why are PVE infusions +4?

Menadena.7482

If you do WVW you get +5 and a bonus against certain NPCs. The PVE version does not have the bonus and the stat bump goes down. Granted, it is only +1/infusion, but if PVE is your only option for getting them would it not make sense to have them +5 like their corresponding ones in wvw? Even if the cost was a couple of laurels more?

I suspect the majority of players are PvE therefore PvE doesn’t need special rewards or inducements to get people to try it out. It’s PvP and WvW that has a smaller population and has to get people to give it a try. I think that’s why sPvP and WvW has reward tracks, Legendary backpacks and the +1 stat on infusions.

> @"Tails.9372" said:

> I'm pretty sure fractals has +5 stat infusions, that's PvE. Alternatively some open world events have a chance to give you items which can be turned into +5 stat infusions, the droprate is abysmal tho.

Not quite what I had in mind for pve. Fractals are entirely different that open world pve, more a sub-category of dungeons.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> I suspect the majority of players are PvE therefore PvE doesn’t need special rewards or inducements to get people to try it out. It’s PvP and WvW that has a smaller population and has to get people to give it a try. I think that’s why sPvP and WvW has reward tracks, Legendary backpacks and the +1 stat on infusions.

You don't want to ever force pve players to play pvp content. All it does is lower the quality of the pvp, which only hurts those genuinely interested in actual pvping.

> @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > I suspect the majority of players are PvE therefore PvE doesn’t need special rewards or inducements to get people to try it out. It’s PvP and WvW that has a smaller population and has to get people to give it a try. I think that’s why sPvP and WvW has reward tracks, Legendary backpacks and the +1 stat on infusions.

>

> You don't want to ever force pve players to play pvp content. All it does is lower the quality of the pvp, which only hurts those genuinely interested in actual pvping.

Induce: succeed in persuading or influencing (someone) to do something.

That’s not forcing. That’s giving people who otherwise wouldn’t give that game mode a whirl a reason to try to see if they like it.

> @"Menadena.7482" said:

> > @"Tails.9372" said:

> > I'm pretty sure fractals has +5 stat infusions, that's PvE. Alternatively some open world events have a chance to give you items which can be turned into +5 stat infusions, the droprate is abysmal tho.

>

> Not quite what I had in mind for pve. Fractals are entirely different that open world pve, more a sub-category of dungeons.

Game has 3 modes: PvE, PvP and WvW. You have your infusion in fractals for PvE

> > @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > I suspect the majority of players are PvE therefore PvE doesn’t need special rewards or inducements to get people to try it out. It’s PvP and WvW that has a smaller population and has to get people to give it a try. I think that’s why sPvP and WvW has reward tracks, Legendary backpacks and the +1 stat on infusions.

> >

> > You don't want to ever force pve players to play pvp content. All it does is lower the quality of the pvp, which only hurts those genuinely interested in actual pvping.

>

> Induce: succeed in persuading or influencing (someone) to do something.

>

> That’s not forcing. That’s giving people who otherwise wouldn’t give that game mode a whirl a reason to try to see if they like it.

There's a difference between a given activity being the best method of obtaining something, and an activity being the only way of getting something. One gives you the option of doing what you want and the other _requires_ you to do something. I'll always be against the idea of locking things to certain types of content, especially if it is pvp/wvw, people who do those for rewards generally are very quick to give up and ruin the experience for others. If most of the player base only wants to pve, you don't solve the issue by putting rewards behind wvw/pvp, you simply make them actually enjoyable to play for more people.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Menadena.7482" said:

> > > @"Tails.9372" said:

> > > I'm pretty sure fractals has +5 stat infusions, that's PvE. Alternatively some open world events have a chance to give you items which can be turned into +5 stat infusions, the droprate is abysmal tho.

> >

> > Not quite what I had in mind for pve. Fractals are entirely different that open world pve, more a sub-category of dungeons.

>

> Game has 3 modes: PvE, PvP and WvW. You have your infusion in fractals for PvE

Fractals are not open world PVE. As I said before they are closer to dungeons. That content does not appeal to all PVE players.

> @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > > @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > I suspect the majority of players are PvE therefore PvE doesn’t need special rewards or inducements to get people to try it out. It’s PvP and WvW that has a smaller population and has to get people to give it a try. I think that’s why sPvP and WvW has reward tracks, Legendary backpacks and the +1 stat on infusions.

> > >

> > > You don't want to ever force pve players to play pvp content. All it does is lower the quality of the pvp, which only hurts those genuinely interested in actual pvping.

> >

> > Induce: succeed in persuading or influencing (someone) to do something.

