Let us upgrade the Fiery Dragon Sword into Sohothin.

Naduk.8750

Hi,

Sohothin has a sick skin during "To Kill a God" story step.

I already unlocked the Fiery Dragon Sword by playing GW1. Actually, this skin was the first reason I decided to play GW1 and I totally do no regret it. Now I even have the "God Walking" title. lol

But now, everytime I equip the Fiery Sword I imagine how awesome it would be to equip the Sohothin with all the effects of the story, so my suggestion is:

Let us upgrade the skin! It's important that the player must have the Fiery Sword. I'm asking for an UPGRADE formula, not another way of getting it.

The Fiery Sword skin would be used like a precursor for legendary weapons, in an expensive formula, in fact, the Mystic Forge formula could use some legendary gifts.

It would even work as a incentivement for people to play GW1!

What do yo think about it?

> @"Naduk.8750" said:

> Hi,

>

> Sohothin has a sick skin during "To Kill a God" story step.

>

> I already unlocked the Fiery Dragon Sword by playing GW1. Actually, this skin was the first reason I decided to play GW1 and I totally do no regret it. Now I even have the "God Walking" title. lol

>

> But now, everytime I equip the Fiery Sword I imagine how awesome it would be to equip the Sohothin with all the effects of the story, so my suggestion is:

>

> Let us upgrade the skin! It's important that the player must have the Fiery Sword. I'm asking for an UPGRADE formula, not another way of getting it.

>

> The Fiery Sword skin would be used like a precursor for legendary weapons, in an expensive formula, in fact, the Mystic Forge formula could use some legendary gifts.

>

> It would even work as a incentivement for people to play GW1!

>

> What do yo think about it?

Gr8 idea :D

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> I'm pretty sure it's not going to happen. If we ever be able to use sohothin skin on our own it'll most likely end up as gemstore (or god forbid BLC exclusive) skin.

Don't get me wrong, GW1 is a great game worth playing, but if it wasn't for the skin, I wouldn't have started playing that game. This sword skin is important BECAUSE of its ties to GW1. Making an UPGRADED version of this skin obtainable in any other way would make GW1 veteran players feel betrayed. That's why I made it clear that my suggestion should use the Fiery Sword in the formula.

> @"Tails.9372" said:

> Only if it gets the same skills as the original one (I don't care if it ends up not being usable in any of the PvP based game modes).

Lol. I hope its sarcasm. Anet would never do it and I totally don't want them to. The SKIN is already in the game, it might be extremely easy to implement my suggestion without breaking the game balance.

> @"Naduk.8750" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > I'm pretty sure it's not going to happen. If we ever be able to use sohothin skin on our own it'll most likely end up as gemstore (or god forbid BLC exclusive) skin.

>

> Don't get me wrong, GW1 is a great game worth playing, but if it wasn't for the skin, I wouldn't have started playing that game. This sword skin is important BECAUSE of its ties to GW1. Making an UPGRADED version of this skin obtainable in any other way would make GW1 veteran players feel betrayed. That's why I made it clear that my suggestion should use the Fiery Sword in the formula.

I share your sentiment but this is not how you run a business. There is literally no value in giving GW1 veterans anything at this point. We were needed and appreciated during launch. At this point, we are most likely an irrelevant minority.

> @"Naduk.8750" said:

> without breaking the game balance

You would have been right if you were talking about the golem battlesuit prototype but there is nothing game-breaking about this weapon. Sohothin is only good at AoE burst damage but that's pretty much irrelevant outside of PvP, all relevant PvE content only cares about high & sustainable dps which is something Sohothin does not offer.

Lore wise, the idea doesn't work.

Sohothin and Magdaer were twin sword relics from Orr, given to the Ascalonian royalty. Those two swords basically became the symbol of Ascalon, so they started mass producing copies of the two, called Fiery Dragon Swords, to give to the soldiers in their armies.

Magdaer was destroyed when the king cast Foefire, so only Sohothin remains.

Basically, we're all running around with the cheap knockoffs, which is why we all can have one. Sohothin, however, is unique.

I like the existing Fiery Dragon Sword and do not wish it to be changed; for me, it would not be an upgrade. Further, I think it would be unfair for ANet to restrict a _new_ skin to GW1 players only. ANet provided some really good rewards for committing to GW1; they ought not arbitrarily offer us more now.

I have mixed feelings about offering Sohothin. It would make the FDS less special (and its specialness is one of the perks of investing time in GW1's Hall of Monuments).

FDS is an Ascalonian replica without special powers. Sohothin is not only unique, it was re-ignited by Balthazar, no wonder it looks kitten magnificent!

Upgrading a replica wouldn’t make sense, because it wasn’t a replica that was changed.

Introducing the new skin (which wouldn’t be tied to Gw1) would be a better idea.

> @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> FDS is an Ascalonian replica without special powers. Sohothin is not only unique, it was re-ignited by Balthazar, no wonder it looks kitten magnificent!

> Upgrading a replica wouldn’t make sense, because it wasn’t a replica that was changed.

> Introducing the new skin (which wouldn’t be tied to Gw1) would be a better idea.

Original Sohothin and Magdaer belonged to Balthazar aswell. Makes no sense why reignited blade looks different. Makes even less sense why handle changed aswell.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > FDS is an Ascalonian replica without special powers. Sohothin is not only unique, it was re-ignited by Balthazar, no wonder it looks kitten magnificent!

> > Upgrading a replica wouldn’t make sense, because it wasn’t a replica that was changed.

> > Introducing the new skin (which wouldn’t be tied to Gw1) would be a better idea.

>

> Original Sohothin and Magdaer belonged to Balthazar aswell. Makes no sense why reignited blade looks different. Makes even less sense why handle changed aswell.

Well, **if sources are correct**, Gw1 never mentions names for the FDS, they’re just Fiery Dragon Swords, Gw2 lore gave these swords names. That is what the HoM model is copied for, the original FDS. Not it’s current reiteration wielded in PoF 3 End instance.

I’m not arguing about introducing an obtainable version, I’m arguing that it shouldn’t be an upgraded FDS just for gw1 players, because it’s current iteration is a Gw2 element, not Gw1.

> @"Tolmos.8395" said:

> Lore wise, the idea doesn't work.

> ...

> Basically, we're all running around with the cheap knockoffs, which is why we all can have one. Sohothin, however, is unique.

Isn't it the same for The Shining Blade? After all, I'm talking about the SKIN. Lore wise, it would also be a replica (I've never asked for the skills), without making the Fiery Sword obsolete and useless. (Which is probably the reason we still don't have that skin available yet)

So many replicas already in the game, for weapons and armors... Why would this skin be a problem for the lore?

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> I like the existing Fiery Dragon Sword and do not wish it to be changed;...

Great, don't use the formula and keep using FDS. You'll use the skin you want, and I'll use mine. Nobody loses anything.

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> Sohothin is unique, and the FDS is **not** sohothin. It's a lookalike sword the ascalonians used as a badge of honor.

Did anybody here ever said that the FDS is Sohothin? Wow

It would work exactly as The Shining Blade. The subject here is the SKIN, from the very first post.

> @"Naduk.8750" said:

> > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > Sohothin is unique, and the FDS is **not** sohothin. It's a lookalike sword the ascalonians used as a badge of honor.

> Did anybody here ever said that the FDS is Sohothin? Wow

> It would work exactly as The Shining Blade. The subject here is the SKIN, from the very first post.

Going off the original post though, more than just *original gw1 players* would like to obtain Sohothin's Skin in "To kill a God" so why lock it off from them, just because you played gw1? You already get numerous skins from HoM for progressing gw1 campains. FDS is modeled after FDS from gw1. You've already got it. Sohothin(Skin) in To Kill a God should be available to all players currently playing gw2, where the model was introduced.

> Going off the original post though, more than just *original gw1 players* would like to obtain Sohothin's Skin in "To kill a God" so why lock it off from them, just because you played gw1?

