Bring Back 5 Man Ranked Que - Needs To Happen At This Point - Solo/Duo Failed

> @"Exalted Quality.8534" said:

> When are all the annoying solo/duoQ supporters going to realize that this was actually meant to be a team game? Guess what? You should get stomped by a premade with more experience and coordination than you. The casualness of sPvP in this game irks me...If you want to keep it casual, then you shouldn’t expect to win every match. If you don’t want to put in the effort to find a team and get good, you shouldn’t expect to win every match. Conversely, if you choose to play this game at the highest level, you should be rewarded for your time and effort and you SHOULD expect to win every match! It didn’t surprise me that teamQs were overwhelmingly voted down because most of the people whining about it on forums don’t even PvP regularly (my legendary wings collection will take me more than ONE SEASON?? T_____T). Blame ANET for putting dumb PvE rewards in PvP (armor boxes blah blah blah).

>

> That being said, I’m willing to bet that most of the people crying about solo/duoQ now didn’t take time to vote in the poll that ultimately ended teams. Those people have no business complaining now.

You pretty much hit the nail right on its head. There's nothing more I can really add to this.

+1000

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> Solo que defendants are saying two things to support their opinions, that happen to be in complete contradiction to each other:

>

> 1. "There weren't enough 5 man teams to support team ques."

>

> 3. "Solo que players were getting so tired of being frequently farmed by 5 man teams."

>

> I just thought it was funny. I wanted to point that one out so everyone else could enjoy it.

>

>

>

I don't see how those are contradictory. Since there are not enough players to support team queues, they must play against solos. Yes, solos do in fact get tired of being farmed.

> @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> > @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> > Solo que defendants are saying two things to support their opinions, that happen to be in complete contradiction to each other:

> >

> > 1. "There weren't enough 5 man teams to support team ques."

> >

> > 3. "Solo que players were getting so tired of being frequently farmed by 5 man teams."

> >

> > I just thought it was funny. I wanted to point that one out so everyone else could enjoy it.

> >

> >

> >

>

> I don't see how those are contradictory. Since there are not enough players to support team queues, they must play against solos. Yes, solos do in fact get tired of being farmed.

Then make a team.

Dont like the idea to have solo players having a chance to be playing a game against a full team...thats completely unfair, i know for a fact that if full teams are allowed to play on ranked again, a lot of people will quit the game...the ideal would have a team and solo queue again, but we all know that the game population wouldnt be able to support that(more likely Team players would have to wait a long time for a game).

That been said, solo only queue made a lot of problems for the community, all the cheaters and exploiters exist just cause of that, if all the cool kids could join a single team and 500-0 every match we wouldnt even hear about this kind on stuff...honestly i dont care that much anymore, balance is horrible in my opinion and looks like it wont change, so lets give a shoot...either its gonna be helpfull to the game mode and bring back all the "true" pvp players at the cost of few "casuals" or its gonna be a total disaster and we can finally admit that Team queue aint gonna work on sPvP at this point.

> @"Felipe.1807" said:

> Dont like the idea to have solo players having a chance to be playing a game against a full team...thats completely unfair, i know for a fact that if full teams are allowed to play on ranked again, a lot of people will quit the game...the ideal would have a team and solo queue again, but we all know that the game population wouldnt be able to support that(more likely Team players would have to wait a long time for a game).

> That been said, solo only queue made a lot of problems for the community, all the cheaters and exploiters exist just cause of that, if all the cool kids could join a single team and 500-0 every match we wouldnt even hear about this kind on stuff...honestly i dont care that much anymore, balance is horrible in my opinion and looks like it wont change, so lets give a shoot...either its gonna be helpfull to the game mode and bring back all the "true" pvp players at the cost of few "casuals" or its gonna be a total disaster and we can finally admit that Team queue aint gonna work on sPvP at this point.

I would rather not have another crappy season for an "experiment". If the ATs are not a clue for the genpop, nothing will help. It would be a season for even more undeserving players to achieve a status they otherwise would never scratch.

