42:1000:7006:1232 Can't login to client

Just used my VPN to log in via the Netherlands, aside form the typical VPN lag I had no issue, Logging in natural from Australia though, could not contact the log in servers. Almost feels like my ISP is domain blocking

Anyone Not Australian not on Telstra having this issue??

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"He Hinky.8014" said:

> same Issue ,cant log in,Wales ,UK.

Same issue, UK too, ISP is virgin broadband if its any help. Don't really want to mess with internet security settings and other DNS to be honest, after about an hour of checking my antivirus and router firewall i found this forum post, glad its not just me, I initially thought it was my end but looks like a problem Anet side?

This is definitely on Telstra for me and a friend, the ncsoft server is being flagged as Malicious by Telstra Broadband Protect, which was freely included in all recent plans. Lowering the protection doesn't help, since it still blocks it anyway, and the only way it seems preventable is to remove that "protection" entirely in account settings. Noticed this after Anska's advice a page or two back.

> @"Solomon.8501" said:

> I couldn't log in almost the entire day. Is it the servers or the internet companies?

It's the ISPs, so it's a waiting game on when they'll unblock GW2. Complain to your ISP if you want to fix it faster, or fix it yourself by switching DNS providers.

The problem is, some of GW2's domains have been flagged as malicious, so some ISPs and other services that try to protect you are blocking access to the game. You can fix the problem yourself by disabling this protection, or using a different DNS provider. This was essentially a different kind of attack on GW2 to interrupt service, but instead of attacking the game directly, they fooled the ISPs into doing it for them.

> @"Healix.5819" said:

> > @"Solomon.8501" said:

> > I couldn't log in almost the entire day. Is it the servers or the internet companies?

>

> It's the ISPs, so it's a waiting game on when they'll unblock GW2. Complain to your ISP if you want to fix it faster, or fix it yourself by switching DNS providers.

>

> The problem is, some of GW2's domains have been flagged as malicious, so some ISPs and other services that try to protect you are blocking access to the game. You can fix the problem yourself by disabling this protection, or using a different DNS provider. This was essentially a different kind of attack on GW2 to interrupt service, but instead of attacking the game directly, they fooled the ISPs into doing it for them.

I think if I reported to my ISP they wouldn't care xd. I don't know how to change a DNS so I think I'll wait :s.

Thanks buddy

> @"Solomon.8501" said:

> I think if I reported to my ISP they wouldn't care xd. I don't know how to change a DNS so I think I'll wait :s.

It could take days for them to unblock it. It really depends on how many complain to these services.

Depending on which ISP you're with, you may be able to disable their DNS protection rather than outright switching providers. Some security software is also causing it, so if you're not with the ISPs already listed in this thread, check that instead.

Google has a guide on using their DNS:

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

You can temporarily manually override the IP instead. Just don't forget doing this, since the IP will eventually change. Search your start menu for notepad, right click it and run it as an administrator. In notepad, open the file C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts. At the bottom of the file, add a new line and enter the following, then save it and start GW2:

34.205.103.240 cligate.101.ncplatform.net

> @"Healix.5819" said:

> > I think if I reported to my ISP they wouldn't care xd. I don't know how to change a DNS so I think I'll wait :s.

>

> It could take days for them to unblock it. It really depends on how many complain to these services.

>

> Depending on which ISP you're with, you may be able to disable their DNS protection rather than outright switching providers. Some security software is also causing it, so if you're not with the ISPs already listed in this thread, check that instead.

>

> Google has a guide on using their DNS:

> https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

>

> You can temporarily manually override the IP instead. Just don't forget doing this, since the IP will eventually change. Search your start menu for notepad, right click it and run it as an administrator. In notepad, open the file C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts. At the bottom of the file, add a new line and enter the following, then save it and start GW2:

>

> 34.205.103.240 cligate.101.ncplatform.net

OMG the notepad thingy fixed it. THANK YOU.

If the problems comes back I'll try to complain to the ISP.

Btw, do these attacks happen often?

A technician I can't quote said that if I had good AV protection the Broadband Protect program wasn't really necessary. Removing it made no difference for me, however.

I agree with Randulf.7614, some message from Anet, even saying they were stumped, but still working on it, would be great. I've discovered I can get in on my laptop, mobile broadband, but still Telstra. I updated my ticket to confuse them further. ;)

> @"Solomon.8501" said:

> Btw, do these attacks happen often?

This type specifically? Not really. The same thing happened a few years ago, but had a much smaller scope. A similar problem has also happened to NCSoft's emails a few times over the years.

In general? DDoS attacks are far more common and maybe happen a few times a year, but tend to only last a few hours.

> @"Solomon.8501" said:

> OMG the notepad thingy fixed it. THANK YOU.

> If the problems comes back I'll try to complain to the ISP.

Just remember to remove that line the next time you can't login, since the IP for that server will eventually change.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> At this point, we need some communication from Anet. Great to see players sharing workarounds, but Anet themselves should have a clear idea of the issue by now and can advise wherher we should even be risking these or holding fire for their fix.

If they read the thread, the problem was obvious before they even posted. They've likely already filed a complaint with the ISPs mentioned, so they're waiting on them to fix the problem. That's all they could really tell you, besides telling you to do what has already been posted to fix it immediately.

> @"Healix.5819" said:

> > Btw, do these attacks happen often?

>

> This type specifically? Not really. The same thing happened a few years ago, but had a much smaller scope. A similar problem has also happened to NCSoft's emails a few times over the years.

>

> In general? DDoS attacks are far more common and maybe happen a few times a year, but tend to only last a few hours.

>

> > OMG the notepad thingy fixed it. THANK YOU.

> > If the problems comes back I'll try to complain to the ISP.

>

> Just remember to remove that line the next time you can't login, since the IP for that server will eventually change.

>

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > At this point, we need some communication from Anet. Great to see players sharing workarounds, but Anet themselves should have a clear idea of the issue by now and can advise wherher we should even be risking these or holding fire for their fix.

>

> If they read the thread, the problem was obvious before they even posted. They've likely already filed a complaint with the ISPs mentioned, so they're waiting on them to fix the problem. That's all they could really tell you, besides telling you to do what has already been posted to fix it immediately.

Id be quite happy with that communication, but it needs to come from them. It is clear we are in for a wait given it is the weekend, but confirmation at this point would be at the least, a courtesy

I confirm that **Virgin Media UK too is blocking** the cligate.101.ncplatform.net and similar.

I have gone and disabled my "virus safe" option with virgin media and login works.

**I have reported it to virgin on their "websafe" reporting form, but it would be good if others reported it to**, as it is the weekend...