I already said it: The reason is not "because we played gw1", it's to avoid turning FDS into an obsolete and useless skin/item. FDS is/was very important to many players.

FDS (and Sohothin to an extent) link to GW1 is too strong to start ignoring it now. There's a reason already why FDS is only available to gw1 players. I'm just trying to keep the same criteria for the "To Kill a God" skin.

It's ok if you don't agree. It's ok if you believe everyone should be able to get it. It's ok if you think there's another reason why we still don't have that skin available, but PLEASE, at least read the posts before asking something I already answered.

> @"Naduk.8750" said:

>it's to avoid turning FDS into an obsolete and useless skin/item. FDS is/was very important to many players.

Many other items were probably very important/loved by players, have had homages paid to them in gw2, which aren't locked to gw1 linked accounts (The Raven Staff, Storm Bow, or any of these for that matter.)

If FDS(Gw1) is as special as players make it out to be, releasing the Sohothin skin to gw2 players wont dimish that. FDS will still serve as its status of "I played gw1", because of it's unique look.

I've not seen anyone use FDS for ages now though, so it can't be that big a deal. /shrug

> > @"Naduk.8750" said:

> >it's to avoid turning FDS into an obsolete and useless skin/item. FDS is/was very important to many players.

>

> Many other items were probably very important/loved by players, have had homages paid to them in gw2, which aren't locked to gw1 linked accounts (The Raven Staff, Storm Bow, or any of these for that matter.)

So your point is: Because other skins lost their importance/uniqueness, so should the FDS. Past mistakes shouldn't be an excuse for new mistakes.

And even by your examples, The Raven Staff and the Storm Bow have NOT become as obsolete as the FDS would become if they simply put the new skin in the BLC, for example.

In fact, it would bring back all those complaints people had when Anet released a GEM armor skin that looked like an updated (shinier) cultural-light-human armor. Anet had to delete that skin from the game.

> @"Naduk.8750" said:

> So your point is: Because other skins lost their importance/uniqueness, so should the FDS. Past mistakes shouldn't be an excuse for new mistakes.

> And even by your examples, The Raven Staff and the Storm Bow have NOT become as obsolete as the FDS would become if they simply put the new skin in the BLC, for example.

*No, my point is, a new skin shouldn't be locked from players because they didn't/don't want to play gw1*, which is entirely the basis of your suggestion to use FDS in the Forging of the Sohothin model. I don't think I can make it any clearer than that, and it's the same thing that resonates in each of my posts to this topic.

>Introducing the new skin (which wouldn’t be tied to Gw1) would be a better idea.

> I’m arguing that it shouldn’t be an upgraded FDS just for gw1 players, because it’s current iteration is a Gw2 element, not Gw1.

>Sohothin(Skin) in To Kill a God should be available to all players currently playing gw2, where the model was introduced.

No skin is important in game. Skins you earned in HoM will not be changed. They will still remain as the point that you played gw1. It shouldn't mean that any new models should be locked behind having played gw1, *as your suggestion of using FDS to forge the Sohothin model does*.

> ...

> No skin is important in game. ...

> It shouldn't mean that any new models should be locked behind having played gw1...

My argument on the cultural armor proves there are "important" skins in the game. It's actually an absurd what you said. By your criteria Anet will add legendary skins on the GEM store because it shouldn't be locked behind WvW gifts.

> @"Naduk.8750" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > I like the existing Fiery Dragon Sword and do not wish it to be changed;...

>

> Great, don't use the formula and keep using FDS. You'll use the skin you want, and I'll use mine.

You write as if it's a neutral choice. The skin doesn't yet exist for the wardrobe, so ANet has to invest resources into making such an option available. And there are many ways to make it available.

> Nobody loses anything.

On the contrary, it changes the GW1 Hall of Monument rewards. That's a loss for anyone who hasn't chosen to get GW1 and play enough of it to qualify.

I get that you want this as an option. Please accept that other people do not agree with your assumption that this is the appropriate way to add the skin to the wardrobe.