"All the good people left because they got rid of teams", no they left the season after realizing it was the team, not their skill that gained their rating.

> @"Crab Fear.1624" said:

> > @"Felipe.1807" said:

> > Dont like the idea to have solo players having a chance to be playing a game against a full team...thats completely unfair, i know for a fact that if full teams are allowed to play on ranked again, a lot of people will quit the game...the ideal would have a team and solo queue again, but we all know that the game population wouldnt be able to support that(more likely Team players would have to wait a long time for a game).

> > That been said, solo only queue made a lot of problems for the community, all the cheaters and exploiters exist just cause of that, if all the cool kids could join a single team and 500-0 every match we wouldnt even hear about this kind on stuff...honestly i dont care that much anymore, balance is horrible in my opinion and looks like it wont change, so lets give a shoot...either its gonna be helpfull to the game mode and bring back all the "true" pvp players at the cost of few "casuals" or its gonna be a total disaster and we can finally admit that Team queue aint gonna work on sPvP at this point.

>

> I would rather not have another crappy season for an "experiment". If the ATs are not a clue for the genpop, nothing will help. It would be a season for even more undeserving players to achieve a status they otherwise would never scratch.

>

> "All the good people left because they got rid of teams", no they left the season after realizing it was the team, not their skill that gained their rating.

Oh I agree with, I dont buy this "I am legend player but stuck on plat cause everyone else sucks" if you are good, at some point you will climb, to bad that there are the cheaters and etc...but I am just willing to agree with team queue just to see a horrible season and finally bury this idea that Team Queue would save the game.

> @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> > > > @"choovanski.5462" said:

> > > > > @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> > > > > I perceive that the plea for team queue is elitist.

> > > > > **When I hear "let's have pre mades" my mind interprets: "Let me set up a situation where I can exclude anyone I don't like and take advantage of solo players to pad my win ratio."**

> > > >

> > > > _guess you're unable to imagine having friends then..._

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > well... I'll see if can explain a bit about friends. if you have a friend you like to spend time with them. if you both like to do the same activity it's pretty common for you and your friends to do this activity together.

> > > >

> > > > so if you and your friends like to play video games you are probably going to want to play games together. so you want to find a multiplayer game where you can play together, ideally as a team of friends.

> > > >

> > > > guild wars 2 used to be a game, just like DotA or TF2 where you could play the competitive gamemode with your friends. it's not anymore.

> > > >

> > > > I hope you can understand why people with friends don't like this change.

> > > >

> > > > -++++++-

> > > >

> > > > I'm ignoring ATs because that's a limited amount of matches a day, and is a set time. it is in no way a substitute for party play in ranked. I can explain this further if need be, but I shouldn't have to.

> > >

> > > Here's the problem with that reasoning; If one group get's to play together as friends, someone else has to take it in the shorts. There aren't enough players to make a full team queue work. Ergo, you'd have pre-made vs. solo. **We've seen historically that situations of premade vs solo are negative for the game.**

> > >

> > > **One person's rights end when they stomp on another's.** While I'm 100% for friends playing together as guilds, I don't support offering up other players for their pleasure.

> > >

> > > I'd also argue that at least part of the motivation for teaming up, ( in many cases, ) is to exploit others for easy wins.

> >

> > Alright I've always struggled to understand anything you say. I can't for the life of me see how someone could make so little sense.

> >

> > How in the hell do you equate the ability to play with friends as stomping on people's rights? Like... LOL

>

> There simply aren't enough active players, **in my opinion**, to support a separate team queue.

Exactly... it is your **opinion**. Everything you say on this topic is always your opinion, yet you cite them repeatedly as if they were fact.

In my opinion, there **are** enough active players to support a separate team queue. So, who is right?

> "All the good people left because they got rid of teams", no they left the season after realizing it was the team, not their skill that gained their rating.

Top players were still top of the leaderboards until wintrading became more and more prevalent.

Players left because being forced to play solo and duo in a team game isn't fun and isn't challenging enough, hence the exodus of many pros and entire PvP guilds disbanding instantly. This is an MMO with heavy emphasis on community and cooperation in every other game mode but PvP it seems now. I don't understand how hard it is for people to see how stupidly backwards that is. The reason it got like this is trying to force a casual experience. PvP should be the least casual place in the game but its been molded into nothing more than a reward track and pip farm.

You don't go into PvE raids solo or purposefully carrying pugs thinking its only a matter of personal skill unless you have the confidence and skill of a godlike player, you need to have a group to cover your weaknesses and thats when you are only going up against AI.

So PvP conquest should absolutely require greater coordination and communication because of the human element. There is no personal skill level in a team. If players want that there would much higher demand for 1v1 arenas. But thats not been the case. The only logical reason for this is the fact the players left dont really care about competition or rank, they can maintain a 50/50 win rate or less and still reap all the rewards of gold and asc gear during the season and are happy for things to continue if weren't for other toxic behaviors and practices which have become increasingly more common. And they are just the symptoms of the lack of a healthy population.

> @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> > > > > @"choovanski.5462" said:

> > > > > > @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> > > > > > I perceive that the plea for team queue is elitist.

> > > > > > **When I hear "let's have pre mades" my mind interprets: "Let me set up a situation where I can exclude anyone I don't like and take advantage of solo players to pad my win ratio."**

> > > > >

> > > > > _guess you're unable to imagine having friends then..._

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > well... I'll see if can explain a bit about friends. if you have a friend you like to spend time with them. if you both like to do the same activity it's pretty common for you and your friends to do this activity together.

> > > > >

> > > > > so if you and your friends like to play video games you are probably going to want to play games together. so you want to find a multiplayer game where you can play together, ideally as a team of friends.

> > > > >

> > > > > guild wars 2 used to be a game, just like DotA or TF2 where you could play the competitive gamemode with your friends. it's not anymore.

> > > > >

> > > > > I hope you can understand why people with friends don't like this change.

> > > > >

> > > > > -++++++-

> > > > >

> > > > > I'm ignoring ATs because that's a limited amount of matches a day, and is a set time. it is in no way a substitute for party play in ranked. I can explain this further if need be, but I shouldn't have to.

> > > >

> > > > Here's the problem with that reasoning; If one group get's to play together as friends, someone else has to take it in the shorts. There aren't enough players to make a full team queue work. Ergo, you'd have pre-made vs. solo. **We've seen historically that situations of premade vs solo are negative for the game.**

> > > >

> > > > **One person's rights end when they stomp on another's.** While I'm 100% for friends playing together as guilds, I don't support offering up other players for their pleasure.

> > > >

> > > > I'd also argue that at least part of the motivation for teaming up, ( in many cases, ) is to exploit others for easy wins.

> > >

> > > Alright I've always struggled to understand anything you say. I can't for the life of me see how someone could make so little sense.

> > >

> > > How in the hell do you equate the ability to play with friends as stomping on people's rights? Like... LOL

> >

> > There simply aren't enough active players, **in my opinion**, to support a separate team queue.

>

> Exactly... it is your **opinion**. Everything you say on this topic is always your opinion, yet you cite them repeatedly as if they were fact.

>

> In my opinion, there **are** enough active players to support a separate team queue. So, who is right?

Ben himself said that there are not enough players for a separate team queue so your opinion is irrelevant.

> > @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> > > > > @"choovanski.5462" said:

> > > > > > @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> > > > > > I perceive that the plea for team queue is elitist.

> > > > > > **When I hear "let's have pre mades" my mind interprets: "Let me set up a situation where I can exclude anyone I don't like and take advantage of solo players to pad my win ratio."**

> > > > >

> > > > > _guess you're unable to imagine having friends then..._

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > well... I'll see if can explain a bit about friends. if you have a friend you like to spend time with them. if you both like to do the same activity it's pretty common for you and your friends to do this activity together.

> > > > >

> > > > > so if you and your friends like to play video games you are probably going to want to play games together. so you want to find a multiplayer game where you can play together, ideally as a team of friends.

