Skimmer Race

puriks.4561

Well, here is the idea. Why we only have races with raptors ? It would be great to race with skimmers on water, like Southsun Cove, LA Sea etc. Actually we tried to do it as randoms from LA Map Chat and it was pretty fun. Don't ask how.

(Not sure if I open this thread in right place tho)

I mentioned this in another thread but I feel like with the skimmer since it slides a little when it turns there should just be a move where it power slides like in mario kart for a bit of a speed boost at the end of the slide. Oh and it should also be able to dive underwater. The springer also needs some love but I'll save that for another thread.

> @"myjokeaccount.3807" said:

> I mentioned this in another thread but I feel like with the skimmer since it slides a little when it turns there should just be a move where it power slides like in mario kart for a bit of a speed boost at the end of the slide. Oh and it should also be able to dive underwater. The springer also needs some love but I'll save that for another thread.

Actually, without any change it can be fun. With sharp turns, few check points one after another with different heights and stuff like that. That would also bring activity to the unused part of maps also might be good chance to create good visual enviroment around water areas. Who knows it might be able to chance dense area of LA with such change ? Also as you mentioned maybe we can have some underwater skills/usage of months in future.

> @"costepj.5120" said:

> Where do you get the idea we only have races for raptors? I've never used my raptor in any of the races.

Oh.Sit down we gotta talk.

> @"Donari.5237" said:

> The race in Istan is pure Skimmer. Complete with fire pots you have to dodge or get dismounted in the water, ramps you need to uturn up, rocks to hover past. It even deposits you at a poi out in the water at the end.

I wasn't know that one. Sorry about that. But still I insist on having race or such events in places like LA.

You are free to use whatever mount works for you. Iirc the races in Vabbi, Elon Riverlands and Istan have their benefits if you use the skimmer for certain passages, even requiring the skimmer in some parts. Depending on the terrain it's beneficial to swap mounts during the race. Raptor when there's no elevation, Jackal if there are obstacles and elevations, Springer if going straight up saves you time, Skimmer for dangerous terrain or water and griffon when there's enough decent to get some speed.