Nord face to human

> @"infrequentia.3465" said:

> then play a small Norn.

>

> Humans already got to many hairstyles and faces compared to other races. don't give them more

Especially when you’re “stealing” it from another race - that’s just adding insult to injury for the non-Anet favorited races. :D

> @"infrequentia.3465" said:

> then play a small Norn.

>

> Humans already got to many hairstyles and faces compared to other races. don't give them more

I think people are put away from norn, at least female, due to the voice with no option to change the voice. Parts of the voice do not sound like a woman, not even the strong warrior type.

> @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > @"infrequentia.3465" said:

> > then play a small Norn.

> >

> > Humans already got to many hairstyles and faces compared to other races. don't give them more

>

> I think people are put away from norn, at least female, due to the voice with no option to change the voice. Parts of the voice do not sound like a woman, not even the strong warrior type.

It is definitely a female voice actor. Watch Babylon 5.

I personally like her voice.

> @"Yargesh.4965" said:

> > @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > > @"infrequentia.3465" said:

> > > then play a small Norn.

> > >

> > > Humans already got to many hairstyles and faces compared to other races. don't give them more

> >

> > I think people are put away from norn, at least female, due to the voice with no option to change the voice. Parts of the voice do not sound like a woman, not even the strong warrior type.

>

> It is definitely a female voice actor. Watch Babylon 5.

> I personally like her voice.

I didn't mean a female didn't voice act it, I meant Norn female sounds far too silly/exaggerated, it's an example of wanting to be different for the sake of being different with little thought put into it. Even in a full map all doing 1 event and everyone gets knocked down, I will always know when a female Norn is present because the sound doesn't really fit well. There were complaints about their voice on old forums too, and it's the big reason I don't make one myself even if I like how they look.

Sure some people like the voice, but expect a race to be unpopular when a feature appeals to a minority group.

*Shrugs* Personally I don't like playing Norn because of their sheer size (and accent), but I do enjoy the norn sense of style (their Long hair, elaborate moustashes, masculine faces, ~~large milkjugs~~).

I don't think humans should get preference, but I don't think disregarding human improvements should take priority. We should push for new options for all races, or perhaps port over more styles. Given how the world is currently a melting pot, I don't see why a Commander couldn't find beauty inspired by another race or culture.

> @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > @"Yargesh.4965" said:

> > > @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > > > @"infrequentia.3465" said:

> > > > then play a small Norn.

> > > >

> > > > Humans already got to many hairstyles and faces compared to other races. don't give them more

> > >

> > > I think people are put away from norn, at least female, due to the voice with no option to change the voice. Parts of the voice do not sound like a woman, not even the strong warrior type.

> >

> > It is definitely a female voice actor. Watch Babylon 5.

> > I personally like her voice.

>

> I didn't mean a female didn't voice act it, I meant Norn female sounds far too silly/exaggerated, it's an example of wanting to be different for the sake of being different with little thought put into it. Even in a full map all doing 1 event and everyone gets knocked down, I will always know when a female Norn is present because the sound doesn't really fit well. There were complaints about their voice on old forums too, and it's the big reason I don't make one myself even if I like how they look.

>

> Sure some people like the voice, but expect a race to be unpopular when a feature appeals to a minority group.

And maybe .... you are the minority who does not like the voice. I very much like the female Norn voice.

> @"MachineManXX.9746" said:

> > @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > > @"Yargesh.4965" said:

> > > > @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > > > > @"infrequentia.3465" said:

> > > > > then play a small Norn.

> > > > >

> > > > > Humans already got to many hairstyles and faces compared to other races. don't give them more

> > > >

> > > > I think people are put away from norn, at least female, due to the voice with no option to change the voice. Parts of the voice do not sound like a woman, not even the strong warrior type.

> > >

> > > It is definitely a female voice actor. Watch Babylon 5.

> > > I personally like her voice.

> >

> > I didn't mean a female didn't voice act it, I meant Norn female sounds far too silly/exaggerated, it's an example of wanting to be different for the sake of being different with little thought put into it. Even in a full map all doing 1 event and everyone gets knocked down, I will always know when a female Norn is present because the sound doesn't really fit well. There were complaints about their voice on old forums too, and it's the big reason I don't make one myself even if I like how they look.