> >

> > That’s not forcing. That’s giving people who otherwise wouldn’t give that game mode a whirl a reason to try to see if they like it.

>

> There's a difference between a given activity being the best method of obtaining something, and an activity being the only way of getting something. One gives you the option of doing what you want and the other _requires_ you to do something. I'll always be against the idea of locking things to certain types of content, especially if it is pvp/wvw, people who do those for rewards generally are very quick to give up and ruin the experience for others. If most of the player base only wants to pve, you don't solve the issue by putting rewards behind wvw/pvp, you simply make them actually enjoyable to play for more people.

1) As said above by another poster you can get the +5 from pure PvE content (fractals)

2) you can get the WvW infusions from getting Badges from AP chests from doing purely PvE content

3) you can get badges from only doing Monuments and killing vet dailies. Neither of these take more than a couple of minutes and don’t require any interaction with WvW players.

>people who do those for rewards generally are very quick to give up and ruin the experience for others. If most of the player base only wants to pve, you don't solve the issue by putting rewards behind wvw/pvp, you simply make them actually enjoyable to play for more people.

And people who try things for rewards sometimes really like the new things and stay. You don’t get needed new players by only appealing to those who already know they like something. You have to reach out to those who are unaware that something would be fun. For that you need some sort of inducement. A tiny +1 stat is completely unneeded in general PvE. No general PvE player needs it or will miss it if they don’t get it.

> @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > > > I suspect the majority of players are PvE therefore PvE doesn’t need special rewards or inducements to get people to try it out. It’s PvP and WvW that has a smaller population and has to get people to give it a try. I think that’s why sPvP and WvW has reward tracks, Legendary backpacks and the +1 stat on infusions.

> > >

> > > You don't want to ever force pve players to play pvp content. All it does is lower the quality of the pvp, which only hurts those genuinely interested in actual pvping.

> >

> >

> > That’s not forcing. That’s giving people who otherwise wouldn’t give that game mode a whirl a reason to try to see if they like it.

>

> There's a difference between a given activity being the best method of obtaining something, and an activity being the only way of getting something. One gives you the option of doing what you want and the other _requires_ you to do something. I'll always be against the idea of locking things to certain types of content, especially if it is pvp/wvw, people who do those for rewards generally are very quick to give up and ruin the experience for others. If most of the player base only wants to pve, you don't solve the issue by putting rewards behind wvw/pvp, you simply make them actually enjoyable to play for more people.

Exactly!

I think I used the example before that if WVW infusions were +4 (with no bonus) and PVE was +5 with some sort of bonus and you needed some open-world PVE-only currency then non-PVE players would be complaining/asking why. They would have every right to do that and I would support them in it. You do not build up a mode with players who WANT to participate in it by essentially forcing people who love other modes to be there. Someone new will join the mode and they see a lot of people who do not like being there so leave themselves.

Back when HOT was being announced originally they wanted people to only get the elites with PVE hero points. Justifiably, WVW players got a bit upset. They had every right to do so.

> @"Menadena.7482" said:

> > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > Honest question, why can you not buy the infusions from the WvW vendor?

>

> Because it requires a wvw currency in addition to the laurels? Laurels I have coming out my ears but I have a limited amount of wvw currency from having done dailies there.

Do you not get badges by the hundreds, or thousands, from advancing your AP?

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > Honest question, why can you not buy the infusions from the WvW vendor?

> >

> > Because it requires a wvw currency in addition to the laurels? Laurels I have coming out my ears but I have a limited amount of wvw currency from having done dailies there.

>

> Do you not get badges by the hundreds, or thousands, from advancing your AP?

I am not a hard-core achievement hunter. Besides, I would need to get a LOT since I am an alt-o-holic.

> @"Menadena.7482" said:

> Maybe non-PVE players do not understand? Fractals are technically PVE but they are NOT NOT NOT open-world PVE. When people say PVE they do not include dungeons and fractals. Just like when they say PVP they do not include WVW (which is also players fighting players).

I’m a PvE player and I got several of those WvW infusions. I got badges from AP chests from PvE AP and I do the two WvW dailies that don’t require PvP, the stand in a circle for a couple of minutes daily (Monuments) and kill the vet with the other PvE players. If a dedicated PvE player can get badges from PvE AP, stand in a circle and kill a vet mob then I bet other PvE players, including yourself, can do it.

> @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > >

> >

> >

>

Please note that, at least in this case, the desired item can be earned by playing any content in the game. Its just faster in WvW.

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > I suspect the majority of players are PvE therefore PvE doesn’t need special rewards or inducements to get people to try it out. It’s PvP and WvW that has a smaller population and has to get people to give it a try. I think that’s why sPvP and WvW has reward tracks, Legendary backpacks and the +1 stat on infusions.

