Please remove mounts from cities?

Ashantara.8731

Dear devs,

While I appreciate the fact that we can use mounts all across Tyria, unlike gliders they are taking up space. A lot of space. Especially the V.I.P. areas in cities are already cramped as is, we don't need huge Charr or Norn sitting on even bigger giant bunnies and the like, blocking the whole view.

Could you please disable them in cities? Thank you.

> @Greyraven.4258 said:

> Agreed..I love seeing the mounts in the cities it makes them feel more alive.

It only cramps them and blocks the view not only on the beautiful architecture but also on NPCs and everything that. It completely ruins the atmosphere and impedes navigation. It really is unnecessary to have those mounts in the cities, especially since there is a mastery for speed boost on foot in major cities.

Seriously, this is getting majorly irritating. At the Royal Terrace, you can't even test new weapon looks or other things in action on your character, because some show-off has to put out their mount and cover your entire player model in it (I don't appreciate being stuck in as raptor's behind, to be honest).

Please disable mounts in cities, they are unnecessary there anyway. Thank you.

too late now for that to ever happen that cats out of the bag and gone. ;) :p :3 . and sure do not see anet changing this at all no matter how much it is cried over . and I do hope they add new mounts to the game . just not skin versions of them . I not found one problem at all with mounts in towns or other places . their is not problem when you can just walk into the mounts and keep on walking to the trading post or banks or crafting areas :p :3 <3

> @Ayakaru.6583 said:

> Personally, i think its just a phase. Mounts are new so people are constantly activating them for every little hop. After a while it'll fade and people will stop using mounts for every little thing. Give it a few weeks

I don't think so. Mounting and dismounting are virtually instantaneous so there's very little reason not to mount up. If you'll notice, there are little signs in the desert that tell people mounts aren't allowed, but so far there is no actual prohibition against players to be mounted in those areas. I think this is something that Anet will be refining as development continues, where mounts will be disallowed in specific areas where they are not appropriate. Until then though, they will be pretty much everywhere. So it is good for people to bring up specific issues they are having, even if not all of them will be valid objections.

> @Greyraven.4258 said:

> It only cramps them and blocks the view not only on the beautiful architecture but also on NPCs and everything that. It completely ruins the atmosphere and impedes navigation. It really is unnecessary to have those mounts in the cities, especially since there is a mastery for speed boost on foot in major cities.

Fully agree with this. There's no reason to have even more unnecessary visual clutter that obstructs players views or blocks NPCs etc in the main cities. This is a problem that will get worse when we inevitably end up with flashy mount accessories / particle effects or glowing mount skins on the gem store.

And as mentioned we have a mastery to run quick in cities, so allowing mounts in cities really makes that whole mastery redundant.

Sadly I doubt Anet will change this as I'm sure they want maximum exposure of mounts to everyone who hasn't got PoF, so they see them and want to buy it.