms.