Suggestion: Legendary Effect Unlocks

Kestrel.7890

I would like there to be some sort of unlock system for legendary weapons. Because at the moment, once I have a legendary weapon, there's no reason after that to use any other weapon skin for that character. I'd like to change my look with the seasons or get Black Lion weapons that look cool. But there's no point if I have a legendary, because they have the ultimate effects and why would ever get another weapon after that?

> @"Kestrel.7890" said:

> once I have a legendary weapon, there's no reason after that to use any other weapon skin for that character. ...because they have the ultimate effects and why would ever get another weapon after that?

I mix things around. I'm not huge on fashion and yet each toon has their own unique, erm, character to their costume. One has an icy theme (with glacial weapons) and another a wintry theme (with Wintersday weapons).

Sometimes you feel like more bling; sometimes you don't.

This is one reason it took me a long time to decide which legendaries to make. I wanted to be absolutely sure I was ok with it being the only skin I'd ever use on that weapon for that character. But even then I do use other weapons if I feel like it. And I have lots of other characters who don't use the legendary because it doesn't suit them.

I wouldn't completely rule out using other skins for the same weapon (although I think I'd get a different one rather than reskin a legendary), but I haven't really looked at them since.

It's also about the effort it takes to make a legendary. How could I possibly swap out a legendary skin for another, when I put all that work into it? But then I feel like well now I can't change my look ever again or get anymore weapons for that character. I just think that all the work in creating a legendary would be better put into the legendary effects, but not necessarily bound to that one skin. Some of the legendary skins are just horrible and heaps of Black Lion skins are way better.