Characters and Expansion missing

Hello,

I am having a wierd issue and I have support tickets in but was wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

I purchase Guild Wars 2 at release and played for awhile on Tarnished Coast with my guild. After awhile and some frustrations i quit the game. When Heart of Thorns came out I figured I would give it another try since i was playing a Thief and the Daredevil sounded interesting. I also tried out the Reverant during that time so I am sure I bought the Heart of Thorns expansion at that time

Yesterday I decided I wanted to give Guild Wars 2 another try, I recovered my password and logged into my account with my 2 step authentication. I saw the New Expansion Path of Fire was available so figured I would pick it up so i was up to date atleast. Where it got confusing was when it said i needed to purchase Heart of Thorns also, I was pretty sure i had bought it before but thought maybe they had a free trial of the expansion or something that I remembered. So I bought the pack with bought expansions, applied the code and downloaded the game.

once game was playable I log in to see that I am on the Blackgate server instead of Tarnished Coast and all five of my characters are gone. Talking with some friends today no one remembers thier being any free trial of the expansion so I am sure i had bought it and I know i had 5 characters on my account.

so now all my characters are missing and i probably double paid for the Heart of Thorns expansion.

I have support tickets in and waiting to hear back but was wondering if anyone has had or heard of something similiar to this happening?

I am not sure how long support will take but I will probably give it a couple days before I just refund and give up.

if anyone has any insight it would be appreicated.

I made a new free account today so I can at least play the game without affecting my old account.

The other account is definitely my old account i had before, the display name is not a name I have used in the past couple years and it already had a home server selected for me instead of asking me to select a server. I have no achievement points or contacts or anything on the account I recovered last night but I am 99.9% sure that was the account i had played on before. I have tried to recover passwords for all other emails i had at the time and none of them were found in the system.

I closed down the one extra ticket i had open so I only have one at this point.