> > > > >

> > > > > guild wars 2 used to be a game, just like DotA or TF2 where you could play the competitive gamemode with your friends. it's not anymore.

> > > > >

> > > > > I hope you can understand why people with friends don't like this change.

> > > > >

> > > > > -++++++-

> > > > >

> > > > > I'm ignoring ATs because that's a limited amount of matches a day, and is a set time. it is in no way a substitute for party play in ranked. I can explain this further if need be, but I shouldn't have to.

> > > >

> > > > Here's the problem with that reasoning; If one group get's to play together as friends, someone else has to take it in the shorts. There aren't enough players to make a full team queue work. Ergo, you'd have pre-made vs. solo. **We've seen historically that situations of premade vs solo are negative for the game.**

> > > >

> > > > **One person's rights end when they stomp on another's.** While I'm 100% for friends playing together as guilds, I don't support offering up other players for their pleasure.

> > > >

> > > > I'd also argue that at least part of the motivation for teaming up, ( in many cases, ) is to exploit others for easy wins.

> > >

> > > Alright I've always struggled to understand anything you say. I can't for the life of me see how someone could make so little sense.

> > >

> > > How in the hell do you equate the ability to play with friends as stomping on people's rights? Like... LOL

> >

> > There simply aren't enough active players, **in my opinion**, to support a separate team queue.

>

> Exactly... it is your **opinion**. Everything you say on this topic is always your opinion, yet you cite them repeatedly as if they were fact.

>

> In my opinion, there **are** enough active players to support a separate team queue. So, who is right?

LOOOOOOOL Imagine if you worked at Anet and you read shit like this everyday. I kinda actually feel bad for them sometimes, only sometimes

It is my opinion that Obama is secretly Chinese. I'm right too right?

> @"rank eleven monk.9502" said:

> > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> > > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> > > > > > @"choovanski.5462" said:

> > > > > > > @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> > > > > > > I perceive that the plea for team queue is elitist.

> > > > > > > **When I hear "let's have pre mades" my mind interprets: "Let me set up a situation where I can exclude anyone I don't like and take advantage of solo players to pad my win ratio."**

> > > > > >

> > > > > > _guess you're unable to imagine having friends then..._

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > well... I'll see if can explain a bit about friends. if you have a friend you like to spend time with them. if you both like to do the same activity it's pretty common for you and your friends to do this activity together.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > so if you and your friends like to play video games you are probably going to want to play games together. so you want to find a multiplayer game where you can play together, ideally as a team of friends.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > guild wars 2 used to be a game, just like DotA or TF2 where you could play the competitive gamemode with your friends. it's not anymore.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I hope you can understand why people with friends don't like this change.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > -++++++-

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'm ignoring ATs because that's a limited amount of matches a day, and is a set time. it is in no way a substitute for party play in ranked. I can explain this further if need be, but I shouldn't have to.

> > > > >

> > > > > Here's the problem with that reasoning; If one group get's to play together as friends, someone else has to take it in the shorts. There aren't enough players to make a full team queue work. Ergo, you'd have pre-made vs. solo. **We've seen historically that situations of premade vs solo are negative for the game.**

> > > > >

> > > > > **One person's rights end when they stomp on another's.** While I'm 100% for friends playing together as guilds, I don't support offering up other players for their pleasure.

> > > > >

> > > > > I'd also argue that at least part of the motivation for teaming up, ( in many cases, ) is to exploit others for easy wins.

> > > >

> > > > Alright I've always struggled to understand anything you say. I can't for the life of me see how someone could make so little sense.

> > > >

> > > > How in the hell do you equate the ability to play with friends as stomping on people's rights? Like... LOL

> > >

> > > There simply aren't enough active players, **in my opinion**, to support a separate team queue.

> >

> > Exactly... it is your **opinion**. Everything you say on this topic is always your opinion, yet you cite them repeatedly as if they were fact.

> >

> > In my opinion, there **are** enough active players to support a separate team queue. So, who is right?