> >

> > Sure some people like the voice, but expect a race to be unpopular when a feature appeals to a minority group.

>

> And maybe .... you are the minority who does not like the voice. I very much like the female Norn voice.

I also dislike the female Norn voice. Does that mean that in my eyes, you are the minority group?

This line of thinking is silly.

> @"Westenev.5289" said:

> > @"MachineManXX.9746" said:

> > > @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > > > @"Yargesh.4965" said:

> > > > > @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > > > > > @"infrequentia.3465" said:

> > > > > > then play a small Norn.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Humans already got to many hairstyles and faces compared to other races. don't give them more

> > > > >

> > > > > I think people are put away from norn, at least female, due to the voice with no option to change the voice. Parts of the voice do not sound like a woman, not even the strong warrior type.

> > > >

> > > > It is definitely a female voice actor. Watch Babylon 5.

> > > > I personally like her voice.

> > >

> > > I didn't mean a female didn't voice act it, I meant Norn female sounds far too silly/exaggerated, it's an example of wanting to be different for the sake of being different with little thought put into it. Even in a full map all doing 1 event and everyone gets knocked down, I will always know when a female Norn is present because the sound doesn't really fit well. There were complaints about their voice on old forums too, and it's the big reason I don't make one myself even if I like how they look.

> > >

> > > Sure some people like the voice, but expect a race to be unpopular when a feature appeals to a minority group.

> >

> > And maybe .... you are the minority who does not like the voice. I very much like the female Norn voice.

>

> I also dislike the female Norn voice. Does that mean that in my eyes, you are the minority group?

>

> This line of thinking is silly.

That's kind of my point. The post I quoted said - "Sure some people like the voice, but expect a race to be unpopular when a feature appeals to a minority group."

Show me any data that first, proves Norn to be unpopular and second, if they are unpopular, it is due to the voice. Otherwise we can all claim whatever we want to try and make us sound more valid.

> @"Ubi.4136" said:

> The 5 Tyrian races (in alphabetical order):

>

> Asura

> Charr

> Human

> Sylvari

> Tall Humans

>

> You have my blessing to have the Tall Human face on a Human.

And has a happy coincidence, you nailed it for smartest species in order too.

Well except that maybe Sylvari and Norn tie for last place. At least some Sylvari has the excuse they where born yesterday.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > The 5 Tyrian races (in alphabetical order):

> >

> > Asura

> > Charr

> > Human

> > Sylvari

> > Tall Humans

> >

> > You have my blessing to have the Tall Human face on a Human.

> And has a happy coincidence, you nailed it for smartest species in order too.

>

> Well except that maybe Sylvari and Norn tie for last place. At least some Sylvari has the excuse they where born yesterday.

Laughed really hard at that one. Kudos!

> @"Alga.6498" said:

> No, please no more human gets Norn hair and vice versa.

> Keep atleast this racial and cultural! Make them unique.... what's the point of playing 5 different races if you could literally look the exact same on them all?

What the heck? So you are going to say that an Asura would look - I quote: "Literally" - the same as a Silvary because of the hairdo??

> @"Zedek.8932" said:

> > @"Alga.6498" said:

> > No, please no more human gets Norn hair and vice versa.

> > Keep atleast this racial and cultural! Make them unique.... what's the point of playing 5 different races if you could literally look the exact same on them all?

>

> What the heck? So you are going to say that an Asura would look - I quote: "Literally" - the same as a Silvary because of the hairdo??

>

>

its not just hair its faces to .

at this Point Norns are just tall humans the only unique thing being the tattoo's and cultural armor

> @"Zedek.8932" said:

> > @"Alga.6498" said:

> > No, please no more human gets Norn hair and vice versa.

> > Keep atleast this racial and cultural! Make them unique.... what's the point of playing 5 different races if you could literally look the exact same on them all?

>

> What the heck? So you are going to say that an Asura would look - I quote: "Literally" - the same as a Silvary because of the hairdo??

>

>

What the heck?? Ever heard of sarcasm and excessive??? I suggest you to search it up.

Also, its Sylvari, not Silvary..