New Legendary Dagger: Claw of the Khan-Ur?

Almost in War.9326

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"Durzlla.6295" said:

> > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > Having said all of the above, apparently it is on display in Smodur's office. Not sure if a new addition or not, but the scale of that may indicate a retcon to the size or not

> >

> > Just looked up the image of it, and by balthazars balls that thing is gigantic, it’s like half the size of the Charr in the background.

>

> Yeah but is that perspective playing tricks?

I don’t think so, the Charr isn’t that far behind the claw, even accounting for the Charr being like, half way across the room would still leave the claw being very large for what it is.

It is. You can go up to it in-game. Smodur is actually a good 4-5 feet behind it. That said, it was more sword-sized than dagger-sized, and was definitely big enough to be too bulky for a human to climb up with it on its back (or even my charr's back for that matter). So the "original" that you can now see in-game fits closer to the book's description indeed.

> @"Aaron Ansari.1604" said:

> I'm not 100% sure, but it looks to be about as long as my charr's arm, which puts it at the same size as the version I can preview on her.

What about the player made version? The Asura pic shows it to that scale in proportion to Asuran features, so would the Charr one also be the size of the one in SModur's? OR are we satisfied the original is def bigger?

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"Aaron Ansari.1604" said:

> > I'm not 100% sure, but it looks to be about as long as my charr's arm, which puts it at the same size as the version I can preview on her.

>

> What about the player made version? The Asura pic shows it to that scale in proportion to Asuran features, so would the Charr one also be the size of the one in SModur's? OR are we satisfied the original is def bigger?

That's what I mean. The player-made one, previewed on a charr, looks to be the same size as the one on Smodur's desk.

> @"Aaron Ansari.1604" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > @"Aaron Ansari.1604" said:

> > > I'm not 100% sure, but it looks to be about as long as my charr's arm, which puts it at the same size as the version I can preview on her.

> >

> > What about the player made version? The Asura pic shows it to that scale in proportion to Asuran features, so would the Charr one also be the size of the one in SModur's? OR are we satisfied the original is def bigger?

>

> That's what I mean. The player-made one, previewed on a charr, looks to be the same size as the one on Smodur's desk.

So a charr's dagger is large enough to be a human's sword. Not really surprised by this, considering the size difference between human and charr. Remember, the claw was too large to be carried on Dougal's back. Plus, the blades positions make it easy to accidentally cut yourself, if you strap it loosely on your back.

Having said that, I'm surprised that the claw wasn't visible earlier. I mean, it got delivered to the Iron legion in 1324/1325. Has the display case always been there, or is it as recent as 1330? If so, is Smodur trying to claim the legacy of the Khan-Ur? Most charr are in favour of strong leadership, but Blood and Ash would definitely prefer one of their own as the official ruler of the Charr Empire. It seems likely, that Blood Imperator Bangar would challenge Smodur in personal combat, before he accepts him as his superior. Plus he may not be the only one.

And even if he succeeds and unites the legion under the Claw, what happens if he dies of old age? Who will be next in line for the title of Khan-Ur and will the same person be Iron Legion imperator, or will that position fall to someone else? Either way, Charr politics will never be boring from that day onwards.

In lore, the Claw has always been on display - though the original lore was "hanging" in the Imperator's Core, not in a case. The model itself is brand new.

Smodur's goals with the Claw has been unknown even to other charr - some suspect he will eventually make a bid at the title of Khan-Ur aka Primus Imperator, while others think he intends to destroy the Claw one day (this is in lore, btw, not player theory, I feel the need to note).

> @"Almost in War.9326" said:

> Claw of the Khan-Ur

>

> The Claw of the Khan-Ur is an ancient charr artifact that resided within the ruins of Ascalon City. It is described as a ungue with two blades jutting forward and two blades backwards, set with four gems; red, black, gray, and gold, for each of the children of the first Khan-Ur.

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/UOTpbPo.jpg "")

>

> Also, this is the Centurion's Claw from HoM

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/QG1zLOO.jpg "")

>

>

> I'd say it's quite obvious.

> Although, I'm not sure I fear they'll just throw it at us without any lore involved around it. I mean... it's almost the Excalibur of Charr culture Can't we have something like the Shining Blade, an explanation of why we are now using it or something.

> I'm still gonna craft it regardless, I'm a #CharrMasterRace supporter after all.

I'd go with a replica of the claw. I'm pretty sure that Charr Conesures and culture researchers would love to have a replica of the real thing. So some Iron Legion weapon smith got to thinking and made a bunch of these things to sell at top dollar. Needless to say they sold pretty damn well while Smouldor is sitting on the real one in his office... in a glass box. He's contemplating if that's the actual real one... or if the Ash legion thought it'd be safer in their hands, and took it to where ever the HELL their main camp actually is.

I'd bet my charr horns that the "Tribal Charrs" we encountered is actually just a front, and the main branch of the ash legion is headquartered there.

> @"Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497" said:

> I'd bet my charr horns that the "Tribal Charrs" we encountered is actually just a front, and the main branch of the ash legion is headquartered there.

The heavy prevalence of magic, and total lack of anything subterfuge-like, heavily implies against this theory.

Not to mention the great distance.

> @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > @"Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497" said:

> > I'd bet my charr horns that the "Tribal Charrs" we encountered is actually just a front, and the main branch of the ash legion is headquartered there.

>

> The heavy prevalence of magic, and total lack of anything subterfuge-like, heavily implies against this theory.

>

> Not to mention the great distance.

A little too serious, aren't you?