> Ben himself said that there are not enough players for a separate team queue so your opinion is irrelevant.

That's likely because a huge amount of players quit the game when they removed the ability to team queue. :]

No guys, it's simple.

Bring team que back.

Watch the population drop even further

And then laugh when the so called 'teams' are stuck in long ques and only get to play amongst themselves.

When they finally go: "Wuh happened guys?111"

We can finally say: "We told you so."

So please, I want Anet to put team ques, just so I can watch the dumpster fire rise higher and laugh when it all falls about, and that bit of 'hope' for team ques crumble.

You people are too desperate into thinking that team ques will save -anything- at this point. The issue is balance, not which one can get carried harder by a team or by themselves.

> @"Ioras Dagnir.3927" said:

> > "All the good people left because they got rid of teams", no they left the season after realizing it was the team, not their skill that gained their rating.

>

> Top players were still top of the leaderboards until wintrading became more and more prevalent.

>

So if they fix win trading teams are not necessary. I mean if they can get to the top without a team, then I can assume the player that could get to 150 or 250 would still get there.

Teams are not the fix for win trading, they will become the new form of it.

1. Wintrading doesn't exist because of the fact there are no 5 man team queues. It exists because Anet for some reason decided not to crush it out of existence when it became public knowledge (or even private knowledge. if you think they can't see it happening you don't understand IT, and if they didn't know how to look that's just embarrassing)

2. 5 man queues are not fun to play against for the 95% of the population who doesn't have access to consistent groups of players that want to or can queue all the time.

3. ATs have replaced ranked for 5 man queues and the associated rewards. That system will continue to be adjusted and broadened now that the tech has appeared in this game.

4. The longer Anet refuses to have a backbone and require players to learn how to play the game at a high level to get high level rewards, the more casual the population will become - simply because the population never has to get good to get rewards.

5. As the population becomes more casual (and as a side effect becomes less skillful), ranked will become ever more like unranked. This bleeds players, especially the competitive ones that ranked was always intended for, and the community shrinks even more. Smaller community = less access to 5 man team queues (can't form a team with nobody around to team up with) = less fun for new players because the few teams that do exist will constantly farm them = never growing the pvp community.

tl,dr: 5 man queues will never come back outside of ATs because it will destroy the last remnants of the community, and because Anet refuses to implement any hint of requiring players to actually get good at playing their game.

> @"Awe.1096" said:

> > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> >

> > Oh, i didn't know those statistics existed, but they pretty much confirm my experience then. I had better win rates with solo/duo than teams. The Algorithm was doing its job apparently.

> > This only makes Arena Net's choice more unjustifiable.

> > I had 8 guild mates that would regularly do PvP with me in guild teams (we'd rotate) and a few more that played less often. Of those 10-15 players, only ONE plays PvP regularly. It an't me either. I've not touched PvP once this last season.

> >

> > The worse part, the part that really stings is that PvP was fun, was cool to play with friends, and a lot of my old mates actually quit the game entirely as well, and are now playing stuff like Warframe, Overwatch and LoL. And because of the damage done, the accumulation of errors, PvP is unlikely to ever bounce back.

>

> Good premade > Hey guys lets make a premade > pubs

>

> I suspect that when you queue as a premade, system in the first place tries to match you vs another premade with similar average rating. When it fails, it expands a bit and puts you vs a premade with different skill level. If you are a "casual" premade, you end up stomped by some hardcore guys. But then when it even fails to find you another premade, it throws you some random pubs. Can pubs win with a premade? I guess thay can. But I think this mostly happens when a casual premade assembled on map chat gets pitted vs random solo guys from platinum rank. I sit in gold from 2-3 seasons and I never was above that. And from my own experience I can tell that 4 or 5 man premade thrown vs solos is a stomped game even before the gates open. I dont remember when was the last time I seen a game where all solos won vs a 4+ premade. Did I ever? I heard people claiming it happens, so as I described above, I suspect this may happen when all or most solos are platinum at least and they simply dominate all 1v1's during the match.