> > > >

> > > > You don't want to ever force pve players to play pvp content. All it does is lower the quality of the pvp, which only hurts those genuinely interested in actual pvping.

> > >

> > > Induce: succeed in persuading or influencing (someone) to do something.

> > >

> > > That’s not forcing. That’s giving people who otherwise wouldn’t give that game mode a whirl a reason to try to see if they like it.

> >

> > There's a difference between a given activity being the best method of obtaining something, and an activity being the only way of getting something. One gives you the option of doing what you want and the other _requires_ you to do something. I'll always be against the idea of locking things to certain types of content, especially if it is pvp/wvw, people who do those for rewards generally are very quick to give up and ruin the experience for others. If most of the player base only wants to pve, you don't solve the issue by putting rewards behind wvw/pvp, you simply make them actually enjoyable to play for more people.

>

> Please note that, at least in this case, the desired item can be earned by playing any content in the game. Its just faster in WvW.

VERY slowly. I would have to have, what, 40,000 AP to get the number of infusions I needed. That is not a realistic way to get your infusions.

> @"Menadena.7482" said:

> > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > > > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > > I suspect the majority of players are PvE therefore PvE doesn’t need special rewards or inducements to get people to try it out. It’s PvP and WvW that has a smaller population and has to get people to give it a try. I think that’s why sPvP and WvW has reward tracks, Legendary backpacks and the +1 stat on infusions.

> > > > >

> > > > > You don't want to ever force pve players to play pvp content. All it does is lower the quality of the pvp, which only hurts those genuinely interested in actual pvping.

> > > >

> > > > Induce: succeed in persuading or influencing (someone) to do something.

> > > >

> > > > That’s not forcing. That’s giving people who otherwise wouldn’t give that game mode a whirl a reason to try to see if they like it.

> > >

> > > There's a difference between a given activity being the best method of obtaining something, and an activity being the only way of getting something. One gives you the option of doing what you want and the other _requires_ you to do something. I'll always be against the idea of locking things to certain types of content, especially if it is pvp/wvw, people who do those for rewards generally are very quick to give up and ruin the experience for others. If most of the player base only wants to pve, you don't solve the issue by putting rewards behind wvw/pvp, you simply make them actually enjoyable to play for more people.

> >

> > Please note that, at least in this case, the desired item can be earned by playing any content in the game. Its just faster in WvW.

>

> VERY slowly. I would have to have, what, 40,000 AP to get the number of infusions I needed. That is not a realistic way to get your infusions.

>

1) They go on ascended trinkets. You can switch them between your chars. That’s what I do.

2) If you want them faster do fractals.

3) do the two non PvP dailies. That way you won’t need that many AP

> > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > > @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > > > > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > > > I suspect the majority of players are PvE therefore PvE doesn’t need special rewards or inducements to get people to try it out. It’s PvP and WvW that has a smaller population and has to get people to give it a try. I think that’s why sPvP and WvW has reward tracks, Legendary backpacks and the +1 stat on infusions.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You don't want to ever force pve players to play pvp content. All it does is lower the quality of the pvp, which only hurts those genuinely interested in actual pvping.

> > > > >

> > > > > Induce: succeed in persuading or influencing (someone) to do something.

> > > > >

> > > > > That’s not forcing. That’s giving people who otherwise wouldn’t give that game mode a whirl a reason to try to see if they like it.

> > > >

> > > > There's a difference between a given activity being the best method of obtaining something, and an activity being the only way of getting something. One gives you the option of doing what you want and the other _requires_ you to do something. I'll always be against the idea of locking things to certain types of content, especially if it is pvp/wvw, people who do those for rewards generally are very quick to give up and ruin the experience for others. If most of the player base only wants to pve, you don't solve the issue by putting rewards behind wvw/pvp, you simply make them actually enjoyable to play for more people.

> > >

> > > Please note that, at least in this case, the desired item can be earned by playing any content in the game. Its just faster in WvW.

> >

> > VERY slowly. I would have to have, what, 40,000 AP to get the number of infusions I needed. That is not a realistic way to get your infusions.

> >

>

> 1) They go on ascended trinkets. You can switch them between your chars. That’s what I do.

> 2) If you want them faster do fractals.

>

1) Yes, I know what infusions do. Why do you think I am trying to buy them? Given the number of stat combos it is likely the infusions I want will not be available on someone else without degrading the stats on the item they are on. Plus it means doing a gear change dance every time I change characters, which I do pretty often.

2) As I keep explaining fractals are NOT open-world PVE. I am not sure why so many people are caught up on being a language lawyer on that point.