42:1000:7006:1232 Can't login to client

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had these problems logging in too. I'm in the UK with BT as my ISP. I went to:

MyBT -> Your Security Products, and disabled "BT Web Protect".

The game now works, but I'm missing a basic protection on my home network. Far from ideal.

Edit: I originally disabled the Parental Controls too, but actually it turns out I can leave them on and the game still works.

> @"Scarlaette.3792" said:

> Update for me: After adding the additional info requested on Page 4 of this post to my open ticket, I actually got a response. I have been requested to send through a Game Advisor test file so they can look into it. Not sure if anyone else has had this response? I guess we shall wait and see what they say :)

I got that request too. So I downloaded it, ran it and sent the generated file back to ANet. Here's the response to that.

(Guild Wars 2 Support)

Feb 24, 20:23 PST

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Please try using the instructions below to prevent background applications from automatically starting with Windows as this can often causes issues like the one you reported. Please note, this process will not uninstall any applications from your computer (just prevent these applications from automatically starting when Windows boots up).

First, open the Windows Start menu and type in "MSCONFIG." This will start a search for any "Apps" called "MSCONFIG."

The first and only result should be "System Configuration." Left click on this. A new window will appear called "System Configuration."

Click the "Services" tab.

Click "Hide all Microsoft Services" at the bottom and once done, click "Disable All" (you MUST click "Hide all Microsoft Services" to avoid deactivating essential programs).

Click the "Startup" tab.

Click "Open Task Manager."

A list will be generated of all the applications you have set to start when Windows first boots up. Right-click on these applications one by one and select "Disable." Once completed, click "Ok" to save your changes. This will prompt you to reboot your computer. Please do so.

Once you return to Windows, try connecting again.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any additional issues, questions, or concerns.

Regards

Here's the technical comparison for anyone interested. Your ISP is attempting to protect you as it thinks a domain owned by ArenaNet is malicious. Your ISP is doing this by pointing your PC at a blackhole whenever you try to connect to that domain.

**GW2 Client**

Makes a DNS request

_Dns: QueryId = 0x3DB4, QUERY (Standard query), Query for cligate.101.ncplatform.net of type Host Addr on class Internet_

**Using my ISP DNS server**,

Responds to the DNS request with incorrect IP address. Its essentially a blackhole IP address owned by my ISP (Telstra), because as it has been mentioned previously ncplatform.net has been blacklisted. When your ISP sees you making DNS queries it responds with the blackhole IP address so you cannot connect to the supposed malicious website.

_Dns: QueryId = 0x3DB4, QUERY (Standard query), Response - Success, 61.9.211.50_

**Using Google DNS server**

Responds to the DNS request with the correct IP address. Happy days

_Dns: QueryId = 0x1542, QUERY (Standard query), Response - Success, 34.203.129.106, 34.236.73.44 ..._

First off I am UK (EU server) and with BT for my internet.

I am not one to blindly go ahead and try workarounds before I read up on them. I am not overly tech savvy either but links below and this link https://gyazo.com/4ccd8e5916e6eb711eadf92a39c1c2d3 thanks to **Silver.2031**, I managed to locate where I needed to go in my OS.

I first sent a diagnotic report to Anet using their online ticket system https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/requests/new on their site and I suggest everyone to do this, just so that Anet has as much information as possible to work with, for the people having problems login in. I just copied and pasted the diagnostic report into the space where you type your problem, as well as filling in the other questions for your personal information that you can remember.

The diagnostic basically consists of you locating your **Gw2.exe** in your GW2 folder and creating another shortcut of it on your desktop, then right click and select **Properties**. Then type **-diag** at the end of the target line e.g (**"C:\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe" -diag**) and **OK** it. Now run the new shortcut and let it create the report for a few mins, then save it to your desktop. Copy/paste it like explained above.

Then after waiting for a fix and nothing coming through from Anet, I then tried the google DNS workaround. The workaround seemed the most straight forward for me after reading about it in more detail from this link https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/30050/potential-fix-for-the-log-in-server-issue#latest thanks to **Silver.2031** for this information.

Basically your either changing your DNS numbers from whatever you had it before (remember to write them down in case you have to revert back) or from **Obtain DNS server address automatically** option and instead clicking on **Use the DNS server addresses** and typing in the numbers for the DNS Google in the space below it.

**DNS Google

Preferred DNS server - 8.8.8.8

Alternate DNS server - 8.8.4.4

After that was done, I **OK** it and closed it, then tried to login in and everything worked again. The game felt exactly the same as before, ping seemed the same pretty much but can actually play now. There was no need to restart computer or anything, just type in the numbers and it worked straight away. No login error message. After I finished playing the game, I just switched mine back to **Obtain server address automatically** and **OK** it again.