>

> I understand that not being able to play ranked with a full premade is a bad thing. And I agree with that. But this is a necessary evil in a game where PvP population is mediocre in size at best. There are not enough people to keep the premade only queue busy. And if you keep feeding pubs to premades, pubs will leave sooner rather than later. And I am fairly certain that, as in any game, there are more pubs than hardcore and skilled PvP-ers (take a look at tournaments participation) and utlimately this is what matters more.

>

its mediocre population because they removed team queue... cause and effect.

Just a few photos though having a quick scrimmage through my desktop in regards to claims regarding winning against premades.

![](https://i.imgur.com/m8clbkH.jpg "")

![](https://i.imgur.com/2042tcj.jpg "")

![](https://i.imgur.com/Be8VDbb.jpg "")

![](https://i.imgur.com/MRyWTmM.jpg "")

![](https://i.imgur.com/s72rqw0.jpg "")

That was taken from the last 100 photos I have, I have thousands of screenshots. As you can see, most are complete blowouts favoring the "pugs".

> > @"rank eleven monk.9502" said:

> > Ben himself said that there are not enough players for a separate team queue so your opinion is irrelevant.

>

> That's likely because a huge amount of players quit the game when they removed the ability to team queue. :]

iirc, that was before that, when they merged the two queues because, as stated, a seperate team queue was no longer sustainable so they chose to feed solo players to it instead.

> @"Lilyanna.9361" said:

> No guys, it's simple.

> Bring team que back.

> Watch the population drop even further

> And then laugh when the so called 'teams' are stuck in long ques and only get to play amongst themselves.

>

> When they finally go: "Wuh happened guys?111"

> We can finally say: "We told you so."

>

> So please, I want Anet to put team ques, just so I can watch the dumpster fire rise higher and laugh when it all falls about, and that bit of 'hope' for team ques crumble.

>

> You people are too desperate into thinking that team ques will save -anything- at this point. The issue is balance, not which one can get carried harder by a team or by themselves.

To be honest I'd be completely ok with this too, even if it doesn't save population at the least it'd die an honest death instead of the abomination of what it is now.

> @"Lilyanna.9361" said:

> No guys, it's simple.

> Bring team que back.

> Watch the population drop even further

> And then laugh when the so called 'teams' are stuck in long ques and only get to play amongst themselves.

>

> When they finally go: "Wuh happened guys?111"

> We can finally say: "We told you so."

>

> So please, I want Anet to put team ques, just so I can watch the dumpster fire rise higher and laugh when it all falls about, and that bit of 'hope' for team ques crumble.

>

> You people are too desperate into thinking that team ques will save -anything- at this point. The issue is balance, not which one can get carried harder by a team or by themselves.

Actually no one is saying that bringing 5q back will save everything but there is A LOT of people that is asking for it because it is clearly not satisfied from this system. What is your problem with it?

Nobody will force you to play against 5 premade, you will be able to continue your rng solo q :)

There are no enough people to support a 5q? Maybe the waits will be long at the beginning but if a lot of people is asking for it, why you have to deny it just because you don't want it? I would prefere to wait 5/10 mins for a good game (in the meantime I do something else) than playing a whole sesone with 1/2 mins solo q, like the one just ended, because it is not funny for many, MANY reasons.

And if the request of people asking for something that will emprove their experience bothers you, you have problems.

Important to point out the two things that players are saying who are pro 5 man premades in ranked:

* Allowing players to create 5 man premades is the ONLY way to ensure that no one is throwing games on your team's side.

* Players want to be able to play in teams with their friends. ATs are not frequent enough to replace 5 man ranked play.

Also important to point out how match manipulation has become a far far greater and much more evident problem than: "wah wah we don't have enough 5 man teams and, wah wah the solo ques are so tired of being farmed by 5 man teams." <- Which are two very contradicting statements that are entirely debatable and in no way evident towards each other in any way shape or form.

Oh is it que times that everyone will bring up next? I'd like to state that I'd much rather play 2 ranked games a day that I knew were clean, than 10 ranked games a day where half of the games were dirty and riddled with match manipulations. Thank you very much, no question behind it.

