42:1000:7006:1232 Can't login to client

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"cavemanreborntwo.5614" said:

> > @"dude.2950" said:

> > Hi, I tried login in today after a month. I got this same error, tried everything that forums suggested.

> > I'm also on virgin in London.

> > Please help.

>

> i can confirm that once "virus" safety from virgin media is deactivated i can now log in, virgin media users need to log into their virgin media account on virgins website NOT the ROUTER, once logged in, you will need to go to MY APPS> WEB SAFE then turn VIRUS SAFE off, this should be safe, i dont know much about stuff like this, but i presume its just like a extra anti virus feature from virgin, you should still be protected by routers firewall and your anti virus on the computer, HOPE THIS HELPS!! :)))

Thanks for this, It worked for me... :)

Couldn't log in right after changing the Virus Safe setting to off and I'm not sure if it was just a timing issue or if it was because restarted GW2 that allowed me to now log in.

I tried reporting to Telstra but sounds like it's a bigger problem than just them. Their help didn't seem to understand what I wanted but anyway... (after I got put through to 3 "wrong" people via their "chat with us" link that apparently just hooks you up with whatever random department it feels like "you have reached billing" well your chat program contacted you so blame it! anyway... it's saturday night so meh nobody's going to do *** about it today lmao).

Hopefully since it's an issue that affects a lot of people it'll be followed up by Anet (and it seems the issue is not just Telstra). I am not messing with my security or DNS since this is a share-house and the more security the better so hopefully it will be resolved without my having to disable or jerry-rig settings. Otherwise no more gw2 for me.

So it seems Anet support is giving this as a work around

GM Zippy the Wonder Squirrel (Guild Wars 2 Support)

Feb 24, 02:35 PST

Hiya again!

I have been attempting to locate a solution for this, and I was able to locate a possible solution on our forums. The issue that you are reporting may be due to a problem with the DNS provided by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). Please try the steps in the following link to override your current DNS settings and use Google's Public DNS: http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using.html.

Once done, please follow the steps below to clear the DNS cache.

Press and hold the Windows key and press the R key. This should bring up the "Run" dialogue box.

In that box, type "cmd" without the quotes, and click the "OK" button. A DOS window should open.

Enter the following command and press enter: ipconfig /flushdns

This should clear your DNS cache. You may need to perform this command a few times.

If this did not resolve the issue you will need to contact your ISP in order to have the issue resolved. Using a DNS that is not provided by your ISP may lead to slow connection issues.

Regards,

GM Zippy the Wonder Squirrel

Guild Wars 2 Support Team

http://help.guildwars2.com/

I've tried this on my end ( UK - isp = BT ) and it didn't work.

Hopefully @"Gaile Gray.6029" will have an official update for us that isn't some google'd 'work around' today ( day 2 )

> @"Host Tar.8436" said:

> Nothing working for me.

I'm assuming you tried changing your DNS? You have to restart the game and maybe flush your DNS cache. Open a command prompt (search start: cmd.exe) and enter:

ipconfig /flushdns

If you've done that and it still doesn't work, ensure that any security software you may be running isn't also blocking it.

Confirm that your DNS is still giving the wrong result by opening a command prompt and entering:

nslookup cligate.101.ncplatform.net

You can compare it to Google's, though it may also be invalid if you have software blocking it:

nslookup cligate.101.ncplatform.net 8.8.8.8

If you're getting the correct IPs for both (they should be registered to Amazon), you have a different problem and none of this applies.

If you haven't changed your DNS, you can alternatively manually set the IP by editing your hosts file. Search your start menu for notepad, right click it and run it as an administrator. In notepad, open the file C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts. At the bottom of the file, add a new line and enter the following, then save it:

34.205.103.240 cligate.101.ncplatform.net

Remember to remove this line the next time you fail to login, since it'll eventually stop working.

If you don't want to fix the problem yourself, contact your ISP and complain about the DNS result for cligate.101.ncplatform.net. This isn't something ArenaNet can fix for you.

> @"Tambaloneus.6290" said:

> I am not messing with my security or DNS since this is a share-house and the more security the better so hopefully it will be resolved without my having to disable or jerry-rig settings.

You can manually set the proper IP instead, if you refuse to change your DNS or remove their blocks. See above for editing the hosts file. Note that actually fixing the problem is entirely up to your ISP, or more specifically, the service they're using to blacklist domains.

I too cannot login. (Virgin Media UK)

I have disabled Windows firewall, and my routers firewall. Disabled antivirus, ran GW2 repair tool, and diagnostics. I have changed my DNS to googles and connected via my phones 4G network. Nothing so far has allowed me to login from my home PC.

I have remote connected on to my work PC (about 20 miles away) and logged in (BT Business broadband).

Interesting.

I have been able to log back in using the DNS workaround. It would appear the rumours of certain ISP DNS ranges being marked as malicious may have some traction. I do not mind manually assigning a DNS as I do love to tinker with things anyway but I certainly hope that, going forward, this will not have to be a regular thing.

Good luck ArenaNet!

> @"Phelon.6842" said:

> Only skimmed through this thread so apologies if its been said, but I did see someone say about DNS servers being hijacked by your ISP. Im on Virgin in the UK, and changed my DNS severs to the Google ones as per this - https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using and logged straight in. Hope it works for others.

this totally worked for me

> @"Xstazia.2894" said:

> @"Host Tar.8436" I didnt do anything with command prompts just changed the DNS server .... I am on on windows 10 and this was my procedure.....

> go to windows icon, go to settings, network and internet, change adaptor options, choose either wifi or ethernet (whichever you are connected by) right click, properties, double click the IPV4, check the "use the following DNS server" and enter 8 8 8 8 in preferred and 8 8 4 4 in alternative and then tick the validate settings box...

> This worked for me anyway but I am not responsible if it goes wrong :P and my partner got into GW2 with this as well but couldnt then go online on Horizon

> I have seen some posts that say to make a note of the IP address you have so you can swap it back but mine obtains it automatically so I didnt need to note anything

> Hope this helps !

I did same as above worked straight away

EU server UK

BT

Thank you

Hey guy , how are you all ?

Yesterday while i was playing guild wars 2 , an error window pop up and it said (The game client is unable to gain access to the log-in server at this time. This is most commonly caused by firewall or router settings, security applications, or connecting through a campus network. For additional support, please visit http://support.guildwars2.com.)

I have reset/change the password but i seem to have trouble logging in over and over again!!!

please help !!!!!!! T . T

Submitted the ticket, but can see nowhere to attach the log files. Told them that, hoping I can attach them to an email since not one of those many form fields seems to want them. Also in the UK and Virgin Media. Do not want to start playing with web safe, didn't even realise that was a thing (my mum's the account owner).

Saw on Twitter other people have guessed the next best thing to paste the entire log text. Done. ex-IT-Support-senses tingling in how obvious that was to tell us or for me to think of, damn stress vs sleep, eh.

**_## So this is for anyone in the UK ( Brexit ) using BT ( British Telecom )_**

Make sure Parental Controls is turned off/deleted

Then ALSO make sure

BT web Protect is OFF also

This is the one that got login to work for me.

I turned it back on and was unable to log in, once it was off again... NO issues.

So give that a go my BT sons/daughters o/