Death screen

Well Hello ...

In some last days, i had a big problem - this problem is called `death screen` usually after 30 min or 1h of gameplay ( Video TDR Failure (NVLDDMKM.SYS)). You will say that is my graphic card but it is not ... i checked it on Witcher 3 with uber graphic - for sure it was a big lag time, but there was any death screen ... - Lenovo Y700-15ISK, what is going on ? what have you fked up ?

> @"Lotar.8417" said:

> Well i trying it and this problem is just with guild wars 2 , i checked the condition of my laptop using Furmark too and well there was any crash too ( and this program is rly hardly for gpu)

>

The fact that your game is displayed is teamwork between different processes and devices. The game, the driver for the graphic card, the displaydriver, the CPU and the OS (and more). This specific file crashing is developed by nvidea and they maintain it by updates. Thats why that is the party to blame and not GW2. Please use the link provided by IC, as it is the one and only answer and the only way to get it resolved.

Being able to run something else doesn't mean it's not a problem, since how the GPU is actually being utilized can be very different. I've seen stress tests run for over 24 hours for example, yet had it crash as soon I moved the mouse.

It could be overheating. Check the temperatures (hwmonitor).

Check Lenovo for any BIOS or firmware updates and clean install your graphics drivers with the ones they offer.

> @"Lotar.8417" said:

> i had reinstaled bios etc. still is a problem just with gw

-sigh- it has nothing to do with gw2, your bios, your os, your aunt and uncle, etc. the issue is with your graphical card driver. The actual file is the kernel of this driver.

1: install the latest driver.

2: if this doesn’t work, install a previous driver.

If neither work, check for hardware issues. Like high temperature or failing fans.