> @"Hockmed.9417" said:

> 1. Wintrading doesn't exist because of the fact there are no 5 man team queues. It exists because Anet for some reason decided not to crush it out of existence when it became public knowledge (or even private knowledge. if you think they can't see it happening you don't understand IT, and if they didn't know how to look that's just embarrassing)

> 2. 5 man queues are not fun to play against for the 95% of the population who doesn't have access to consistent groups of players that want to or can queue all the time.

> 3. ATs have replaced ranked for 5 man queues and the associated rewards. That system will continue to be adjusted and broadened now that the tech has appeared in this game.

> 4. The longer Anet refuses to have a backbone and require players to learn how to play the game at a high level to get high level rewards, the more casual the population will become - simply because the population never has to get good to get rewards.

> 5. As the population becomes more casual (and as a side effect becomes less skillful), ranked will become ever more like unranked. This bleeds players, especially the competitive ones that ranked was always intended for, and the community shrinks even more. Smaller community = less access to 5 man team queues (can't form a team with nobody around to team up with) = less fun for new players because the few teams that do exist will constantly farm them = never growing the pvp community.

>

> tl,dr: 5 man queues will never come back outside of ATs because it will destroy the last remnants of the community, and because Anet refuses to implement any hint of requiring players to actually get good at playing their game.

1. Win trading exists for many reasons including psychological aspects as well as game engine design flaws. **But win trading cannot negatively effect those who are qued as a 5 man team.** <- And that is preventative healthcare my friend. Hey it's your own choice if you don't take advantage of 5 man teams enabled. Disabling 5 man teams removes any choice for all players to prevent being gamed by match manipulation.

2. Stop throwing around ridiculously over exaggerated statistics "95% of players solo que." How about this statistic that is visually obvious to any player setting foot into the mists during the first week of gameplay: 100 to 200 players are standing around queing spvp at any given point in time during the day. Every 4 to 5 hours an AT occurs with only a 25 minute interval to assemble and que a team. Despite this small amount of time "25 minutes per 4-5 hours" 10 to 15 teams show up and once this week I have seen as low as 8. If we were to be modest and say an average of 10 teams per AT, that's 50 players waiting around on scheduled times to que ATs. That is a large margin of the spvp player base and it would be much more if this could be done casually rather than 4-5 hour intervals.

3. ATs are ATs. We are talking about ranked ques where it is now impossible to play & climb leaderboards legitimately without becoming involved in the social stigma of match manipulation. This past season, most of the non-cheating players I know who usually played in the 1650-1700 range were struggling to break gold 3 and stay bottom plat 1, which makes no sense considering the large exodus of players from Guild Wars 2. If anything, these older veteran players should be rising to the top the longer they stick around but mysteriously they are riding lower and lower on the leaderboards each season. This is due to the growth of Match Manipulation Meta.

4. How is your 4. relevant?

5. On the contraire, I get much better matches in unranked and almost everyone I've ever talked to agrees with this. It is because no one cares to match manipulate unranked matches. I think you are getting confused as to what is driving people away from ranked. You seem like one of those guys that still believes "the match maker is the problem." You should read up on match manipulation. Oh and stop with that contradiction! Are there not enough teams to realistically run 5 man teams? or are there so many that solo ques are being farmed by them? I mean seriously boys, pick one chose one, go with it. Stating both in the same breath makes no sense.

6. You know what destroyed the community? Removing 5 man teams and then delivering a coup de grace of removing duo que past 1600. I'm sure that even Arenanet's numbers reflect the truth in that statement.

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> That was taken from the last 100 photos I have, I have thousands of screenshots. As you can see, most are complete blowouts favoring the "pugs".

Good for you. I have 2825 games played in PvP. I probably experienced less than 10 matches where a 4+ premade lost to pugs. Maybe even less than 5. Hard to remember. But as I said before, my skill ceiling is at gold rank. Maybe stuff changes at plat? But then again, how many % of players are plat+?