The link was for Windows 10 but locating your DNS shouldn't be too hard on older windows. Tested it Vista also, I opened **Control Panel**, then **Network and Sharing Center**. Then select the option **Manage wirelsss networks** or **Manage network connections**. For **Manage wireless networks** I select my network on the list and then clicked **Adapter properties**, click **continue** when window pops up. Then select **Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4)** from the list and finally click **Properties**. You then click on **Use the following DNS server addresses** and type in DNS numbers mentioned above.

For **Manage wireless networks**, its basically the same but instead select your network on the list and right click, then select **Properties** and follow the same process above.

This is a long winded explanation but might help some people not as tech savvy and need to step by step advise. On a side note taking your BT protection off from your MyBT account on the BT website has helped some but I haven't tried that yet, plus you will be lowering the security of your connection a bit aswell. Not sure if changing your DNS will effect your security or not but it does allow some to login. Obviously every workaround is try at your own risk and its just a workaround and not a fix.

> @"Egg.6198" said:

> First off I am UK (EU server) and with BT for my internet.

>

> I am not one to blindly go ahead and try workarounds before I read up on them. I am not overly tech savvy either but links below and this link https://gyazo.com/4ccd8e5916e6eb711eadf92a39c1c2d3 thanks to **Silver.2031**, I managed to locate where I needed to go in my OS.

>

> I first sent a diagnotic report to Anet using their online ticket system https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/requests/new on their site and I suggest everyone to do this, just so that Anet has as much information as possible to work with, for the people having problems login in. I just copied and pasted the diagnostic report into the space where you type your problem, as well as filling in the other questions for your personal information that you can remember.

>

> The diagnostic basically consists of you locating your **Gw2.exe** in your GW2 folder and creating another shortcut of it on your desktop, then right click and select **Properties**. Then type **-diag** at the end of the target line e.g (**"C:\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe" -diag**) and **OK** it. Now run the new shortcut and let it create the report for a few mins, then save it to your desktop. Copy/paste it like explained above.

>

> Then after waiting for a fix and nothing coming through from Anet, I then tried the google DNS workaround. The workaround seemed the most straight forward for me after reading about it in more detail from this link https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/30050/potential-fix-for-the-log-in-server-issue#latest thanks to **Silver.2031** for this information.

>

> Basically your either changing your DNS numbers from whatever you had it before (remember to write them down in case you have to revert back) or from **Obtain DNS server address automatically** option and instead clicking on **Use the DNS server addresses** and typing in the numbers for the DNS Google in the space below it.

>

> **DNS Google

>

> Preferred DNS server - 8.8.8.8

> Alternate DNS server - 8.8.4.4

> **

> After that was done, I **OK** it and closed it, then tried to login in and everything worked again. The game felt exactly the same as before, ping seemed the same pretty much but can actually play now. There was no need to restart computer or anything, just type in the numbers and it worked straight away. No login error message. After I finished playing the game, I just switched mine back to **Obtain server address automatically** and **OK** it again.

>

> The link was for Windows 10 but locating your DNS shouldn't be too hard on older windows. Tested it Vista also, I opened **Control Panel**, then **Network and Sharing Center**. Then select the option **Manage wirelsss networks** or **Manage network connections**. For **Manage wireless networks** I select my network on the list and then clicked **Adapter properties**, click **continue** when window pops up. Then select **Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4)** from the list and finally click **Properties**. You then click on **Use the following DNS server addresses** and type in DNS numbers mentioned above.

>

> For **Manage wireless networks**, its basically the same but instead select your network on the list and right click, then select **Properties** and follow the same process above.

>

> This is a long winded explanation but might help some people not as tech savvy and need to step by step advise. On a side note taking your BT protection off from your MyBT account on the BT website has helped some but I haven't tried that yet, plus you will be lowering the security of your connection a bit aswell. Not sure if changing your DNS will effect your security or not but it does allow some to login. Obviously every workaround is try at your own risk and its just a workaround and not a fix.

Should be no need now, as it appears to be working. Thanks though

This is the response I got from support as a fix:

"The issue that you are reporting may be due to a problem with the DNS provided by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). Please try the steps in the following link to override your current DNS settings and use Google's Public DNS: http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using.html.

Once done, please follow the steps below to clear the DNS cache.

Press and hold the Windows key and press the R key. This should bring up the "Run" dialogue box.

In that box, type "cmd" without the quotes, and click the "OK" button. A DOS window should open.

Enter the following command and press enter: ipconfig /flushdns

This should clear your DNS cache. You may need to perform this command a few times.

If this did not resolve the issue you will need to contact your ISP in order to have the issue resolved. Using a DNS that is not provided by your ISP may lead to slow connection issues! ^_^"

More than 24 hours to come up with this as a fix. Which is not even a permanent fix I think.

That being said though, the game seems be working now. As of 6.51am 26/02/2018 Australia. Provider is Telstra. So all those with Telstra, give it a go. Gawd is good to get back in the game. Lost out on 2 days login rewards lol.